Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Make my own theme with icons and more

Question Make my own theme with icons and more
    Hi everyone

I was hoping someone could help me make my first theme. I couldn't find what I was looking for (Disney Princess Jasmine), so I decided to make my own.

I know nothing about this, and I just jailbroke my phone about an hour ago or so. What do I need besides Cydia?

Thank you.

I can explain to u all day but the easiest thing is just to YouTube "how to make iPhone themes" there's TONS of vids

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Raptors For This Useful Post:

CreoleSugar (2009-09-08)

Well, here's a few tools you'll need to start you off.

You'll need
    -sbsettings (cydia, it's like control panel? Haha)
    -openSSH (cydia for ssh-ing)
    -winSCP (I guess you're using windows? So yeah, google this to ssh into phone)
    -winterboard (cydia, need I explain more? It's for themes)
    -photo editing software, to create imgaes for your theme
    yeah. I guess that's the BASIC stuff. Haha, anything just ask questions, we are here to help

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Glenwing For This Useful Post:

CreoleSugar (2009-09-08)

okay thanks! I didn't expect replies so soon

I actually use a Mac, though, btw. I don't know if that makes any difference.

Mac. Hmm. I wish I had a mac. Haha I think for mac the program is putty? Correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: it's CYBER DUCK for MAC. sorry people. Putty is for windows.
    Last edited by Glenwing; 2009-09-09 at 04:25 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Glenwing For This Useful Post:

CreoleSugar (2009-09-08)

Ok ill help you out, i too have a mac, and im in the process for getting my awesome theme to the point where i can post a preview on here.

First off, here are the list of things i suggest to get from cydia, if you can't find them just search youtube and you will find a video about it.

Winterboard- it is an app that lets you change themes on your phone.
    SBSettings- when installed swipe finger on the status bar to open, in here you will find tons of stuff, and you should find something called ssh, you are going to want to download cyberduck on your mac, this is how you will be able to put your actual theme on the device, look up on youtube for better explaination.
    Then you just have to search on youtube to find out how to make a theme, mostly all you need to know is what the names are and places where you need to put your pictures/artwork.
    if you want to make your own pictures i suggest photoshop but gimp is a nice free alternative

if you have anymore questions ask me, i know tons

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ajblue7 For This Useful Post:

CreoleSugar (2009-09-08)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Here is a link to a thread about making your own theme.
    CyberDuck is a good progarm also for Mac to use for SSH
    Here is a link for a SSH guide also.
    Here is a Photo Shop link for making icons.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

CreoleSugar (2009-09-09)

When you create the themese/icons/ect. where do you place them when you connect to your phone. Which directory/directories do they go into? Ex: I have glass orb and going to TRY (keyword) and make some of my own. If and when I am successful in doing so or want to test it, which directory (i've searched and gave up) do I upload them to?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mastaryan For This Useful Post:

CreoleSugar (2009-09-09)

Var/stash/themes/
    well. Everything's in the folder stash.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Glenwing For This Useful Post:

CreoleSugar (2009-09-09)

or in library/themes

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ajblue7 For This Useful Post:

CreoleSugar (2009-09-09)

okay, I'm still creating a icon for a theme (glassorb). So once I create the icon, I find stash folder and put the icon in there, or do I need to find the glassorb theme and put the icon in there. Also, if (which probably will take months) I created my own theme, I would upload it all to the themes folder, so I bet I should assume that since I'm working on creating an icon for using the glassorb design the icon goes into that folder!

May have answered my own question. I connected to my phone and see the entire library of themes for glass orb. Thanks everyone
    Last edited by mastaryan; 2009-09-09 at 04:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Okay, I made an icon for iStockMnger. Its suppose to be a nest egg, however when uploading it I do not get the bubble around it. When I reopened it, it doesn't have the layer either.

***Fixed the bubble issue

*** Two icons I've made
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by mastaryan; 2009-09-09 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Possibly figured it out!

I just got CyberDuck. I have no idea how to use it LOL

also, how do I install a theme that I find on this website?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLGcu6AQSHc[/ame]

^^ told me how. neverminddddd =D

but what's Screen Split?
    Last edited by CreoleSugar; 2009-09-09 at 06:36 AM.

Just use it like a normal file explorer? Haha
    screen split is to enable you to view iPhone on the tv or comp. I THINK (note the caps. I'm not really sure)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CreoleSugar View Post
    I just got CyberDuck. I have no idea how to use it LOL

also, how do I install a theme that I find on this website?

^^ told me how. neverminddddd =D

but what's Screen Split?
    Here look at this thread, it will show you where to place the themes in Winterboard.

How can you take what someone has created in their theme and modify it. Seems like I try to download the file from my phone and when I try and open it, its not there to modify. Any tips?

I've wondered this, too, because the mac and hello kitty theme doesn't have an icon for YouTube, but it does for random apps like the one that reminds me to drink 8 glasses of water LOL.