Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Christmas 2009 [PREVIEW]

Default Christmas 2009 [PREVIEW]
    Christmas 2009 [PREVIEW]

The original theme was created by Jonny202003, and he called it Ornamental. It was made for the original iPhone in 2007. I used his icons and tried to make something a little better for this christmas. I know its early but this will be on my phone while I listen to Christmas music starting on November 1st.

I am making more icons. I can't figure out what to name the Tweetie 2 icon.

I will be making more icons and releasiing it soon.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0424-1-.png   -img_0422-1-.png  
    Last edited by hoits2000; 2009-10-16 at 06:36 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

its a nice theme feel the background doesn't quite match with the baubles.. lack of focus i think. but its nice overall
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

i better idea would be...keeping the tree, but make the icons all over the place(so the decorations can look like they are acually on the tree like rotate on 30o, another put it on a slant...etc

good work

I thought about that. I look into it. It looks blurry because I uploaded the pic to facebook. Its actually really clear. I am hoping to finish a lot more icons before the 1st and upload it to modmyi's repo.

I am just having trouble getting the icons from the apps that are downloaded from the appstore, like Tweetie 2 or At Bat. Anyone know how to get the orignal icon from the app itself? I ssh'd into the app but when I copy the icon.png to my computer it is just a black box.
    Last edited by hoits2000; 2009-10-14 at 09:00 PM.

This is a really cool theme. Maybe you could use more ornament shapes to give the icons a little more life and variety, like stars or something, just to make it a little more exciting.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoits2000 View Post
    I am just having trouble getting the icons from the apps that are downloaded from the appstore, like Tweetie 2 or At Bat. Anyone know how to get the orignal icon from the app itself? I ssh'd into the app but when I copy the icon.png to my computer it is just a black box.
    The best way I've found of getting icon artwork is to search in Google images. Most can be found bigger then the 60X60 pixels, making them easier to work with too.

Good luck!

I was actually thinking about updating this theme, but if you want to do it, go right ahead hahaha

I think it may look better with 5, 6, or 7 column rows enabled, just a guess though.

Anyone want to try and update my Jack-O-Lantern theme for halloween?

Thanks man. Ever since this first day it came out it has been my favorite theme. I thought it would be cool to have a train going around the tree on the bottom carrying the present icons, I just couldn't figure out what to do with the ipod icon. I have about 70 - 100 appstore icons done. SO I am almost ready to upload it to the repo. Ill wait until Nov 1st, so If anyone has any icons they want upload them here and Ill add them.

This will be on my iPhone from Nov 1 until January 2, haha.

Thanks again for making this theme to start from! Its awesome!

Ima let you finish, but I just wanna say that your pumkin theme was a close 2nd, of best themes of all time, all time. (First being Ornamental.)

Also waht about badges? Should I leave them be or should I make some, maybe like chrismas lights or something?
    Last edited by hoits2000; 2009-10-15 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I think little Christmas lights as icon badges would be very cute and would fit the theme very nicely

I added pics to the original post one with blue christmas light badges and one with red. What do you think? THe red kind of look like peppers.

Quote Originally Posted by hoits2000 View Post
    I added pics to the original post one with blue christmas light badges and one with red. What do you think? THe red kind of look like peppers.
    I prefer the red. Its more of a Christmas color

Ok, I've got a few poeple saying they like the red better, so I'm going with that.

This theme looks great so far. I can't wait for it to be released. I love Christmas stuff.
    MY PHONE TIMELINE:

Its been submitted.