Page 15 of 105 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: **G.O.C. PRO** theme by ToyVan

Default G.O.C. Pro smaller Boss Theme and Date Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I have had a few G.O.C. Pro users request my shorter version of the date image and how to put to install it. Making these changes will allow an icon on each side of the date bar and can be seen from screen shots I have posted. REMEMBER that after you make changes, You need to back up the folder on your desktops because any updates will over write all the work.

You will have to place this image in one of two folders, depending on which one you are using. If you are using BossPaper the place the image in G.O.C.PRO_BossPaper.theme. Then ssh into the Wallpaper.html file within that folder and change the following code to what I paste...it is one number:

<body bgcolor="transparent" background="">
    <table style="position: absolute; top: 20px; left: 0px; width: 320px; height: 461px;" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" align="center">
    <tr align="center" valign="top" border="0" cellpadding="0">

This will center it up and down and align with your app icons.

With long days and months, they will drift outside of the image so you will have to ssh into the same folder/file and make the following changes to the months:

function calendarDate ( )
    {
    var this_weekday_name_array = new Array("Sunday","Monday","Tuesday","Wednesday","Thu rsday","Friday","Saturday")
    var this_month_name_array = new Array("Jan.","Feb.","Mar.","Apr.","May","Jun.","Jul.","A ug.","Sep.","Oct.","Nov.","Dec.") //predefine month names

You can also rename the days of the week if you desire.

If you are not using BossPaper then you will need to make the changes stated above to the /private/var/stash/Themes.lhktut/G.O.C. PRO_DateWidget.theme and the wallpaper.html file in there.

Please BACK UP either folder BEFORE you make any changes in case you screw up. I will not be responsible for mistakes or errors you make and TV will NOT send you replacement files.

If you are not sure of the instructions, then ask BEFORE you try or just dont mess with the files. This is done at your own risk.

Hope you enjoy and like it for those that decide to use it.

Do NOT rename the file...it is already named properly.

Thank you for posting this adjustment to the Date Widget.

I am having trouble tho trying to edit the html file.
    I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but i am on a Mac and not really certain on how to edit this file.
    I saved a copy of the file using DiskAid and when i try to edit it.. it just shows the font as it is in the app.
    How do i get to the code to edit it?

Would it be possible for you to attach your modified file so it can be saved as a backup and then added to whichever directory we use?

Thanks in advance and thank you for going thru the trouble editing this item.
    2 more icons per page at 11 pages sure does help organizing apps.

Cheers

*EDIT*

Doh! Open as html and click on View >View Source
    I then copied everything and saved it into a text file. made the changes and saved as a html.. dropped back into the appropriate folder and now the widget is gone. I noticed that mac wants to save it as a web archive and wont let me save it solely as a html file... any suggestions?
    Last edited by Tinkeritis; 2009-10-16 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkeritis View Post
    Thank you for posting this adjustment to the Date Widget.

I am having trouble tho trying to edit the html file.
    I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but i am on a Mac and not really certain on how to edit this file.
    I saved a copy of the file using DiskAid and when i try to edit it.. it just shows the font as it is in the app.
    How do i get to the code to edit it?

Would it be possible for you to attach your modified file so it can be saved as a backup and then added to whichever directory we use?

Thanks in advance and thank you for going thru the trouble editing this item.
    2 more icons per page at 11 pages sure does help organizing apps.

Cheers

*EDIT*

Doh! Open as html and click on View >View Source
    I then copied everything and saved it into a text file. made the changes and saved as a html.. dropped back into the appropriate folder and now the widget is gone. I noticed that mac wants to save it as a web archive and wont let me save it solely as a html file... any suggestions?

At this point I have to turn it over to a Mac user. I have never used a Mac and never will. I use WinSCP to ssh in and edit files. I know there is an equivalent out there for Mac users, I just do not know which one.

Sorry that I can't guide you any further then what I already have.

At this point I have to turn it over to a Mac user. I have never used a Mac and never will. I use WinSCP to ssh in and edit files. I know there is an equivalent out there for Mac users, I just do not know which one.

Sorry that I can't guide you any further then what I already have.
    No worries Mate.
    I figured out how to edit the html file. I have to change the text setting from rich html to plain.
    Now i need to figure out how to make the date widget.png a little smaller on each side. it is encroaching a little into the app icons

I'll see if i can post a pic when i'm done
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkeritis View Post
    No worries Mate.
    I figured out how to edit the html file. I have to change the text setting from rich html to plain.
    Now i need to figure out how to make the date widget.png a little smaller on each side. it is encroaching a little into the app icons

I'll see if i can post a pic when i'm done
    Cheers
    Not a problem, glad you were able to figure it out.
    I did include the img in that post. It has already been altered. You should just have to drop it in the right folder...BossPaper folder if using bosspaper or date widget folder if using date widget. Make sure the one you drop it in is higher in winter board then the other.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

Tinkeritis (2009-10-16)

Default G.O.C. Pro smaller Boss Theme and Date Widget
    I did include the img in that post. It has already been altered. You should just have to drop it in the right folder...BossPaper folder if using bosspaper or date widget folder if using date widget. Make sure the one you drop it in is higher in winter board then the other.
    Even better!
    As i was going thru all the hoops to modify that bar... i went back to your original post #166 to take another look... ACK! i just noticed you are using five column springboard!!!
    WOW that's really gonna help.

Thanks for the heads up on the resized datewidget.png. gonna add it now

iPhone? More like MyPhone alohawaii's Avatar
    Thanks

I came across your screen shot of your set up and I was wondering how did you change the color of the "date widget" ?

Quote Originally Posted by alohawaii View Post
    I came across your screen shot of your set up and I was wondering how did you change the color of the "date widget" ?
    It is ssh'ing into the html files and changing the color codes. For this one it was this path: /private/var/stash/Themes.lhktut/G.O.C. PRO_BossPaper.theme

opening the html wallpaper file and changing the color code:

SPAN#calendar
    {
    font-family: Helvetica;
    text-align: center;
    color: Teal;
    text-shadow: #000000 1px 2px 1px;

9. The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

Splitroaster (2009-10-24)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Just curious Toyvan, or anyone else... Anybody plan on integrating this theme into PogoPlank?

I must plead ignorance here..what's pogoplank?

Quote Originally Posted by toyvan View Post
    I must plead ignorance here..what's pogoplank?
    PogoPlank springboard U/I replacement | iPhone News, Help and Guides

SpringBoard UI replacement. Basically it's Categories on the SpringBoard instead of having to open up a separate window to find categorizeditems.

Thanks

I need some icons made please...

Quote Originally Posted by Zwayne View Post
    Tsk Tsk Tsk.... you know that's not how it works

Thanks

here's what my theme looks like
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -4.jpg   -1.jpg   -3.jpg  
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-10-18 at 04:59 AM.

Default Great job!!!!!!!!!!
    Hey Toy Van i just purchased this great theme from Rock and I'd like these icons to complete the theme on my iphone

Id like these icons for the next update

MapQuest

Pocket Tunes

aLight

Roadside

HP iPrint

CNN

Holy Bible

SonicLighter

FieldService

iEmoticons

SpaceMnkey

Thanks You and keep up this great work

I'm not much of a computer wizz i was unable to figure out the icon request steps but please help me out Toy Van give this man a break

Thanks again
    Last edited by Civic Si; 2009-10-16 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default Icon Requests
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic Si View Post
    Hey Toy Van i just purchased this great theme from Rock and I'd like these icons to complete the theme on my iphone

MapQuest

Pocket Tunes

aLight

Roadside

HP iPrint

CNN

Holy Bible

SonicLighter

FieldService

iEmoticons

SpaceMnkey

You may wanna check out TV's G.O.C. Pro post here http://modmyi.com/forums/new-skins-t...me-toyvan.html

It has icon request instructions posted there as well as possibly some, if not all, of the icon you may be requesting.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by toyvan View Post

ICON REQUEST INSTRUCTIONS
    Make sure you always have the latest theme update installed via Cydia before you start making icon requests. The icon(s) you're looking for may already be available! If you have additional icon requests, PLEASE PROVIDE AN IMAGE OF THE ORIGINAL APP ICON(see below on how to get the original icons), and attach them to your post. Also, make sure to include the EXACT name of your icon in your post so it shows up in a search(makes it easier for other people to find if they need the same icon). If you have more than two icon requests at one time, add the original icons to a .zip or .rar folder and attach it to your post. BE SURE TO NAME YOUR ICONS EXACTLY AS THEY APPEAR ON YOUR DEVICE(include spaces & any symbols, case sensitive). If you don't have time to follow these simple steps, then me, or anyone else, don't have time to fulfill your requests, and they will be ignored .

HOW TO GET ORIGINAL APP ICONS:
    First, try and search for the app by name HERE
    Second Option,(courtesy of showstopper), 'Right click' on the app in iTunes & choose 'open in windows explorer'. It will show you the ipa file. Then open the ipa file with winrar. Extract the itunesartwork file and add .jpg to the end of it. Then post them back here! DO NOT RENAME .jpg FILES to .png OR VICE VERSA!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jarlath View Post
    PogoPlank springboard U/I replacement | iPhone News, Help and Guides

SpringBoard UI replacement. Basically it's Categories on the SpringBoard instead of having to open up a separate window to find categorizeditems.
    Looks similar to 'stacks'...I'll have to look into this more when I have some time

Quote Originally Posted by Zwayne View Post
    please post all icons requests at the link below..and make sure to read my first post

http://modmyi.com/forums/new-skins-t...me-toyvan.html

Quote Originally Posted by alohawaii View Post
    here's what my theme looks like
    nice pink!!

Quote Originally Posted by Civic Si View Post

MapQuest

Pocket Tunes

aLight

Roadside

HP iPrint

CNN

Holy Bible

SonicLighter

FieldService

iEmoticons

SpaceMnkey

I'm not much of a computer wizz i was unable to figure out the icon request steps but please help me out Toy Van give this man a break

Thanks again

same goes to u..go to the same link I just posted above..most of these have already been made..I'm just waiting on RYP to release my next update!!
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-10-18 at 05:00 AM.

Thanks

Awsome theme, bought it, installed it and its running fine thanks to all the input from everyone on this...I have been sifting through pages and pages looking for icons its a nightmare as there seems to be no seperate link for icons or icon packages, so I downloaded your creating package with info file to start creating my own in which I will try include as many icons already upped into one package with a list and re up but can anyone tell me what the best software is to use for editting and creating icons ? Is it photoshop ? Thanks again to all who help !
    Iphone 3g 16g jailbroken4.2.1... "dont fear the jailbreak !"

Quote Originally Posted by benjiuk View Post
    Awsome theme, bought it, installed it and its running fine thanks to all the input from everyone on this...I have been sifting through pages and pages looking for icons its a nightmare as there seems to be no seperate link for icons or icon packages, so I downloaded your creating package with info file to start creating my own in which I will try include as many icons already upped into one package with a list and re up but can anyone tell me what the best software is to use for editting and creating icons ? Is it photoshop ? Thanks again to all who help !
    the best software to use is whatever get's the job done and personal preference ..I use photoshop, but others use a program called gimp...if u have icon requests just post them at the link below, but make sure u follow the rules in my first post..cheers, and thanks for supporting my theme

http://modmyi.com/forums/new-skins-t...me-toyvan.html

Hello -

Are you ever going to get this on Cydia?

I'm using your GOC. It's been on my phone for a couple of months. No other theme compares.

I will never - ever - put RYP on my phone. I only support the people that help the community.

If I donate through paypal I will get a link to download this theme?

Thank you.

Thanks

yup, he can send you the file. install ryp. it's not that bad. you'll be able to get updates through ryp.

Page 15 of 105 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast