Page 71 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 2090

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: **G.O.C. PRO** theme by ToyVan

  1. #1401
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Anywhere Under The Heavens
    Posts
    628
    Thanks
    220
    Thanked 177 Times in 140 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by toyvan View Post
    return your device to the nearest apple store...you clearly have a faulty device!
    I installed another theme from a different themer just to test things out. The defect is still there. So, it's not your theme.
    Now my thing is this (advice from everyone please. I need to be sure of what i'm doing when i go down there)...

    1. Since i jailbroke my phone will they still exchange it for another phone? Should I explain the issue for what it is and hope they give me another one or do i have to travel the road of deceit and feed them a pack of lies and half truths?
    2. Should i reverse the jailbreak then take it down there? I'm sure they can tell it was jailbroken anyways. Does anyone anticipate a problem with that? I know it's legal to jailbreak now but they may try to put me thru the ringer. And being that jailbreaking is legal doesn't that void their warranty on the basis that their warranty isn't a valid legal document anymore?
    3. One last thing, which is a separate issue and some what off the thread topic. Should i being syncing my phone with itunes? If not, how do i do the whole syncing process? Last time i sync to itunes all apps from Cydia or Rock were deleted from the screen. I had to go into Poof, turn on all apps (some were off), power off/power on, then turn off the apps i didn't want visible and respring. The set up on my screens and apps in my dock was screwed up. This actually happened twice. I had to post up screenies yesterday (phone auto syncs when connected to computer), got distracted and turned off the sync while it was in process. It screwed my stuff up again.

    Can anyone offer advice? BTW, i'm still rocking this theme. It's tighter than a virgins nookie. Everybody that sees it is envious. Then i have to explain the black box!

    This just occurred to me. If i "unjailbreak" (hehehe) then jailbreak again that may fix the problem. But how do I "unjailbreak"?
    Last edited by TheTattooKid; 2010-08-11 at 01:55 PM.

  2. #1402
    iPhone? More like MyPhone holl0wm1nd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    122
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 32 Times in 27 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWingChunKid View Post
    If i "unjailbreak" (hehehe) then jailbreak again that may fix the problem. But how do I "unjailbreak"?
    To "unjailbreak" you need to restore your device.
    Please hit the Thanks button if you think this was helpful or if it maybe raised a smile!

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to holl0wm1nd For This Useful Post:

    TheTattooKid (2010-08-11)

  4. #1403
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Anywhere Under The Heavens
    Posts
    628
    Thanks
    220
    Thanked 177 Times in 140 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by holl0wm1nd View Post
    To "unjailbreak" you need to restore your device.
    I should have been a little more clear. Is it possible to restore from the phone?
    OK...this what i want to do.
    1. Do back up. But what's the best way? I need to save and rescue my apps (got too many to send to app hell) Itunes won't save apps from Rock or Cydia, will it?
    2. Restore, jailbreak, problem solved =
    3. Restore, jailbreak, problem persists =

    This also occurred to me. Since this is basically a software issue, there should be no problem exchanging the phone, right? I spoke to Apple before about AppleCare when i first got the phone, and they said AppleCare doesn't cover hardware damage.

    I'm gonna jump into another thread with my concerns and queries since all this doesn't pertain to your theme.

    Just know i'm still rockin it.

    And good looking out with the help. That's a shout out to everybody!

    I'll hit this thread up again wheeennnnnnnnnnnn

    I fix my phone or get another one.

    and HD for this theme hitz the scene
    Last edited by TheTattooKid; 2010-08-11 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  5. #1404
    Livin the iPhone Life Dalvar3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    San Jose, Costa Rica
    Posts
    1,394
    Thanks
    537
    Thanked 943 Times in 415 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by toyvan View Post
    here's your icons..u can manually add them via ssh or wait until I release the next update. SwirlyMMS2 has always given ppl trouble because of the 2 in the upper right corner..not sure how to name this - I don't have that app, so no way for me to test right now..
    Funny how the superscript 2 in SwirlyMMS icon gives trouble. No problem, I'll wait for next release to incorporate those icons. Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by Dalvar3; 2010-08-11 at 04:04 PM.

  6. #1405
    iPhone? More like MyPhone holl0wm1nd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    122
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 32 Times in 27 Posts

    TV et al,

    I sometimes help people out here, but now I'm the one in need of help.
    Weather widget works fine, but why is it displaying my date in german? Today, wednesday, it should be displaying something like "WED, AUG. 11", but it displays "MITT, AUG. 11".
    I've looked into some of the configuration files, but with no avail...


    UPDATE: Forget it! I just found it. Details must be edited in the "Widget.html" file in G.O.C. PRO_Weather+Date.theme
    Last edited by holl0wm1nd; 2010-08-11 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Problem Solved
    Please hit the Thanks button if you think this was helpful or if it maybe raised a smile!

  7. #1406
    Quote Originally Posted by a.t. View Post
    can i use ifile to change the background?

    I think so, but then I've never tried...I bet if you save a background u to your camera roll and then navigate to where your camera roll pics are stored, DCIM100 or something like that, then u could delete the Wallpaper.png in my theme and copy and paste the new one into my theme and rename it, all within iFile...give it a try


    Quote Originally Posted by richhee View Post
    toyvan i purchased the theme from rock and have been loving it but cant wait for the hd version so i would love to be a beta tester if you need one for hd i no what im doing when it comes to themes thanks
    [email protected] does most of my testing for me, and has for a while, but I'll keep u in mind when I actually have something to beta test for the HD version

    Quote Originally Posted by magpie2000k View Post
    Now IMPORTANTLY. If you are english and have an English device turn on summer board in winterboard ..
    VAN sent me a pm telling me now dock works.. ages for something so simple
    no matter where u live, u should ALWAYS have the 'summerboard mode' option turned ON

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWingChunKid View Post
    I should have been a little more clear. Is it possible to restore from the phone?
    OK...this what i want to do.
    1. Do back up. But what's the best way? I need to save and rescue my apps (got too many to send to app hell) Itunes won't save apps from Rock or Cydia, will it?
    2. Restore, jailbreak, problem solved =
    3. Restore, jailbreak, problem persists = :

    This also occurred to me. Since this is basically a software issue, there should be no problem exchanging the phone, right? I spoke to Apple before about AppleCare when i first got the phone, and they said AppleCare doesn't cover hardware damage.

    I'm gonna jump into another thread with my concerns and queries since all this doesn't pertain to your theme.

    Just know i'm still rockin it.

    And good looking out with the help. That's a shout out to everybody!

    I'll hit this thread up again wheeennnnnnnnnnnn

    I fix my phone or get another one.

    and HD for this theme hitz the scene
    if u use Rock then u can backup all your packages according to your RockID..so u can easily restore all of your jb apps with the push of a button - Apparently the issue is from the jailbreak, so if you try and return your device to apple what are u going to tell them? that your phone has a a big black rectangle in the corner after u jailbreak? lol - I would just restore, re-jailbreak and then install cydia & rock apps one at a time and check after each install to see when that black rectangle appears. Does it appear immediately after u jailbreak, before u install anything else? Let us know what happens...

    Quote Originally Posted by holl0wm1nd View Post
    TV et al,

    I sometimes help people out here, but now I'm the one in need of help.
    Weather widget works fine, but why is it displaying my date in german? Today, wednesday, it should be displaying something like "WED, AUG. 11", but it displays "MITT, AUG. 11".
    I've looked into some of the configuration files, but with no avail...


    UPDATE: Forget it! I just found it. Details must be edited in the "Widget.html" file in G.O.C. PRO_Weather+Date.theme
    now u helped yourself..too bad we can't press the "Thanks!" button in our own posts
    Last edited by toyvan; 2010-08-11 at 08:29 PM.

  8. #1407
    I can disable via winterboard the G.O.C. Weather Date widget and my phone works fine. Then when I enable it every 30 minutes (that's what I set the weather to update at) the phone reboots and then displays a message on how to arrange my icons and has the temperature loading...

    I changed the refresh back to 60 minutes and it did it again. Anyone having this issue? Like I said, my phone doesn't do this when I have the WeatherDate widget disabled. Thanks

    iPhone 4 with 4.0.1

  9. #1408
    ipod touch 2g
    ios 4.0
    g.o.c. pro 3.1

    weather, calculator, clock, music icons are still broken

    and i can't enable user wallpaper or user lockscreen
    the options are abore g.o.c. pro in winterboard, but it is still not working

  10. #1409
    Quote Originally Posted by mastaryan View Post
    I can disable via winterboard the G.O.C. Weather Date widget and my phone works fine. Then when I enable it every 30 minutes (that's what I set the weather to update at) the phone reboots and then displays a message on how to arrange my icons and has the temperature loading...

    I changed the refresh back to 60 minutes and it did it again. Anyone having this issue? Like I said, my phone doesn't do this when I have the WeatherDate widget disabled. Thanks

    iPhone 4 with 4.0.1
    You will need to uninstall G.O.C. Pro using Cydia, then reboot (not respring)your iPhone. Reload a fresh copy. When you SSH'd in to change your time/city. You deleted something and the code is out of whack. Reloading a fresh copy will fix it. Just be very careful to only change what is INSIDE the quotes.

    Hope that Helps

    iTunes has a new update 4.0.2 for your iPhones!!!

    DO NOT UPDATE TO 4.0.2 or you will LOOSE YOUR JAILBREAK and G.O.C. PRO!!!

    You can still use iTunes, just decline when it offers to update your iPhone. We will let you all know when it is safe to upgrade to the next level.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2010-08-11 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

    toyvan (2010-08-12)

  12. #1410
    Livin the iPhone Life Dalvar3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    San Jose, Costa Rica
    Posts
    1,394
    Thanks
    537
    Thanked 943 Times in 415 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

    iTunes has a new update 4.0.2 for your iPhones!!!

    DO NOT UPDATE TO 4.0.2 or you will LOOSE YOUR JAILBREAK and G.O.C. PRO!!!

    You can still use iTunes, just decline when it offers to update your iPhone. We will let you all know when it is safe to upgrade to the next level.
    Bye bye jailbreak with "JAILBREAME" (by now )

  13. #1411
    Is there a way to replace the carrier name AT&T with my own? Also, what's the directory for changing fonts/colors?

  14. #1412
    Default Please help...
    As a new jailbreaker (about 1 days worth) I am having some problems understanding some of the terminology and some of what more experienced users would consider rudimentary.

    As an example SSH (no idea what this stands for and yes I did try to look it up) means nothing to me, but I would very much like to learn.

    That being said I am having a couple issues with the theme that are as follows (and will be accompanied by a pic)

    1) Some of the icons don't seem to have the same bubble like border around them. I'm not sure if this is by design or as the first page stated that I need to clear my cache. If it is the latter an in depth and detailed walk through that you could point me to would be great.

    2) I can't get rid of this blasted date bar for the life of me and I am pretty sure I have disabled almost everything that could put it on there, so looking for some help with this one. I would like to use the Weather/Date that is included but I can't until I get this thing out of the way.

    Any help is greatly appreciated and thanks for the patience with the novice (which is quite frustrating to me as I am normally the one doing the instructing)!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -screen.png  

  15. #1413
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnifi View Post
    As a new jailbreaker (about 1 days worth) I am having some problems understanding some of the terminology and some of what more experienced users would consider rudimentary.

    As an example SSH (no idea what this stands for and yes I did try to look it up) means nothing to me, but I would very much like to learn.

    That being said I am having a couple issues with the theme that are as follows (and will be accompanied by a pic)

    1) Some of the icons don't seem to have the same bubble like border around them. I'm not sure if this is by design or as the first page stated that I need to clear my cache. If it is the latter an in depth and detailed walk through that you could point me to would be great.

    2) I can't get rid of this blasted date bar for the life of me and I am pretty sure I have disabled almost everything that could put it on there, so looking for some help with this one. I would like to use the Weather/Date that is included but I can't until I get this thing out of the way.

    Any help is greatly appreciated and thanks for the patience with the novice (which is quite frustrating to me as I am normally the one doing the instructing)!
    As [email protected] would say, post a screenshot of your Winterboard. Also,I believe the dock icons have to be in a certain order, or certian icons have to be in the dock. There is a screenshot of [email protected]'s dock and winterboard on here within the last 10 pages. I'm not ashamed to admit I copied it, and everything works great. Page 1 tells you how to set up weather in your area. Follow it and you'll be fine.
    Last edited by DannyJ31; 2010-08-12 at 04:42 AM.

  16. #1414
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyJ31 View Post
    As [email protected] would say, post a screenshot of your Winterboard. Also,I believe the dock icons have to be in a certain order, or certian icons have to be in the dock. There is a screenshot of [email protected]'s dock and winterboard on here within the last 10 pages. I'm not ashamed to admit I copied it, and everything works great. Page 1 tells you how to set up weather in your area. Follow it and you'll be fine.
    I've actually read all the way back to page 80 before I posted here (I'm not the type to ask for help without trying to help myself ).

    Here is what happens along with the winterboard screenshot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -screen2.png   -winter.png  

  17. #1415
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnifi View Post
    I've actually read all the way back to page 80 before I posted here (I'm not the type to ask for help without trying to help myself ).

    Here is what happens along with the winterboard screenshot.
    Hey buddy...welcome to the thread!!!

    Turn of BossPaper...it has a date widget embeded and it does not work until the dev of BossPaper fixes it.

    The dock has a specific build and the apps are placed in a specific spot to look good. If you want a different icon on the dock then you must request it and tell us which app and which position you want it in and we will build it on the Glass Orb Color Thread (Search in upper right)

    The order should be Safari, Mail, Phone, MMS, iPod which are also known as position 1,2,3,4,5

    Post #1 of this thread has all the info you need.

    That should get you all spify and ready to show your stuff!

    Welcome again and good luck

  18. #1416
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Hey buddy...welcome to the thread!!!

    Turn of BossPaper...it has a date widget embeded and it does not work until the dev of BossPaper fixes it.

    The dock has a specific build and the apps are placed in a specific spot to look good. If you want a different icon on the dock then you must request it and tell us which app and which position you want it in and we will build it on the Glass Orb Color Thread (Search in upper right)

    The order should be Safari, Mail, Phone, MMS, iPod which are also known as position 1,2,3,4,5

    Post #1 of this thread has all the info you need.

    That should get you all spify and ready to show your stuff!

    Welcome again and good luck
    After closer inspect it did say to turn Boss Paper off. I was thinking of what it said in one of the other areas to turn it on.

    You are a gentleman and a scholar (....assuming you are a dude)!

    Thanks for the patience, I know first hand explaining the same thing 300 times is not fun, but luckily I never ask the same question twice =]

  19. #1417
    Hi all,

    hope you can help me, i'm trying to clear the icon cache in ssh for G.O.C pro but i cant find the iconcache folder i need, there is an image cache folder but dont want to go messing about if some experienced heads can help me a bit

    heres a pic of what i see in ssh



    cheers

  20. #1418
    Had trouble with the auto-create function.
    I had GOC on iOS 4.0.1
    I already picked GOC as the winterboard theme.
    Then went to SSH to remove files in folder /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.IconsCache
    Went back to home screen, some icons are still in bubble.
    Turned off the device, waited for 5 secs then power on again.
    Basically the same, not all icons are in bubble.

    Is there anything I did wrong? Does auto-create work only with GOC pro? Please help.

  21. #1419
    Hmmm weird issue with wallpaper now

    Ssh'd in a wallpaper to the goc pro theme and it worked perfect. It wasn't an hd pic so I found this one and saved it to camera roll


    I used iFile to move it over to the pro theme folder and renamed it Wallpaper.png and deleted the original one I was using, but it's zooming/blowing the picture up and i get this. What's going on?


    Thanks
    Dan

  22. #1420
    That actually looks way better IMO. So how exactly did you change the background in ifile?

Page 71 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •