Page 76 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 2090

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: **G.O.C. PRO** theme by ToyVan

Quote Originally Posted by Rexrw View Post
    MM-I turned off the GOC sounds in Winterboard ANSI have the default phone sounds back
    I don't have a "sounds" option for GOC in Winterboard.

Here's what I have listed in WB (all entries begin with "G.O.C."):

• WeatherIcon
    • Slider4
    • Slider3
    • Slider2
    • Slider1
    • Pro_DateWidget
    • Pro_Carrier_Replacement (what does this one do anyway? I dont' see an affect.)
    • Pro
    • LiveClock
    • Dock2
    • Dock1

Quote Originally Posted by MinimusMaximus View Post
    • Pro_Carrier_Replacement (what does this one do anyway? I dont' see an affect.)
    That replaces the AT&T logo on the left side of the status bar with a logo that says G.O.C.Pro, doesn't do anything if your using the "MakeItMine" app, or have replaced it already.

Have a Question of my own: Wallpaper... yea I know, a horse thats been beaten to a bloody pulp.

Ive looked through the thread numerous times today trying to get my own wallpaper to work with GOC. Ive gone into the /private/var/stash/Themes.0cVo2F/G.O.C.PRO.theme folder and tried a few things:
    1. I replaced the Wallpaper.png with my own - No change (still shows the default image after rebooting)
    2. Deleted the Wallpaper.png without replacing - Springboard crashes after reboot.
    3. Placed custom Wallpaper.png in folder after springboard crash and still it shows the default image that came with GOC.

I have a sneaking suspicion its something simple that Im missing but yea its just making my head hurt now.

On a side note, I replaced the LockBackground.png and resprung and it changes but the wallpaper is still unaffected.

OK N/m I saw posts mentioning how this didn't work with date+weather, but didn't realize this doesn't work with just the date widget as well, my misunderstanding. With that said, is there a way at all with the date widget or is it just fubar.
    Last edited by Harlow; 2010-08-20 at 01:26 AM.

MM- what device are you using?

"Mystery dots" on the homescreen weather icon. They showed up after g.o.c. Pro 3.2 update. How to fix? Thanx, and kudos on the fierce theme!
    Last edited by Maleficent66; 2010-08-20 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Well I figured out how to change all the wallpapers and the lockscreen background. So now I Want to see if its possible to completely replace the charge screen with an image, mainly I changed the wallpaper on the lockscreen and would like it to look the same even when the phone is charging. Ive looked through the files but haven't found a way to yet. No offense to your Theme, I love it, just hate how the background changes when charging period.

i noticed a goc update was available. i updated and it screwed everything up.Mostly just the weather which i fixed through ifile, So what was updated besides the obvious tweaks ie. lock, bars, wifi...

**edit**
    never mind. i just read it
    Last edited by a.t.; 2010-08-20 at 11:31 AM.

MM- what device are you using?
    First Gen iPhone 8GB running 3.1.3

EDIT. I just deleted the sounds folder and got the default iPhone sounds back. That answers that questions.

Now what about not having the option to Answer or Decline an incoming phone call from the Slide to Unlock screen (original question got buried a few posts back on the previous page).
    Last edited by MinimusMaximus; 2010-08-20 at 03:12 PM.

MM-I haven't had any issue with being able to answer or decline a call from the lockscreen, so don't know what to yell you. Has anyone else had that issue and can help him out ?

Harlow-I was thinking the same thing in regards to the charge screen, I would like to change it. Did you find a way? What about changing the theme for the dialer pad? Have you messed with that? Is there a PNG file for the dialer that can be changed within ifile or via SSH?
    Last edited by Rexrw; 2010-08-20 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The charge screen my not work, least not how I want it to, I found the pngs for he battery symbol in the theme and replaced the files with a wallpaper. All it did was display a square portion about the same size as the original battery image and the rest of the screen stays black.

So you replaced the battery theme with a wallpaper picture png?

@toyvan HOW To change the time zone and put France in datewidget.js for 24H? AM/PM

I use a iP4 but i've modified your theme for adaptation

Last edited by [email protected]; 2010-08-20 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks TV. You just made it as simple as it can be. I guess I wasn't deleting the original png before I tried to put my own in and rename it. Can this be done thru ifile? Or is it best to SSH I and do it?

TV-did the upgrade you rolled out today cause the city to go back to a default in the widget+date app? Mine now shows NY and I had it set to PHX before the update.
    it's best to SSH into your device when changing the wallpaper..I ALWAYS warn to keep backups of any custom changes u make to my theme..that includes changing wallpapers, tweaking the HTML weather code, etc! Updates will always overwrite all the changes you've made - I wish there was a better way around this, but unfortunately for now there isn't

Quote Originally Posted by MinimusMaximus View Post
    Also, second question.
    I'm using the GOC Slider 4 theme but when i'm at the Slide to Unlock screen and my phone rings there's no option to Answer or Decline. If I dont' want to answer I'm forced to either let it ring till voicemail picks up or I have to slide to answer.
    If the phone happens to be sitting at the home screen then I get an option to answer or decline like normal.

Other than that, this theme is really cool and I really appreciate all the hard work that went into the design. I just want to dial it in to my liking just a little bit.

Thanks!

8gb 2G 3.1.3
    by default that is the way the iPhone is designed. If u were to disable my theme u would have the exact same options, or lack of options, for answering and ignoring phone calls - I just overwrite the stock images to work with my theme..I don't know much about programming

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficent66 View Post
    "Mystery dots" on the homescreen weather icon. They showed up after g.o.c. Pro 3.2 update. How to fix? Thanx, and kudos on the fierce theme!

please post a screenshot...first report of "mystery dots" - sounds exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by Harlow View Post
    Well I figured out how to change all the wallpapers and the lockscreen background. So now I Want to see if its possible to completely replace the charge screen with an image, mainly I changed the wallpaper on the lockscreen and would like it to look the same even when the phone is charging. Ive looked through the files but haven't found a way to yet. No offense to your Theme, I love it, just hate how the background changes when charging period.
    to put it simply, no...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to toyvan For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (2010-12-10)

So you replaced the battery theme with a wallpaper picture png?
    I just replaced the water in the orb images with a wallpaper I wanted, I didn't take a SS of it so I cant show you but it looked like a bag of smashes arse holes anyway. I tried to do it again today to take a SS of it and the whole theme died, i had to uninstall and reinstall it so I don't recommend it.

Im going to poke around the net for a while and see if there's a possible way through the coding to completely disable the charge screen from coming up in the first place.

TV: thanks for the reply, after my little experiment i figured i couldn't do it sense the only images to be changed are the battery images themselves and not the black background. still interested in changing all this as I replied to Rexrw, we'll see.

Hi Toyvan, I´ve bought GOC PRO, and I´m having problems with icons... alread ssh into folder /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.IconsCache and reboot made this process several times the error persists...

Follow:

What can i do to fix it????
    Thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone holl0wm1nd's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FRDurso View Post
    Hi Toyvan, I´ve bought GOC PRO, and I´m having problems with icons... alread ssh into folder /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.IconsCache and reboot made this process several times the error persists...

Follow:

What can i do to fix it????
    Thanks!
    Hi FRDurso! Seems like you're Brazilian just like me.
    Stock icons don't normally change if they're not in English. I saw last version has some German icons, but we (for PT-BR) need to change their names.
    This is quite simple to solve. Simply SSH into var/stash/Themes.xxxx/G.O.C. PRO.theme/Icons and rename each icon as they appear in you springboard, e.g., Clock.png will become Relógio.png. You just need to do it for the stock icons (clock, weather, calendar, etc...)
    After that, just respring your device and be happy

P.S The Themes folder has a unique code for each device, that's why I've mentioned ".xxxx"

Hope it's clear.
    Last edited by holl0wm1nd; 2010-08-20 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Adding info
    Please hit the Thanks button if you think this was helpful or if it maybe raised a smile!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to holl0wm1nd For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (2010-12-10), toyvan (2010-08-21)

Quote Originally Posted by toyvan View Post

icons attached below...
    Thanks for the quick turn-around on those.

Quote Originally Posted by holl0wm1nd View Post
    Hi FRDurso! Seems like you're Brazilian just like me.
    Stock icons don't normally change if they're not in English. I saw last version has some German icons, but we (for PT-BR) need to change their names.
    This is quite simple to solve. Simply SSH into var/stash/Themes.xxxx/G.O.C. PRO.theme/Icons and rename each icon as they appear in you springboard, e.g., Clock.png will become Relógio.png. You just need to do it for the stock icons (clock, weather, calendar, etc...)
    After that, just respring your device and be happy

P.S The Themes folder has a unique code for each device, that's why I've mentioned ".xxxx"

Hope it's clear.
    Thanks holl0wm1nd I´m Brazilian too, but lets keep the conversation in English because others can use this if they need, it worked perfectly... The only problem is the special characters like "á" of Calendário... how did you managed that? I´m sshing with putty....

Thankyou again!

iPhone? More like MyPhone holl0wm1nd's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FRDurso View Post
    Thanks holl0wm1nd I´m Brazilian too, but lets keep the conversation in English because others can use this if they need, it worked perfectly... The only problem is the special characters like "á" of Calendário... how did you managed that? I´m sshing with putty....

Thankyou again!
    Of course, dude!
    Well, I suppose you're on "Windblows"... There are some alternatives to Putty such as: WinSCP, iPhoneBrowser, iSpirit and i-FunBox. Google's your friend to find'em (quite easy BTW). Some of them don't allow editing in the screen, so you just save the file in your desktop, make the changes and replace it on your phone.

If you're on a Mac, you can use Cyberduck.

Thanks to report.
    Last edited by holl0wm1nd; 2010-08-21 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by holl0wm1nd View Post
    Of course, dude!
    Well, I suppose you're on "Windblows"... There are some alternatives to Putty such as: WinSCP, iPhoneBrowser, iSpirit and i-FunBox. Google's your friend to find'em (quite easy BTW). Some of them don't allow editing in the screen, so you just save the file in your desktop, make the changes and replace it on your phone.

If you're on a Mac, you can use Cyberduck.

Thanks to report.
    Well tried with winscp, using iSSH on iPhone itself and ssh from Ubuntu... the iPhone system just don´t accept the characters, so I chenged the language from portugues to English... now it´s 100% thanks!

I think I may have found a problem with the Weather/Date widget in this theme. Since I've loaded the theme 3 days ago I've noticed a huge surge in 3G Data usage. My billing cycle just started a few days ago and already I have used up my allotted 200MB plus another 200MB overage that ATT provided. Unfortunately I didn't have any idea of this until today. When I am not using wifi, I don't use my phone for anything other than emails, and phone calls, and some text messaging. Anyhow, while trying to figure out today what was causing the issue, I noticed that when I disabled wifi, all themes, location services, notifications and only enabled the weather/date widget I used a huge amount of data. Within a 30 min period I had sent 32MB and received 7MB. After disabling this widget I didn't have any problems. I tried it again to weed out any flukes and had the same problem again. Does anyone have any ideas what is going on? The xml request/response that is generated by the weather parser should in no way cause this amount of traffic.

Page 76 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast