Page 86 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 2090

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: **G.O.C. PRO** theme by ToyVan

Quote Originally Posted by Insiteful View Post
    Greetings!

Firstly, I just wanted to thank ToyVan and all the moderators here for the wonderful Theme you have developed and supported on this forum! THANK YOU! It has provided me hours of fun and enjoyment, learning about my iPhone, and how it works and how I can "work it". I have read all 114 pages of this forum thread, and really learned a lot about how to modify my device. I hope that the support and updates will continue G.O.C. Pro for the 3GS and iOS 4 - since I would bet that most G.O.C. users, like me, have not yet been able to upgrade to the iPhone 4...

Inevitably, I have come up with a few "tweak" questions, and ask if anyone in the community could help me with the following:

1) I love the weather+date Widget, but I live in Southern California so the Weather part of it is fairly useless for me ('don't need an iPhone app to tell me what the weather is.) However, I really like the look of the date & time part of the widget (much more than the other alternative in the theme, the Date Widget "bar"), and was wondering if anyone knows of a way to disable the "weather" part of the Weather+Date Widget (delete the changing icon, city and temp, just leaving just the date & time)? I have tried to play around with the gocpro.css file located in
    /private/var/stash/Themes/G.O.C. PRO Weather+Date.theme/Stylesheets
    but have so far been unable to remove the weather (although as you can see from my screenshot, I was able to remove the "city" display by changing the font to 0 pt.)

2) After reading the forums, and updating to iOS v.4.01, I was wondering whether there is any real advantage to CategoriesSB over Apple's folder format? I was going to install CategoriesSB on my iPhone, but now I am not sure it is necessary.

Here are a few STATUS BAR tweaks I could use help with:

3) I would like to revert the wifi icon back to the Apple default. Can someone tell me where the files for the G.O.C. Status Bar's (peacock) wifi icon, 3G icon, and Battery % set is located? 2 prior post in this thread indicate fixes for the wifi icon, by SSH navigating to the com.apple.springboard folder, located in

library/themes/G.O.C. PRO.theme/bundles/
    and
    /private/var/stash/Themes/G.O.C. PRO.theme/Bundles/

respectively, and deleting the FSO_x_Airport(0-3) files. I deleted the files (in both folders), but that darn peacock remains...

4) Similarly, I would like to revert the status bar's 3G icon back to its original font/icon. A similar fix was posted on this thread, saying to SSH to the same /com.apple.springboard folder as above, and to delete the FSO_UMTS_ON.png and Default_UMTS_ON.png files. I did so, to no effect on the icon. Is there a new location in iOS4 for these icons?

5) And again, like so many other users, I would like to revert the status bar's Battery % text back to its original font/icon because it is easier to read. Again, the fix was posted on this thread, saying to SSH to the same /com.apple.springboard folder as above, and to delete the following files:

Default_Percent_X.png(0-9)
    Default_Percent_%2525.png
    Default_PercentLow_X.png(0-9)
    Default_PercentLow_%2525.png
    FSO_Percent_X.png(0-9)
    FSO_Percent_%2525.png

Again there was no effect on the font.

I have also tried to de-select ALL of the winterboard themes (except the main G.O.C. PRO theme) while making the adjustments above, but it did not help. Note that when opening some 3rd party apps, such as "iFile", the status bar reverts to its original Apple default.

I suspect that there may be a new location for all of these files in iOS4? Any advice would be appreciated..

6) Just a confirmation: The G.O.C. LiveClock issue has not yet been resolved, because there has been no update for LiveClock app compatible with iOS4. (it continues to crash my springboard). Is that correct?

7) Now that Cydia has aquired RYI, and all of the licenses have now been transferred to Cydia, can the Rock.app be deleted from my phone?

8) Is PogoPlank stable on iOS4 yet? Interesting layout, I thought I might try it.

Thanks again in advance for all the awesome help and advice!
    Thank You for the compliments...I know Toy is very satisfied when he reads such great words!

1) To make changes to the widget you need to go to: /private/var/stash/Themes/G.O.C. PRO_Weather+Date.theme and open the Widget.html Im this file is all the code that makes things work. By finding the area that activates the city or temp or widget and putting two // in front of the code line will prevent it from activating the function. All of the things you want to turn off can be done so there.

2) CategoriesSB is a personal choice. I use it, love it and always recommend it as it is quick access to control features of the iPhone. It is also a quick tool for me as a beta to respring. I have never used the other one you mention so can not advise. It is your choice

3) NEVER DELETE a file or image...Rename it. Just put a 1 or whatever you are comfortable with in front of the original name. Once you rename those .png's you will need to use the clear icon catch as stated in the instructions on Post 1. You may need to Uncheck SummerBoard, Respring and then reactivate it and respring again. OR you may need to do a complete hard reset (not respring) of the iPhone. Either way, you still need to clear the catch that stores images from the bundles.

4) See number 3

5) See number 3

6) To my knowledge, it is still broke for iPhone 4. Dont use it so not sure.

7) Yes ROCK and be deleted, it was shut down yesterday and is not functional. All of your licenses have been transfered but you will have to uninstall your ROCK installed themes and Reinstall from the Cydia version.

8) Again, can not answer this question as I do not use Pogoplank and never have.

Hope this gets you on the right track...Good Luck

Pressing the "THANKS" Button lets us know we are helping you!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

Insiteful (2010-09-21), toyvan (2010-09-22)

how do i change different wallpaper?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

toyvan (2010-09-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    1) To make changes to the widget you need to go to: /private/var/stash/Themes/G.O.C. PRO_Weather+Date.theme and open the Widget.html Im this file is all the code that makes things work. By finding the area that activates the city or temp or widget and putting two // in front of the code line will prevent it from activating the function. All of the things you want to turn off can be done so there.

3) NEVER DELETE a file or image...Rename it. Just put a 1 or whatever you are comfortable with in front of the original name. Once you rename those .png's you will need to use the clear icon catch as stated in the instructions on Post 1. You may need to Uncheck SummerBoard, Respring and then reactivate it and respring again. OR you may need to do a complete hard reset (not respring) of the iPhone. Either way, you still need to clear the catch that stores images from the bundles.

4) See number 3

5) See number 3
    Thanks for your reply, [email protected] re: #1, I think I found a good solution: I re-configured the Weather/Date Widget, made it fit into a smaller area in the upper-right area of the springboard. Still retained the changing sun-icon and temp. Screenshots of both 4-column and 5-column configurations below.

re: #3-5, I resprung, shut off summerboard, re-booted, cleared the icon cache, rebooted again, restarted summerboard and rebooted again. Still got the darn peacock. The renamed files don't actually need to be present in the folder, right? (since I already deleted them, it seems unlikely that they would have any effect.) As I mentioned, my suspicion is that these files (that need to be deleted) have now been relocated in ios4... Let me know if you come up with any other ideas or solutions. Perhaps ToyVan has some insight? Thanks again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -small-wd-widget-5-col.-springboard.png   -small-wd-widget-4-col.-springboard.png  

Quote Originally Posted by toyvan View Post
    As I clearly explained in my first post, the 'User Wallpaper' option does NOT work on devices running iOS4!! This is not my fault..winterboard needs to be fixed!

If you would like to replace the theme wallpaper then you have to SSH into your device and manually replace the Wallpaper.png.

SSH into your device and navigate to: private/var/stash/Themes/G.O.C. PRO.theme - and replace the Wallpaper.png with one of your own...

i follow your instruction and replace my own wallpaper, but i only can change springboard wallpaper not the lockscreen back ground. Also, after replace my own wallpaper SB, G.O.C. Pro weather+Date not working anymore. Help pls!!! thx

Quote Originally Posted by Insiteful View Post
    Thanks for your reply, [email protected] re: #1, I think I found a good solution: I re-configured the Weather/Date Widget, made it fit into a smaller area in the upper-right area of the springboard. Still retained the changing sun-icon and temp. Screenshots of both 4-column and 5-column configurations below.

re: #3-5, I resprung, shut off summerboard, re-booted, cleared the icon cache, rebooted again, restarted summerboard and rebooted again. Still got the darn peacock. The renamed files don't actually need to be present in the folder, right? (since I already deleted them, it seems unlikely that they would have any effect.) As I mentioned, my suspicion is that these files (that need to be deleted) have now been relocated in ios4... Let me know if you come up with any other ideas or solutions. Perhaps ToyVan has some insight? Thanks again.
    It seems like you know your way around on how to SSH etc., so I'll spare unnecessary details. I am also assuming your device is running iOS4 firmware since you weren't successful on removing some files. The files for the wifi bars and battery % are also located in the UIImages folder(for iOS4 devices). They are named the same with the exception of the words black & silver at the beginning...hope this helps!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to toyvan For This Useful Post:

Insiteful (2010-09-23)

any experts out there can help me with this issues?
    how do you change the dock? i want to a little bit lighter,
    as you can see the blue phone icon (see pix 1), how can you change to different colors? i would like to use as gray scale.

see pix 2: even i selected No Undocked Label and No Docked Label, but the label still shown at the dock (bottom of pix 1 above).....how to fix it?

thanks in advance

Maybe someone here can help me. I paid for this theme, twice because you can't read the order screen on Cydia. I even ordered it through Rock and I have the receipt. I have been looking at the Payment Pending screen on my phone for 3 days now. I checked Amazon and Paypal and the payments cleared. There is no customer assistance in Cydia that I can find. I tried contacting poetic_folly on the theme download page on the phone, no response. I have tried asking the question elsewhere on this site with no response. Could someone here please help me get this theme for my phone so I can move on to other things? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thienduong View Post
    any experts out there can help me with this issues?
    how do you change the dock? i want to a little bit lighter,
    as you can see the blue phone icon (see pix 1), how can you change to different colors? i would like to use as gray scale.

see pix 2: even i selected No Undocked Label and No Docked Label, but the label still shown at the dock (bottom of pix 1 above).....how to fix it?

thanks in advance
    There are other dock options available in Cydia for free. Look for Glass Orb Extras, Also Glass Orb Color has assorted docks. You can then ssh in and remove all the other files you do not need and just keep the docks. The other option is to request a different version of the icon in the Glass Orb Color Thread.

Hope that gets you fixed up...Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by cwohayes View Post
    Maybe someone here can help me. I paid for this theme, twice because you can't read the order screen on Cydia. I even ordered it through Rock and I have the receipt. I have been looking at the Payment Pending screen on my phone for 3 days now. I checked Amazon and Paypal and the payments cleared. There is no customer assistance in Cydia that I can find. I tried contacting poetic_folly on the theme download page on the phone, no response. I have tried asking the question elsewhere on this site with no response. Could someone here please help me get this theme for my phone so I can move on to other things? Thanks
    Need to insure that you have the Source: http://apt.modmyi.com/
    Once that source is loaded in Cydia, reload it and then search for G.O.C. PRO it should show and when you select it, you should see a light green bar in that says "Package Officially Purchased" with a green check mark. If this does not happen, PM a copy of your Receipt to ToyVan and he will get you squared away.

Good Luck and Enjoy your new purchase
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2010-09-23 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

13. The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

cwohayes (2010-09-26)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Hunchkey's Avatar
    Thanks

How do I change the type of font for the icon labels?? I tried font swap for the system font and nothing happened...Any ideas???

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchkey View Post
    How do I change the type of font for the icon labels?? I tried font swap for the system font and nothing happened...Any ideas???
    Please go to the G.O.C. HD thread, scroll down to FAQ in Post 1 and the link will take you to step by step instructions.

Good Luck

16. The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

Hunchkey (2010-09-23)

Hey,

Ive been searching through this post and cant find the info im looking for, so ill ask and also apologize if its been said a thosand times before.

How do you make the weather & Calendar icons invisible to place over the weather&date widgets like in the G.O.C HD theme (i have a iphone 4 using the HD theme, and a 3GS with G.O.C Pro). In the HD theme you made it easy by automatically making the weather & calendar icons invisible when weather&date theme was selected.

Please could you update this theme to do the same, or just give me instructions on how to do it myself.

Many Thanks in advance.

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Tezz001 View Post
    Hey,

Ive been searching through this post and cant find the info im looking for, so ill ask and also apologize if its been said a thosand times before.

How do you make the weather & Calendar icons invisible to place over the weather&date widgets like in the G.O.C HD theme (i have a iphone 4 using the HD theme, and a 3GS with G.O.C Pro). In the HD theme you made it easy by automatically making the weather & calendar icons invisible when weather&date theme was selected.

Please could you update this theme to do the same, or just give me instructions on how to do it myself.

Many Thanks in advance.

Terry
    The instructions for making transparent icons in the FAQ of the HD theme located at the bottom of Post 1. I do not know if this will work for the 3GS but you can try.

Please understand that some things that are available in one theme will not be available in another. This is what makes them unique.

Many users have learned or learn how to mix and match by trial and error and learning how to adapt code to other themes. We can not do it all as Toy has 4 different themes right now and he works on other things. I only help with the Orb themes so he has to work the others himself.

I know this is not the answer you are seeking but at this time, it is the best I can offer...Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    The instructions for making transparent icons in the FAQ of the HD theme located at the bottom of Post 1. I do not know if this will work for the 3GS but you can try.

Please understand that some things that are available in one theme will not be available in another. This is what makes them unique.

Many users have learned or learn how to mix and match by trial and error and learning how to adapt code to other themes. We can not do it all as Toy has 4 different themes right now and he works on other things. I only help with the Orb themes so he has to work the others himself.

I know this is not the answer you are seeking but at this time, it is the best I can offer...Good Luck
    Hey thanks for trying to help :-)

its ok i can live without the weather & calendar apps not being transparent.

Thanks again, just thought id let you know i achieved what i wanted, just by replacing icons within the weather&date theme and in the G.O.C pro theme.

Cheers
    Last edited by Tezz001; 2010-09-23 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Tezz001 View Post
    Hey thanks for trying to help :-)

its ok i can live without the weather & calendar apps not being transparent.

Thanks again, just thought id let you know i achieved what i wanted, just by replacing icons within the weather&date theme and in the G.O.C pro theme.

Cheers

glad u got it all sorted out
    -

Default Battary Charging orb
    Meant to post in the GOC HD thread sorry
    Last edited by Nirok; 2010-09-24 at 03:48 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toyvan View Post
    It seems like you know your way around on how to SSH etc., so I'll spare unnecessary details. I am also assuming your device is running iOS4 firmware since you weren't successful on removing some files. The files for the wifi bars and battery % are also located in the UIImages folder(for iOS4 devices). They are named the same with the exception of the words black & silver at the beginning...hope this helps!
    Thanks, ToyVan! You were right, I found the iOS4 fonts that needed to be disabled inside folder:
    /private/var/stash/Themes/G.O.C. PRO.Theme/UIImages

Thanks for your help on that. By the way, I've been playing with the configuration of the Weather+Date widget (see below), and trying to figure out why my weather+date widget icon always seems to stay partly cloudy, even though the actual weather in my area has been Sunny (a few people have commented about a similar issue in this forum.) After checking the weather.yahoo.com/ website, I see that Yahoo Weather uses the key word "Fair" to describe a mostly sunny day... After looking inside the yahooWeather.js file (located in the /Sources folder), I saw that the default icon that the Weather+Date widget uses for "Fair" is called "couldy3.png", which is a sun with a clouds in front of it. I was able to change the code inside the yahooWeather.js file to point to the "sunny.png" icon when the weather is "fair". 'Hope that makes sense, and hopefully it will now display more accurately for my area. (time will tell)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -4-column-small-widget.png  

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Insiteful For This Useful Post:

toyvan (2010-09-25)

Hey there. I want to change the date+weather widget... But just the time. I don't like am or pm so i want 24 hour time. I already config so the time is displayed in 24 hour but there's still am an pm... How can i fix it that there is just the time??

Also i want to know how i can change the wifi signal bars. I want to use the iphone stock bars.

Thx for reply

Quote Originally Posted by Milkman1982 View Post
    Hey there. I want to change the date+weather widget... But just the time. I don't like am or pm so i want 24 hour time. I already config so the time is displayed in 24 hour but there's still am an pm... How can i fix it that there is just the time??

Also i want to know how i can change the wifi signal bars. I want to use the iphone stock bars.

Thx for reply
    Please refer to the FAQ in the bottom of post 1 of this THREAD to fix the AM/PM

If you do a thread search in this thread or the link I gave you, both have the file names and location of the png's that you can remove. I do not have PRO anymore so can not give you a path.

Good Luck

Thanks

Default Make individual icon label transparent?
    Hi,
    I am trying to make one of my "home screen" apps "hidden", by changing its icon to a transparent, blank icon. But, the app label still shows up.... Does anyone know if it is possible to make an individual icon label transparent thru SSH? I know that the G.O.C. Pro theme has the option to make ALL of the undocked icon labels transparent, but is there any way to make just one particular icon label transparent?

Or, is there a way to assign one of the "blank" icons created by iBlank to a particular app? Thanks for any thoughts.

Page 86 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast