Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Windows 7 Ultimate (Preview)

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

omfg... I need to have this! EBL YOU SOB!

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    I don't think that too many people would agree that Windows (any system) is aesthetically beautiful, but that's another topic. I am talking more about the user interaction with a finger-controlled device. So in the video, I really like the slide-up panel, but the menu just sucks (although better than the Leopard menus in other threads). I guess what I'm trying to say is, that the user interaction should be consistent and I really don't want to see a menu anywhere. Of course, this is my personal and subjective view and ebl can make whatever theme he wants. I'm just trying to see if I can find an interesting theme with potential that I could see improve the user interaction. So some aspects of this theme are nice, but if people keep copying desktop UIs, then I'm not really interested. That's not meant to put down the theme, just some food for thought. It has nothing to do with Windows or Mac OS either, just personal preference.
    I disagree completely, as much as I love the iPhone, AppleTV, iPod... I'll never buy a MAC Setup. The UI drives me nuts, Windows just feels natural in my eyes and looks 10x better on the iphone. Personally, i just like MAC's because they are easy to use.. not cosmetics.
    Last edited by zinjen; 2009-09-10 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 224 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by k.nitsua View Post
    I hate you =P

Welcome back ebl. Glad to know Palm didn't scare you completely away from theming, lol.

It looks beautiful so far. You may actually make a theme that makes me want to replace my own on my own phone, lol.

Thanks bro..i see you working hard yourself..!

Quote Originally Posted by Pear-phone View Post
    nice to see you back....

I had about 1 year breaktime from creating themes when I started Lopeard...

Too bad it ain't landscape though.. hehe..

keep up the good work..
    I'll be watching this

EDIT: still using my fingerprinter?? LOL
    I decided to not do landscape..theres too much landscape themes and i wanted something easy but cool at the same time. and im not using fingerprinter...i just started on this theme and i have a special surprise for the lockscreen.

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    omfg... I need to have this! EBL YOU SOB!

I disagree completely, as much as I love the iPhone, AppleTV, iPod... I'll never buy a MAC Setup. The UI drives me nuts, Windows just feels natural in my eyes and looks 10x better on the iphone. Personally, i just like MAC's because they are easy to use.. not cosmetics.
    i am very aware that you are a Windows theme fanatic..lol.. and u will not be disapointed...trust me...btw..no more html widgets

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    This is closer to a usable theme, since it is portrait and actually has almost exactly the features I had suggested in the Leopard thread. So it has an SBSettings-like slide out and the menu items are not too cramped.

What I don't understand is why you guys copy existing OS setups. I really would like to see something more original that is neither Mac nor Windows. It's really not necessary. For example, the menu could be styled uniquely, there is no need for it to look like a menu. The same is true for the IE icon. There is no IE on the iPhone and there is no need to use that icon. You don't have to use the Safari icon either, but something generic if you wish.

I guess, it would be possible to theme this after it's released, but I think it would be great if you could make it a more unique and interesting setup than Windows.

So I guess my question is whether this is a theme that is easy to setup or does this require the usual blanks/springjumps and multi row/column springboard extension. I hope not.
    there are different kind of themes..theirs emulation..(Windows, mac, blackberry...ect)..there are Original themes.. there are themes for your favorite artist and bands..ect. A theme is a theme. If you research themes for any device or operating system you will find the same thing we do here. You may not like Mac or Windows themes but other people love it. I think of themes like Genres of music..you have your different styles. and different tunes..My kind of themes making might not suit what u may like in a theme. Thats cool. its all in personal preference. If u look at my history in MMI you would see that i make themes that emulate other devices and software...so if you see a "internet explorer" icon that replaces safari..its because whatever I'm emulating has "Internet Explorer" in it..i make these kinds of themes.. That's my lane and that's what I'm good at. I don't bash other people because they make certain themes..it may not be my style but someone else would love it.
    Last edited by ebl4287; 2009-09-11 at 03:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

very nice as always; i love your attention to detail! keep up the good work.

that is pretty nice.....

Thanks
    Default Nice Theme
    Awesome Theme

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,217 Times in 2,596 Posts

How did you have a time on date without html widgets?

THAT is very interesting!
    #eli7e revived me

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by k.nitsua View Post
    How did you have a time on date without html widgets?

THAT is very interesting!
    Ooops..i forgot about that one..lol

Quote Originally Posted by littleboy683 View Post
    very nice as always; i love your attention to detail! keep up the good work.
    thanx..i try

Some Eye candy on the first page
    Last edited by ebl4287; 2009-09-11 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

hate to bug you, but release date?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jayteez View Post
    hate to bug you, but release date?
    Most of us have come to learn that release dates are not easy to come by... they tend to always be hard to meet. Knowing EBL he will have it done within a month or 2... but for the attention to detail he has it's well worth it.

Thanks

I will release a beta next week...there will be only one beta then release

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ebl4287 For This Useful Post:

Zehlek (2009-09-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ebl4287 View Post
    Really looking forward to the beta bro.

It would be cool if you can find a way to put the wifi/signal strength down in the right hand corner next to the date&time.. makes it look even more authentic. Either way looks beautiful thus far!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    Really looking forward to the beta bro.

It would be cool if you can find a way to put the wifi/signal strength down in the right hand corner next to the date&time.. makes it look even more authentic. Either way looks beautiful thus far!
    While we're at it, i wish we could throw the battery down there also..im gonna see what i can do!

hehe ebl you bether try to put win7 on iphone

nice work m8... i cant wait for release
    Last edited by lazardj; 2009-09-11 at 10:52 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Zehlek's Avatar
    Thanks

Awesome I can't wait. Maybe eventually you will be able to make a Windows O/S for the iPhone

Looks great! Is this iNav based?

can't wait can't wait great job ebl

My iPhone is a Part of Me Zehlek's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carloqt View Post
    can't wait can't wait great job ebl
    As can't I

your themes are great im still using the vista perfection

i hope that you can least finish this one xD

i just have to say great job man!
    i love these kinds of themes, i think that the vista and windows 7 themes look really cool, im actully working on my own vista theme check it out!

http://modmyi.com/forums/new-skins-t...e-premium.html

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast