Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [preview] 新風

I agree witg armadilo

Im ganna stick to inspired.

I might just change the inspired icons to these icons.

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,217 Times in 2,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    This is the problem with building hype. Frankly, this theme is not really all that great compared to your previous work. From a design point of view, the various elements are too disjointed IMHO.

The bigger categories icons have a similar overal style as the app icons, yet they are different enough to make them look strangely inconsistent when next to each other. It's almost as if you can't really make up your mind as to whether they are intentionally different or identical in style, but badly scaled versions. The Quick Access icon styles with white outlines are at odds with the rest of the theme elements. The app icons themselves appear rather slim and I think I would have difficulties identifying apps, particularly since app names are dimmed text.

Don't take this as trashing the theme. The individual elements are nice. It's just that in my subjective view, the combination of them is not really fluid and coherent.
    You walk in half-way through surgery, it looks like murder.

I posted screenshots I didn't even really want to post... but I had such a sh*tty night last night that I didn't really care by the time I got home.

Those app icons were tentative, and practically temporary for the same reasons you stated - too similar to the main category image.

Here is a screenshot of the new icons, I wanted to post this last night, but well, I just didn't.

This is kinda why I'm glad I ended up showing screenshots, want to get feedback. But honestly, this theme runs better in action than in screenshots. Even though I was showing teasers here, I was showing the theme to other theme designers who were giving me constructive feedback.

Keep in mind, icons on the first 6 screens is ENTIRELY up to the user. Some people complained about the use of "real estate" on iNSPIRED and this was my way to fix it. Personally, I won't have icons on those screens as the tiles in the middle of the screen look aesthetically pleasing already. In the portrait version, on the other hand, I might put icons there.

Also, those big buttons to the top-left are NOT buttons at all, just images. If you see on the "Productivity" page, the bottom 3 buttons are as follows: AppStore, SpringJump to "More Apps", More Apps Categories. These buttons are practically essential; therefore customization of them isn't necessary. So if you're like me and want my to-do lists and study flash cards at easy convenience, I'll simply put them to the right where all the icons placements are. This theme was designed to function the way YOU want it to function - minimal or productive, it's all up to you.

I figured this style wouldn't appeal to the same crowd as iNSPIRED - this is why iNSPIRED will still be supported FULLY. This style was more of a homage to the iNITSUA users (minimalistic and stylish). The icons that will be used in this theme will be flexible unlike the current iNITSUA icons. The main issue I had with iNITSUA Homescreen and iNITSUA (RED) WAS the icons. With the way these will be made, there won't be anymore issues as they can be used in almost any layout (colorful or not).

Trust me, it has came a long way from it's first iterations:

NeoStyle Idea 1
    NeoStyle Idea 2

Well, now that the hype died down - I'll still finish this up.

----------------------------------
    Also bear in mind the position of these elements... if you're holding the iDevice in portrait, all the elements (besides the dock) take up the top 3 rows. No longer will you need to place apps in certain areas just so that the springjumps or whatever are in the correct positions. The bottom 2 rows in Pages 1-5 are yours to mess with in any way you want to WITHOUT messing up the rest of the theme's pages.

Again, simplicity is what I'm aiming for here - simplicity that still looks sexy. In action, many of you will see improvements in this area compared to iNSPIRED. Graphically though, I'll admit iNSPIRED has this one beat - but that wasn't what I was AIMING for. I was aiming for a new jumpstart to iNITSUA. In that regard, I feel I have succeeded.
    Last edited by k.nitsua; 2009-10-29 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    #eli7e revived me

its iiite
    Storm Shadow

Wow, really liking the sleekness of this theme, I think the more discrete use of color as well as the more efficient use of screen real estate is a great improvement over iNSPIRED.

That being said I do agree with armadillo, mainly about the font color being way to dim on the categories, I can barely read them on my computer screen. I also think the portrait them should really be optimized for..well..being portrait.. Right now it looks kinda shoddy with the quick access buttons flush left and all. After having tried landscape themes and finding them largely unpractical in daily routine I would prefer a solid portrait theme that can stand on its own, and I doubt that many people will be switching between portrait and landscape versions.

My last thoughts may be a little biased towards my personal likes but just for information's sake, here it is: the kanji seems interesting enough, although, at least where I'm from, it has a strange connotation, namely that of being a nerdy asian guy... Also, about having pictures of a bunch of asian woman, (and I am definitely a fan of asian girls), after seeing the theme people might wonder if I have some kind of asian fetish... Alright, that's all I got today. Keep up the good work
    Last edited by JonnyBoy333; 2009-10-29 at 11:30 PM.

looks good, im kinda confused by the asian stuff, but as long as u like wut it looks like who cares wut anyone thinks, ur the creator, they are the leeches

Get rid of the asain girls pics and design something else.

After what u said im ganna try this out

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Very interested to see the portrait version...might try modding this for myself to better suit CategoriesSB as opposed to SpringJumps

8GB iPhone 2G
    Jailbroken 3.1.2 Firmware
    Winterboard Free
    Now with ANDROID Power!!

-------------------------
    HTC Dream (T-Mobile G1)
    Random Eclair/Donut ROMs
    CyanogenMod Recovery 1.4
    8GB Class 6 Transcend Micro-SD w/ A2SD
    Compcache w/ Backing-swap
    ADOBE FLASH ENABLED
    Haykuro's Danger SPL

iPhone? More like MyPhone grassho's Avatar
    Thanks

i will def be trying this out, looks great!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yea the asian girls thing IS wierd...like id feel wierd having an iphone with asian girls over it....use nice images likie in inspired

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,217 Times in 2,596 Posts

Keep the suggestions coming. Definitely taking them into consideration.

- typography will be modified
    - alternate version not including the Asian hotties will be offered
    - solidified portait theme considered

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to k.nitsua For This Useful Post:

bluelt1ss (2009-10-30), tiamo25 (2009-11-01)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Colored bottom icons...the black icons...they dont match with the feel...they should be some thing other than black

i kinda like the asian graphics theme of this. i will give this a try when its released.

nice! what time realease?

Thanks

K.nitsua
    first of all awesome theme. Hell it's so good that I have to replace my own theme(that's just wrong)

Alright I have one thing I want to say. Can you please not have any wording on the statusbar, like in inspired theme it says inspired beta on status bar. No time or date. So this time can you please not have any words on the status bar just time please.

Also I think you should make another thread for your icon. And include a PSD file so other people can make icons and help you out. And I know that u don't have an icon for every app, so it would be nice idea to let the fans or the community help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by pakisunny360 View Post
    K.nitsua
    first of all awesome theme. Hell it's so good that I have to replace my own theme(that's just wrong)

Alright I have one thing I want to say. Can you please not have any wording on the statusbar, like in inspired theme it says inspired beta on status bar. No time or date. So this time can you please not have any words on the status bar just time please.

Also I think you should make another thread for your icon. And include a PSD file so other people can make icons and help you out. And I know that u don't have an icon for every app, so it would be nice idea to let the fans or the community help you out.
    You can change the status back using the app MakeItMine, find it in Cydia.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    ...I made a mess on my screen

can you make one without all the asian ladies? it makes me feel like i own a chipod. not being racist or anything.

Portrait Version is ok!

Thanks! I really like this.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast