Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: question about summerboard

Default question about summerboard
    i want to select a theme through summerboard, and apply it to my springboard. then i want to jailbreak and swap the icons for my gunmetal icons. when i turn the phone back on, will the icons be there? if i switched to a different theme, and then went back, would they still be there??
    Last edited by diiirk; 2007-09-25 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

how did you get summerboard on your phone without jailbreaking it?

how are you going to install your icons? As a Summerboard Theme? Replacing the icon.png in each .app directory (ie: this is the iSwitcher method)?

The answer to your question depends on how you install your icons and what Summerboard theme you are switching to/from and whether you have Summerboard's theme icons turned on.

it seems like people make the installer app seem so confusing. i downloaded it in about 4 seconds, plugged my phone in, closed itunes, clicked install, and literally 45 seconds later, i have installer on my phone. with installer on the phone. i installed the summerboard. i dont like any of the themes, so im wondering, can i just select one, set it as the theme. then jailbreak, run iphoneinterface, and replace the png files, and have it save to that specific summerboard theme.

basically, all of the summerboard themes are lame. i want to use one of them and turn it into a gunmetal theme.

I think you are making this way too complicated.

1. If you used apptapp to install installer.app, you already have done jailbreak.

2. The icons used by a SummerBoard theme are in the themes folder on the phone in /var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes. Just create a folder on your desktop and use an iPhone browser for your OS of choice to copy the wallpaper/dock images you like into it. Add an Icons subdirectory and put the icons you like in there, named after the app name. Copy this folder to the iPhone and you have a new SummerBoard theme.

Quote Originally Posted by NetMage View Post
    I think you are making this way too complicated.

1. If you used apptapp to install installer.app, you already have done jailbreak.

2. The icons used by a SummerBoard theme are in the themes folder on the phone in /var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes. Just create a folder on your desktop and use an iPhone browser for your OS of choice to copy the wallpaper/dock images you like into it. Add an Icons subdirectory and put the icons you like in there, named after the app name. Copy this folder to the iPhone and you have a new SummerBoard theme.
    Yea, what you were talking about doing is unnecessary. I'm not sure why you are talking about using a theme and turning it into gunmetal. Just add gunmetal to summerboard and you can pick it that way. Iphoneinterface is old school. We're beyond that.

than can somebody please explain to me how i can add a theme to installer. if i download gunmetal, how to i upload it to installer

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhone1118's Avatar
    Thanks

well, you could create your own installer source and host it there, but the easier method would just be to put in on without using installer (aka any file transfer method you want)
    I am the MacBook Pro

Quote Originally Posted by diiirk View Post
    than can somebody please explain to me how i can add a theme to installer. if i download gunmetal, how to i upload it to installer
    You don't upload it to installer. You upload it to your phone via iphonebrower or something similar. Put the gunmetal theme into var/root/library/summerboard/themes

Hey,

How do I install Themes to my Iphone using an Windows System (XP)?

Can i use iBricker to upload files? Or should i use something that uploads the folders?

BTW im using Summerboard.
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mofolo View Post
    Hey,

How do I install Themes to my Iphone using an Windows System (XP)?

Can i use iBricker to upload files? Or should i use something that uploads the folders?

BTW im using Summerboard.
    Yes you can use ibrickr. Just follow the directory given above.
    BTW, i see that you still waiting for your phone to come...and you using summerboard? how?

going to be using summerboard*

lol.
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

would this work...

1. download gunmetal theme
    2. install openssh
    3. run ftp client on macbbok
    4. connect to iphones ip
    5. create new theme folder
    6. drop all gunmetal sub folders containing icons
    7. done

where would the modified DisplayOrder.plist file go?