Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [open source] the open source theme

Banned
    Thanks

Default [open source] the open source theme
    THE OPEN SOURCE PROJECT

I wanted to try something like this a long time ago..

Maybe it will work

The idea is to gather all ideas and skills to make a PERFECT theme...

good looks
    perfect handling
    minimum memory

Everybody can contribute and change stuff in the code...

But first we need a start and a few developers...

WHAT DO YOU THINK????
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -iphoneicon-3-0.png  
    Last edited by Pear-phone; 2009-09-10 at 01:37 AM.

i think that is a brilliant idea!!! =]

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,217 Times in 2,596 Posts

I'm game, as long as there is a unified consensus of the direction of the initial build.

I suggest making a questionnaire and having contributing developers fill it out so we can see where a majority of us want to go with it.
    #eli7e revived me

sounds awesome, would love to be involved in this...

i wanna be in too... =]

Banned
    Thanks

After developing Lopeard I'd say keep this nice and simple.

selfmade graphics only...
    widgets??? I don't know (maybe on the lockscreen)

style of the theme??? I don't know. CLEAN

so this is like a developing themes company right?

How about a landscape theme?

im good at themes (the icons are what i suck at) even though ive never made one....(ive started but never finished due to icons xD)

i suck at icons too man^

I'll help, working on a theme atm but im sure i can help in free time. I know how to Theme Stacks v3, but it can only be done manually so far >.> if someone can help with me we might be able to figure out how we could get stacks themed straight out of cydia. (this would be a good addition to the theme...)

i think we need to make a portrait not landscape...so it can be right for everyone.

Here is what i think, landscape themes are just nuts to get to work and are really annoying considering not many things on the iphone are landscape. Portrait just feels great,

I also suggest a good iconmask,overlay etc. is the way to go. Then icon creators can take their time and create the main icons, this way means the theme ill basicly run itself, by having automatically themed icons straight out of the app store.

good utilization of cydia apps like stacks and categorys are a must, categorys isn't liked much but with the recent updates it has been running a lot smoother and has tons more room for easier organization.

Next, would have to be virtually completly themed UI, this way it gives the theme a more full effect that kind of feels awesome when you notice little changes deep into the UI department making your iphone feel like its ultimatly customized

out again.

thinking of a new concept might be a bit hard since there are so many themes.

exactly. a new kind of style, something never seen before...

so we should make a portrait theme. . cuz its easier to set up and make..

i was thinking on this too... we need to make something new and exiting!! BUT i cant think of anything new...
    i bet you Pear-phone will think of something... he is very creative! =]
    Last edited by Doorstopdima; 2009-09-10 at 03:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

im sure we'll come up with something.

or pear or nitusa will lol

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,217 Times in 2,596 Posts

I have a bad history in regards to community projects (I had my fair share of them in M.U.G.E.N. and Stepmania communities)... they never seem to get done no matter who's in charge.

As much as I like this idea, I'm sorry to say that I'm going into this with extreme caution.
    #eli7e revived me

Banned
    Thanks

same here..

It's just an Idea...

Here are my thoughts:

1. The theme should be scriptable (no blanks, no jumps, no multi columns)
    The only theme that I am aware of that may have accomplished this is the Leopard UI preview (the verdict is out if it's real or even feasible in launching apps or widgets). But in principle, that is what we should try and accomplish (unfortunately we may not be able to use TDR's framework, since he has some personality issues he needs to sort out). But in principle, that is the right approach.

2. So the homescreen would essentially create a launchpad for everything else. It would also provide for widgets, since it would work similarly as the LockInfo scripts, which have room for widgets such as weather, calendar, etc. Now, I am not advocating to use the LI appearance, just the concept.

3. The homescreen would also hold the application structure. What I mean by that is that we could provide elements that link to two types of "windows" or "panels": For simplicity, we could have icons that when tapped on will slide out an overlay screen (skinnable) that holds pointers to applications or to pages of the iPhone. So tapping on an app, would launch the app, whereas tapping on another icon (say a generic games icon) would collapse the homescreen html to a mimimized state and reveal a regular iPhone page. tapping on the mimized state would return the full html.

4. I think this would be flexible enough to support both landscape and portrait themes, but I really think that portrait should be the default and would deliver the best user experience.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast