Page 32 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: **G.O.C. PRO** theme by ToyVan

Quote Originally Posted by glassorbwentbad View Post
    So I install SSH, reluctantly. Go to clear my icon caches, and still no orbs.....all sorts of fail on my end.
    did u respring?

Quote Originally Posted by youngunn View Post
    Okay thanks toyvan, I have backups in my pc just was making sure this was a one time thing though. Thanks for your quick reply. Does this mean no more making icons for peeps? I kinda enjoyed that sorta thing, making icons.
    yea, unfortunately this update had to overwrite everything this time...I'm sure people will still make requests for jailbroken apps ..

Quote Originally Posted by glassorbwentbad View Post
    I'm slightly dumb, so excuse me for ignorance. But if I do this, what happens when I want to revert back to a stock phone, will my icons go back to normal or still stay orbed????
    they will revert back to default..however, u will have to clear the icon cache when u go back to G.O.C. Pro...with iFile and the instructions I gave this should be a breeze by now

Quote Originally Posted by ThaNatrix View Post
    Is the calendar icon supposed to display the date? Mine's blank. If it is does anyone know how I can get it working properly. It sure is ugly all blank and white up there!
    If it's blank maybe u have "GOC LiveClock" selected, but don't have LiveClock installed...??!!

Quote Originally Posted by alohawaii View Post
    Thanks TV. I slowly figured everything out. I should start using my head more than rather asking for help 24/7.
    I don't claim to offer the best support for nothing ...glad u got it all sorted out man!
    Last edited by toyvan; 2010-02-02 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Hey everyone. First I wanna say thanks to TV for a freaking GREAT theme, period. I updated last night also and lost the custom icons from previous versions also but was able to tweak everything back the way I wanted it within about 1/2 hour (once I had a game plan). I had a back-up on my desktop that I merged the icons from into the new icon folder (and DID NOT replace any duplicates in case there were new icons with the same name). Cleared the cache, resprung and bam! Now I have all the icons that I've grown to love and a group of new ones that have used the auto feature to leave me completely "orbed", finally. I think the update is great for noobs and also great for the rest of us who can easily customize what we do and don't love. Let's face it, we all get off on hacking the sh%* out of our phones or we we wouldn't be here, and yes that goes for you too grasshopper This is a great community. Even after like 5 paragraphs of complaining, people are offering you easier helpful solutions, that rocks. Let's just keep learning together how to make our favorite piece of gear kick more *** than it already does!

Cheers

3. The Following User Says Thank You to audiochild For This Useful Post:

toyvan (2010-02-02)

Quote Originally Posted by audiochild View Post
    hey everyone. First i wanna say thanks to tv for a freaking great theme, period. I updated last night also and lost the custom icons from previous versions also but was able to tweak everything back the way i wanted it within about 1/2 hour (once i had a game plan). I had a back-up on my desktop that i merged the icons from into the new icon folder (and did not replace any duplicates in case there were new icons with the same name). Cleared the cache, resprung and bam! Now i have all the icons that i've grown to love and a group of new ones that have used the auto feature to leave me completely "orbed", finally. I think the update is great for noobs and also great for the rest of us who can easily customize what we do and don't love. Let's face it, we all get off on hacking the sh%* out of our phones or we we wouldn't be here, and yes that goes for you too grasshopper this is a great community. Even after like 5 paragraphs of complaining, people are offering you easier helpful solutions, that rocks. Let's just keep learning together how to make our favorite piece of gear kick more *** than it already does!

Cheers
    amen!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Neuge View Post
    Also wanted to ask something else for a while... I have the Glass Orb Color SBS theme installed. Everything on if works fine, but there is no icon for the SBSettings Tether Toggle. If someone can point me to one or explain how to make one and where to put it I'd appreciate it.
    ToyVan, do you have any tips for this? Basically now the icons for bother tether-on and tether-off in SBS are blank orbs so I can't tell them apart. So all I really need is one icon with some tether pic in the orb for tether-on. And where I need to put it.

I've made icons before and am willing to for this, but I don't have the blank orb file anymore.

ToyVan, do you have any tips for this? Basically now the icons for bother tether-on and tether-off in SBS are blank orbs so I can't tell them apart. So all I really need is one icon with some tether pic in the orb for tether-on. And where I need to put it.

I've made icons before and am willing to for this, but I don't have the blank orb file anymore.
    I added icons for tethering in a recent update..??!! do u have the latest version of 'Glass Orb Color SBS'?

Quote Originally Posted by toyvan View Post
    I added icons for tethering in a recent update..??!! do u have the latest version of 'Glass Orb Color SBS'?
    I have v 1.8, which appears to be current. I just tried uninstalling/reinstalling and it's still doing the same thing.

I guess I should point out that I have an AT&T hacked tethering profile that I configured using this walkthrough if that matters.

Thanks
    Hi TV, I forgot to ask in my last post. What files need to be altered or deleted to get the original wi-fi icon back in the status bar?

I must admit I'm not a fan of this update. The auto create thing just doesn't work that well so I'm having to replace all my icons back to how they were previously and it doesn't seem to work at all with categories

I have v 1.8, which appears to be current. I just tried uninstalling/reinstalling and it's still doing the same thing.

I guess I should point out that I have an AT&T hacked tethering profile that I configured using this walkthrough if that matters.
    I've attached a rar file below..extract the folder and then SSH it into the following:/private/var/mobile/Library/SBSettings/Themes/Glass Orb Color - respring and let me know if it appears..

Hi TV, I forgot to ask in my last post. What files need to be altered or deleted to get the original wi-fi icon back in the status bar?
    SSH and navigate to /private/var/stash/Themes/iD3.theme/Bundles/com.apple.springboard - delete the following files : FSO_x_AirPort(0-3) and Default_x_Airport(0-3)...8 files total..this will restore the default wifi bars..hope this is what u needed
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by jesusjones View Post
    I must admit I'm not a fan of this update. The auto create thing just doesn't work that well so I'm having to replace all my icons back to how they were previously and it doesn't seem to work at all with categories
    what don't u like about it?? I have clearly stated that this only works for App Store icons ONLY! If u need icons for jailbroken apps, i.e. categories, then u can request them in the Glass Orb Color thread as usual...

I've attached a rar file below..extract the folder and then SSH it into the following:/private/var/mobile/Library/SBSettings/Themes/Glass Orb Color - respring and let me know if it appears..
    I don't know why, but my tethering icon was named 'Tether' not 'Tethering'. Once I changed the folder name everything worked.

Thanks

SSH and navigate to /private/var/stash/Themes/iD3.theme/Bundles/com.apple.springboard - delete the following files : FSO_x_AirPort(0-3) and Default_x_Airport(0-3)...8 files total..this will restore the default wifi bars..hope this is what u needed
    Thanks for the quick response! That was perfect. I'm guessing the "Default BARS" and "FSO BARS" are the TWELVE files to delete for the original carrier bars?

I'm slightly confused here. Ok I had the latest before 2.0, all my icons were orbed and such. Now I cleared my icon caches like so, and installed GOC Pro's 2.0 update. Now only a few icons are orbed and the rest are blocky Did I miss something? Btw, I love your theme and I think it's an excellent deal for the price it's at. It's worth it!

Thanks for the quick response! That was perfect. I'm guessing the "Default BARS" and "FSO BARS" are the TWELVE files to delete for the original carrier bars?

yes, those are the files for the signal strength bars...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Irrelevant View Post
    I'm slightly confused here. Ok I had the latest before 2.0, all my icons were orbed and such. Now I cleared my icon caches like so, and installed GOC Pro's 2.0 update. Now only a few icons are orbed and the rest are blocky Did I miss something? Btw, I love your theme and I think it's an excellent deal for the price it's at. It's worth it!
    did u respring ur device immediately after clearing the icon cache? the only icons that would still be default are cydia & rock apps that don't have custom icons...I tried to include over 100 of the more popular cydia & rock apps with 2.0, so if u had custom icons before the update that disappeared, then u can just grab them again from the online database or request them at the Glass Orb Color thread as usual(links below)...

database:
    ZumoDrive

Icon requests:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/new-skins-t...me-toyvan.html

Merci, my good friend. I love your theme lots! So I've figured out this, using OpenSSH to clear your icon cache does NOT work as well as iFile does. Only thing is they need to move iFile to RYP. I don't like Cydia, it's slow. I got it to work, now I just got to restore a lot of my icons Thanks again Toyvan for this great theme!

Default 2.0 Issues
    I just upgraded, and everything works great, except for a few things. The small app icons (like the ones that appear in a Spotlight search) aren't orbed, and this is more of a problem for me because I use PogoPlank and the small icons are the only ones that I get to see. I have cleared the caches several times. Also, the custom statusbar icon for EDGE seems to be missing. Thanks in advance for your help!!

Quote Originally Posted by viparr104 View Post
    I just upgraded, and everything works great, except for a few things. The small app icons (like the ones that appear in a Spotlight search) aren't orbed, and this is more of a problem for me because I use PogoPlank and the small icons are the only ones that I get to see. I have cleared the caches several times. Also, the custom statusbar icon for EDGE seems to be missing. Thanks in advance for your help!!
    the spotlight icons are not tied to the springboard icons that get auto-created, and to be honest with u I have never even thought about even trying to look into those...so, it's normal that they're not orbed so u can stop clearing ur cache ...as far as the 'Egde' icon, you're right, it looks like it got overlooked in the update...who uses edge anyways??! haha

the spotlight icons are not tied to the springboard icons that get auto-created, and to be honest with u I have never even thought about even trying to look into those...so, it's normal that they're not orbed so u can stop clearing ur cache ...as far as the 'Egde' icon, you're right, it looks like it got overlooked in the update...who uses edge anyways??! haha
    So no love for us PogoPlank users? Ah well...it's still a pretty badass theme. Is there any way I could change the small icons by mahself through SSH or something? Thanks again!

I just have one complaint, when i try to look at the top 50 apps on the appstore for the paid ones, it wont show. may you explain why?
    Btw what do you think is going to be next for the update?
    Last edited by Aznjonathan23; 2010-02-03 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by viparr104 View Post
    So no love for us PogoPlank users? Ah well...it's still a pretty badass theme. Is there any way I could change the small icons by mahself through SSH or something? Thanks again!
    I have love for all, but I just can't please everyone ...if u figure it let me know...

Quote Originally Posted by Aznjonathan23 View Post
    I just have one complaint, when i try to look at the top 50 apps on the appstore for the paid ones, it wont show. may you explain why?
    Btw what do you think is going to be next for the update?
    what won't show, the icons did u follow my instructions on clearing the icon cache on the bottom of my first post?

Page 32 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast