Page 72 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 2090

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: **G.O.C. PRO** theme by ToyVan

I am going to write my experiences for any other noobs.
    I have 3GS and had many issues. All of which it turned out were simple.

The main thing with 3GS for those not having all icons orbed is to turn on summerboard in winterboard. This fixed my dock issue and indeed my orbing of icons issue.
    For winterboard theme I ended up doing one GOC item at a time. Not sure this achieved anything other than a greater understanding for future as to how it works

I downloaded ifunbox I think it's called look back throu thread I and Tristan mention it. It is free and I have managed to do nearly everything using it that I could via ssh. It does mean copying some configuration files to pc editing with notepad then putting back but no more difficult than that.
    Finally [email protected] is a great help but is one man. Thanks for all your support guys

2. The Following User Says Thank You to magpie2000k For This Useful Post:

toyvan (2010-08-12)

Quote Originally Posted by a.t. View Post
    That actually looks way better IMO. So how exactly did you change the background in ifile?
    Justed navigated to the camera roll folder and copied the pic, backed out and went into the goc pro theme and pasted it in there and renamed it Wallpaper.png

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Geeteedan View Post
    Hmmm weird issue with wallpaper now
    it's zooming/blowing the picture up and i get this. What's going on?

Thanks
    Dan
    I can't be of any help as far as answering your question is concerned. But i would like to offer my opinion on something else. The pic looks way better with the zoomed in shot.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyJ31 View Post
    Is there a way to replace the carrier name AT&T with my own? Also, what's the directory for changing fonts/colors?
    ToyVan helped me out with a variation of this same question earlier in this thread... your answer is to download an app called
    "Make It Mine". It's in Cydia or Rock, maybe both.
    Once you open the app, tap in the blank field so that you enter text via your keyboard, click done (bottom right side of your keyboard. In the top left hand corner of your screen you'll see "carrier". Click on that tab. Your carrier will be changed. Alternately, you can do the same for "banner", which is located at the top right hand side of your screen.
    Last edited by TheTattooKid; 2010-08-12 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheTattooKid For This Useful Post:

DannyJ31 (2010-08-13), toyvan (2010-08-12)

Hmmm weird issue with wallpaper now

I used iFile to move it over to the pro theme folder and renamed it Wallpaper.png and deleted the original one I was using, but it's zooming/blowing the picture up and i get this. What's going on?

Thanks
    Dan
    I've experienced the same thing and was pulling my hair out about why it was doing this until I realized something. This theme is NOT designed to work exclusively on the iPhone 4. The earlier versions of the iPhone have a much lower resolution screen. I am assuming that TV has designed the theme to account for the lowest common denominator which would be the low-res screen of the earlier versions. Therefore, when you feed it a high-res image, it only uses the top left quarter of the high-res image rather than resizing it. I'm pretty sure that for the iPhone 4, you will have to use standard iPhone background images UNTIL he releases the HD version of the theme. The HD version of the theme should support full high-res images as wallpapers.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LanMan66 For This Useful Post:

toyvan (2010-08-12)

Thanks

is there different dock icon pack

Quote Originally Posted by mastaryan View Post
    I can disable via winterboard the G.O.C. Weather Date widget and my phone works fine. Then when I enable it every 30 minutes (that's what I set the weather to update at) the phone reboots and then displays a message on how to arrange my icons and has the temperature loading...

I changed the refresh back to 60 minutes and it did it again. Anyone having this issue? Like I said, my phone doesn't do this when I have the WeatherDate widget disabled. Thanks

iPhone 4 with 4.0.1
    I haven't been able to duplicate the problem you're having. Has it ever been working properly? or did u notice the problem after a recent update or install of an app?

Quote Originally Posted by richhee View Post
    is there different dock icon pack
    if u go to my first post you'll find a link to the online database..there is a folder with a few optional dock icons in it

Ok I still can't see the icon cache folder in ssh, maybe I'm being extremely dim but does the iPhone 4 root have iconcache folder? Maybe it's called something different in 4.0 firmware and above.

Quite a bit of the theme is being displayed , home screen ect, but the likes of calculator, phone keypad is still the same old boring apple default, I'm guessing it's because I haven't deleted (can't find it) the icon cache folder contents in ssh.

Has to be said that what I can see of the overall theme is beautifully done

Edit my screenshot of the cache directory in ssh can be found at post 1417 , sorry I'm on a iPad and it won't copy the direct link from photo bucket
    Last edited by Sunwrestler; 2010-08-12 at 08:24 PM.

Exclamation Question: empty folders?
    I love the theme and got it mostly working on the iphone 4 but I have one issue i am trying to fix. I use apple folders to put apps in because i have more than the amount apple will allow in the limited pages. however when i open folders that are full as the amount of apps per folder is also limited they open but are blank. i can still open apps in these folders via spotlight but was wondering if you may have an idea as to why this is happening and better yet a fix.

Thank you
    -david

Hello Toyvan

First of all thank you for your theme because I love it
    But I have a problem I can't change the phone menu, the calculator menu, and the weather menu like you. I changed icons but when I go into phone or calculator or weather i have the same menu as before...

Sorry for my english i am french ^^ thanks for your help

Nota : I have a iPhone 4 iOS 4.0.1 with G.O.C Pro 3.1

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trist@n's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davidcarswell View Post
    I love the theme and got it mostly working on the iphone 4 but I have one issue i am trying to fix. I use apple folders to put apps in because i have more than the amount apple will allow in the limited pages. however when i open folders that are full as the amount of apps per folder is also limited they open but are blank. i can still open apps in these folders via spotlight but was wondering if you may have an idea as to why this is happening and better yet a fix.

Thank you
    -david
    David, I am not understanding your problem. Are you referring to Apple Folders or CategoriesSB??? Apple Folders are limited to 12 apps only. CategoriesSB are unlimited.

Quote Originally Posted by Begginz View Post
    Hello Toyvan

First of all thank you for your theme because I love it
    But I have a problem I can't change the phone menu, the calculator menu, and the weather menu like you. I changed icons but when I go into phone or calculator or weather i have the same menu as before...

Nota : I have a iPhone 4 iOS 4.0.1 with G.O.C Pro 3.1
    Begginz...welcome to the thread. You do not have any problems. Those three areas have not been updated to work with iSO 4 and iPhone4 yet. We fixed all of the instant visual stuff so that everyone can have a pleasing appearing screen. We are now working on G.O.C. PRO HD and let me tell you all...it is amazing!!! Please do not fret about those three areas for now as the theme will be upgraded and look far far superior to what it does now.

Hope that helps and answers your question!
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2010-08-12 at 11:44 PM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

KC2QXM (2010-08-15), toyvan (2010-08-14)

The problem is occurring with apple folders. Not categories.

Thanks

The problem is occurring with apple folders. Not categories.
    Ok...we are gonna get there. The following I do not understand what you are trying to say.

"however when i open folders that are full as the amount of apps per folder is also limited they open but are blank."

My folders are full and when I click on them, they open up another panel to show 12 apps. If you could clarify your sentence, then I should be able to help you out.

Standing By...

Ok. All folders except the folders that are full (meaning I can't add any more apps to them) open. Those full folders cause me to see the desktop screen or wallpaper but no apps. When the other folders open the unfull folders I can see a pattern behind them which is normal. The pattern doesn't even appear in these folders that are malfunctioning. I am mobile right now. I will try to take a screen cap when I get to a computer later to post for you if that will help.

Thanks

Ok. All folders except the folders that are full (meaning I can't add any more apps to them) open. Those full folders cause me to see the desktop screen or wallpaper but no apps. When the other folders open the unfull folders I can see a pattern behind them which is normal. The pattern doesn't even appear in these folders that are malfunctioning. I am mobile right now. I will try to take a screen cap when I get to a computer later to post for you if that will help.
    Please post a screen shot of the problem and also a screenshot of winterboard so I can see your alignment. Please make sure that you have summerboard selected in winterboard and respring.

I apologize but my feeble mind is just not seeing what you are clearly trying to describe to me. I must have pictures
    Thank You for your Patience

Now that I have a clock on the homescreen, how can I change the default clock at the top status bar to read something else?

Ok. I'll post soon in next couple hours
    Thanks for your patience and help.

Ah ok I didn't know there was an update ^^ Ok well I'll then wait and hope the update will be the same quality, but I don't doubt your skills

And you've planned a date for its release or not ???

Okay here are the screenshots. in order
    1 is the page used. no folder open
    2 is the the games folder opened bottom row second icon
    3 is the full folder opened 2nd row last icon (see it is empty it should list my apps in that folder)
    4 is the screenie of winterboard to show summerboard on
    5 is list of winterboard activated addons. all activated appear in screenie. all below the aol... are not activated
    hope this helps
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo.png   -photo-1.png   -photo-2.png   -photo-3.png   -photo-4.png  

Thanks

Okay here are the screenshots. in order
    1 is the page used. no folder open
    2 is the the games folder opened bottom row second icon
    3 is the full folder opened 2nd row last icon (see it is empty it should list my apps in that folder)
    4 is the screenie of winterboard to show summerboard on
    5 is list of winterboard activated addons. all activated appear in screenie. all below the aol... are not activated
    hope this helps
    Turn "User Wallpaper" off...it does not work. Respring and see if that fixes it. The only other thing I can think off is to uninstall PRO completely using Cydia and then go back into ROCK and reinstall. You may have got a bad download/install. It should not do what you are showing me.

Standing By...

Quote Originally Posted by Begginz View Post
    Ah ok I didn't know there was an update ^^ Ok well I'll then wait and hope the update will be the same quality, but I don't doubt your skills

And you've planned a date for its release or not ???
    NO release date yet as we want it ALL complete and the quality will far far exceed what you have now. There is not even a close comparison!!!
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2010-08-13 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Now that I have a clock on the homescreen, how can I change the default clock at the top status bar to read something else?
    Yes....with the MakeItMine app. Just type in what you want it to say and hit "banner" in the top right hand corner and Viola!

(Thanks to TheWingChunKid)

Page 72 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast