Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [RELEASE] LOPEARD BETA 2a

1. He didn't make the login screen to emulate a mac. It's very cool and in my opinion better than a mac lockscreen.
    2. ^^
    3. It's impossible to do password input for landscape so therefore its for aesthetic value.
    4. You are very wrong. It can be changed very easily just by editing the html
    5. wtf?
    6. It's an iphone, and for an iphone, that's the most applicable for the drop down menus unless he uses 15 rows and 15 columns which would lag like crazy
    7. If you want the menus to go away you can do that yourself by adding springjump 0, 4 of them and configure the springboard yourself
    8. There are only 4 items in stacks
    9. You can't physically drag apps and place in the iphone stacks because it is an IPHONE
    10. The dock cannot be configured because of the limited applicaitons. You can congifure it yourself
    11. It's an iphone...
    12. You can easily make your own icon.
    13. Trash is not wasted space, it is part of the wallpaper so if you think its wasted space, remove it. And trash is necessary in order to return to the first page.
    14. Of course, this is the case with most of the iphone applications. You ever wonder why the icons in the dock are the ones that can be turned landscape?
    15. Do it urself
    16. You can't drag apps into stack....for iphone....its an iphone
    17. It's an iphone and can only fit four menus. Any more would lag like crazy.
    The rest you are just being a b i t c h
    seriously
    you have to remember that this is an IPHONE AND NOT A MAC
    Pear is doing the best he can with this theme and it looks lke it is a really close imitation of mac along with ofm's
    do something better than that and stop being a dousche
    back up your words then if you find his so wrong.

lol there are limitations on iphone and pear has extended beyond those limitations. however, there are things that are impossible to do on the iphone and that's that
    Storm Shadow

Quote Originally Posted by victorliao View Post
    1. He didn't make the login screen to emulate a mac. It's very cool and in my opinion better than a mac lockscreen. Macs don't have "lockscreens"
    2. ^^
    3. It's impossible to do password input for landscape so therefore its for aesthetic value. aesthetics don't make it usable, therefore it's a waste of valuable pages.
    4. You are very wrong. It can be changed very easily just by editing the html Why would I want to do that? It's bad enough it takes 45 minutes to even get this thing running, and even then it's a pain since some of the files are in German. Just use a generic image...solves the problem
    5. wtf? wtf is that the dialog windows would have the title in the top bar and the font he used isn't Lucida Grande
    6. It's an iphone, and for an iphone, that's the most applicable for the drop down menus unless he uses 15 rows and 15 columns which would lag like crazy And it doesn't lag now with all the icons, webclips and everything else that needs to be added? Hell, the Html alone is too much, expecially on that many pages.
    7. If you want the menus to go away you can do that yourself by adding springjump 0, 4 of them and configure the springboard yourself Or...that could already be part of the theme
    8. There are only 4 items in stacks no duh...it's a waste and you can't configure it
    9. You can't physically drag apps and place in the iphone stacks because it is an IPHONE Newsflash, newb - There IS an app for iPhone that you can drag icons to called (ready for it?) STACKS!!!
    10. The dock cannot be configured because of the limited applicaitons. You can congifure it yourself I was able to get 8 icons on my regular dock...why can't this have more?
    11. It's an iphone... Again, newb - Finder.app and any number of apps can open the filesystem on a iPhone...try researching next time you reply with such uneducated answers
    12. You can easily make your own icon. What's the point of a theme if I need to do all the work myself? defeats the purpose
    13. Trash is not wasted space, it is part of the wallpaper so if you think its wasted space, remove it. And trash is necessary in order to return to the first page. lol...seriously? How is that even anything like any mac ever? hahaha
    14. Of course, this is the case with most of the iphone applications. You ever wonder why the icons in the dock are the ones that can be turned landscape?
    15. Do it urself learn to read (and write) - I did. It's called Leopard UI in Cydia
    16. You can't drag apps into stack....for iphone....its an iphone Again, it's called Stacks...and it exists for the iPhone
    17. It's an iphone and can only fit four menus. Any more would lag like crazy. again, it already does lag
    The rest you are just being a b i t c h Nice...so instead of debating the points I made, you resort to name calling.
    seriously
    you have to remember that this is an IPHONE AND NOT A MAC
    Pear is doing the best he can with this theme and it looks lke it is a really close imitation of mac along with ofm's
    do something better than that and stop being a dousche
    back up your words then if you find his so wrong. I have backed up my words, but you didnt bother reading my post - I made 'Leopard UI' which is in Cydia and is the closest anyone will come to Leopard for a while.

lol there are limitations on iphone and pear has extended beyond those limitations. however, there are things that are impossible to do on the iphone and that's that
    Objective criticisms are needed for any work to have value. If this is supposed to emulate a mac, then do it right.

Shadows, for instance, are easy to add. Just use the shadow FX in Photoshop and WHAMMO! Instant Shadow and it looks better. That's just one of many improvements that need to be made before this can even think of being a replacement or emulation.

Quote Originally Posted by therealduckie View Post
    Does he actually own a Mac? I doubt it. There are so many problems with this theme, I don't know where to start--

1. Login screen buttons and alignment are completely off.
    2. The login screen looks NOTHING like the real one.
    3. What’s the point of having a login screen without an actual password input?
    4. My bet is that the user image on the login screen is his face and can’t be changed easily.
    5. None of the dialog windows have shadows and the font placement is way wrong.
    6. The menus (file, edit, etc) are all stretched and aren’t app specific.
    7. The menus don’t go away unless you click something else.
    8. The real ‘Stacks’ in the dock would show all the icons in the folder as a group while on the dock…not the arrow.
    9. the Dock items are too far apart and the reflections don’t all match.
    10. The dock is not able to be configured.
    11. ‘Finder’ or ‘HD’ “windows” do not show any file system and are only there for show.
    12. HD icon should be ‘Macintosh HD’
    13. Trash does nothing, so it’s wasted space.
    14. Launching an app opens it in the wrong direction. (Not all apps can turn/adjust to the angle of the device)
    15. If you’re going to emulate a Mac, at least change ‘Pictures’ to ‘iPhoto’…or else change the icon to the Pictures folder.
    16. Stacks are not configurable. No drag and drop support. Pointless since you have no control over what you want to put in it.
    17. Finder Menu (File, edit, etc) is missing to items: 'Finder' a‘Window’ and ‘Help’
    18. missing shadows for open Finder windows.
    19. Missing shadow AND transparency on the Finder bar.
    20. Menu images were taken from Snow Leopard, not Leopard. (why do they have shadows but the bar doesn’t?)
    21. Menu items are completely wrong. Preferences, for instance, would be in the Apple Menu.
    22. No working Apple Menu.
    23. Why is the only link on his page a donation link?
    24. Why does the Games folder disappear when you click the Stack? That makes no sense.
    25. Lots more I don't have time to point out.

Apple’s GUI guidelines are very specific. I have studied them for over 15 years and I know every nuance. This is FAR from being usable. iPhone OS is more usable than this. I know. I made the Leopard UI theme in Cydia and it was difficult just to emulate what little I was able to accomplish.

This is the best I was able to accomplish with the limitations offered by iPhone OS 3.0:

http://i26.tinypic.com/xehatx.png

Look, I know he wants to be the guy who fills the missing niche, but I highly doubt he is a real mac user. Also, basing an entire theme on HTML is bad for the battery AND cpu. Just sayin'
    wow ur post is funny...remeber its an IPHONE not a Mac! this is an amazing theme who no one thought could be done...its not ganna be perfect but the maker trys his best...wow

That's what i am saying
    ITS AN IPHONE
    Again,
    please do your own leopard theme and see how it compares. Objective criticism is fine when you are not proposing it in the attitude that you are doing it in.
    And it is not an EMULATION of mac
    Do you know what an emulation means? That means running Mac on an iphone. He is merely making a THEME
    Storm Shadow

iPhone? More like MyPhone PlatoTheForms's Avatar
    Thanks

where can i download this theme? or do i have to donate first?

Quote Originally Posted by PlatoTheForms View Post
    where can i download this theme? or do i have to donate first?
    You can get 1d for free, but you must donate to get 2a.

AND
    the stacks that Pear uses is called SPRINGJUMPS
    Not the actual stack app
    You can't turn that landscape

News flash for you. And who says newb...? What are you 6?

I saw your design and its not closest to leopard. Drop down menus? No. And wheres YOUR lockscreen?

LOL
    What are you talking about. You open the html and replace one user pic. That's all. And also, it does not take 45 minutes to set up. According to users, it takes 10

Btw, you should do your research, at least i know the limitations of an iphone THEME not an EMULATION

"Look, I know he wants to be the guy who fills the missing niche, but I highly doubt he is a real mac user."

False assumption, no concrete proof
    Last edited by victorliao; 2009-09-07 at 03:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Storm Shadow

iPhone? More like MyPhone PlatoTheForms's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wyndwarrior View Post
    You can get 1d for free, but you must donate to get 2a.
    where is 1d?

Quote Originally Posted by victorliao View Post
    That's what i am saying
    ITS AN IPHONE
    Again,
    please do your own leopard theme and see how it compares. Objective criticism is fine when you are not proposing it in the attitude that you are doing it in.
    And it is not an EMULATION of mac
    Do you know what an emulation means? That means running Mac on an iphone. He is merely making a THEME

Do any of you people read the posts or just jump to conclusions on your own?

I HAVE MADE A THEME. How many times and ways must I say it. It's the most downloaded Leopard theme on Cydia (Leopard UI)

Emulation isn't just emus like NES or BOCHS...the term can also be used for themeing. I started Aqua-Soft in 1999, ran the first OS X on an Intel (Rhapsody) and have been themeing for 15 years so I know a thing or 2 about emulation.

and "WAHHHHH!!! IT'S AN IPHONE" is no excuse for laziness.

YOU are the one who doesn't read posts
    I ackknowledged that you made a theme but that theme LOOKS like it's just 8 icon dock....nosprinjumps or drop down menus
    now that is not close to pears

And do you not uderstand? THERE ARE THINGS THAT ARE NOT POSSIBLE
    such as landscape stacks
    that's why he resorted to SPRINGJUMPS
    a portrait theme on the other hand
    Can implement stacks the app

....jesus
    Last edited by victorliao; 2009-09-07 at 04:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by PlatoTheForms View Post
    where is 1d?
    http://lopeard.com/downloads/wmdke39JH3uJHwu3802.zip <<<< for the BETA 1d

That rant was absolutely ridiculous. If you now how to build themes than configure this to your specifications like I did lol. Check out my sig...I changed the dock, wallpaper, icons, etc...I merged my current Macbook 3.1 theme with it as well so I have all of my other UI options.

I read through all of your complaints and every single one is unjust. If you do not know how to configure this then you probably shouldn't bother until the final is released. This is a beta, remember???

Also, there is ZERO lag on the 3GS....This was intended to be 3GS theme to begin with, not a 3G theme. Now that is is available for both devices you would expect a lag on the 3g. This theme uses between 40-60 mb of my available memory on 3GS...what would you expect on the 3G man...
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Banned
    Thanks

Does he actually own a Mac? I doubt it. There are so many problems with this theme, I don't know where to start--

1. Login screen buttons and alignment are completely off.
    2. The login screen looks NOTHING like the real one.
    3. What’s the point of having a login screen without an actual password input?
    4. My bet is that the user image on the login screen is his face and can’t be changed easily.
    5. None of the dialog windows have shadows and the font placement is way wrong.
    6. The menus (file, edit, etc) are all stretched and aren’t app specific.
    7. The menus don’t go away unless you click something else.
    8. The real ‘Stacks’ in the dock would show all the icons in the folder as a group while on the dock…not the arrow.
    9. the Dock items are too far apart and the reflections don’t all match.
    10. The dock is not able to be configured.
    11. ‘Finder’ or ‘HD’ “windows” do not show any file system and are only there for show.
    12. HD icon should be ‘Macintosh HD’
    13. Trash does nothing, so it’s wasted space.
    14. Launching an app opens it in the wrong direction. (Not all apps can turn/adjust to the angle of the device)
    15. If you’re going to emulate a Mac, at least change ‘Pictures’ to ‘iPhoto’…or else change the icon to the Pictures folder.
    16. Stacks are not configurable. No drag and drop support. Pointless since you have no control over what you want to put in it.
    17. Finder Menu (File, edit, etc) is missing to items: 'Finder' a‘Window’ and ‘Help’
    18. missing shadows for open Finder windows.
    19. Missing shadow AND transparency on the Finder bar.
    20. Menu images were taken from Snow Leopard, not Leopard. (why do they have shadows but the bar doesn’t?)
    21. Menu items are completely wrong. Preferences, for instance, would be in the Apple Menu.
    22. No working Apple Menu.
    23. Why is the only link on his page a donation link?
    24. Why does the Games folder disappear when you click the Stack? That makes no sense.
    25. Lots more I don't have time to point out.

Apple’s GUI guidelines are very specific. I have studied them for over 15 years and I know every nuance. This is FAR from being usable. iPhone OS is more usable than this. I know. I made the Leopard UI theme in Cydia and it was difficult just to emulate what little I was able to accomplish.

This is the best I was able to accomplish with the limitations offered by iPhone OS 3.0:

Look, I know he wants to be the guy who fills the missing niche, but I highly doubt he is a real mac user. Also, basing an entire theme on HTML is bad for the battery AND cpu. Just sayin'

Thank you

BTW

Mac Pro (Tiger), 2x cinema 20'' Display, mac keyboard, iPod nano, iPhone 2G, iPhone 3Gs
    AND getting a Macbook pro next week

NO I do not have a mac... I have many macs
    Last edited by Pear-phone; 2009-09-07 at 08:00 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Pear-phone For This Useful Post:

bishopazrael (2009-09-09)

Wow...someone needs a life..no way am I gonna sit down at my computer and pick apart someone's theme. I could understand if you actually had the theme and had a list of complaints, but it seems to me that you simply drew your conclusions from an old beta or just pictures...sad

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Kevyncito For This Useful Post:

bishopazrael (2009-09-09)

Does he actually own a Mac?Yeah. I doubt it.Because you stalk him? I dont think so. There are so many problems with this theme like?, I don't know where to start from the top.--

1. Login screen buttons and alignment are completely off. How do you know, you said Mac's dont have a lockscreen, and, besides, what is the "correct" alignment.
    2. The login screen looks NOTHING like the real one. "" "" If a mac doesn't have a lockscreen, how does it look NOTHING like the real one. Plus, who said this was a direct replica?
    3. What’s the point of having a login screen without an actual password input?Because it looks good? Oh wait.
    4. My bet is that the user image on the login screen is his face and can’t be changed easily.Um, replace a simple png?
    5. None of the dialog windows have shadows and the font placement is way wrong.OH NOES! NO SHADOEZ!!1! THE FONT IS OUT BY 3 PIXELZ!!!1! COLL DA INTERNET POLIZE!!
    6. The menus (file, edit, etc) are all stretched and aren’t app specific.It's stretched because of the iPhone system, and unless you can find something that IS app specific, then I don't see your point.
    7. The menus don’t go away unless you click something else. ORLY! Pear, please implement the second you press the menu, it dissapears, because that what a REAL mac doez.
    8. The real ‘Stacks’ in the dock would show all the icons in the folder as a group while on the dock…not the arrow.Sorry, but this feature isn't avaliable in landscape.
    9. the Dock items are too far apart and the reflections don’t all match.O NO. TOO FAR APART! NOW HOW WILL I MISS CLICK MY ICONS! And the shiny icons dont look normal, my iPod is ruined!
    10. The dock is not able to be configured. So? It works how it workes.
    11. ‘Finder’ or ‘HD’ “windows” do not show any file system and are only there for show.Sorry, I don't think you can implement a file system shower in there. I think thats for placement for icons? Maybe?
    12. HD icon should be ‘Macintosh HD’ Whoops, forgot the HD can't be renamed!
    13. Trash does nothing, so it’s wasted space.its actually a quick way to get back to the main screen.
    14. Launching an app opens it in the wrong direction. (Not all apps can turn/adjust to the angle of the device)not his fault, duh.
    15. If you’re going to emulate a Mac, at least change ‘Pictures’ to ‘iPhoto’…or else change the icon to the Pictures folder. If your going to have good and quick memory, Pictures is easier to remember than iPhoto. And newbs would go wtf at the sight of iPhoto.
    16. Stacks are not configurable. No drag and drop support. Pointless since you have no control over what you want to put in it. I think its for maximum aethetics.
    17. Finder Menu (File, edit, etc) is missing to items: 'Finder' a‘Window’ and ‘Help’ What, want more clutter? Does it really matter? They wont be in use anyway.
    18. missing shadows for open Finder windows. You already said this.
    19. Missing shadow AND transparency on the Finder bar. oh come on. whats the shadow going to do. plus you repeated this around 3 times.
    20. Menu images were taken from Snow Leopard, not Leopard. (why do they have shadows but the bar doesn’t?) four times.
    21. Menu items are completely wrong. Preferences, for instance, would be in the Apple Menu. OH NO!
    22. No working Apple Menu. Whats a apple menu? o.o I never use this on my mac.
    23. Why is the only link on his page a donation link? Dont forget the news link! plus what does this have to do with the theme.
    24. Why does the Games folder disappear when you click the Stack? That makes no sense.Because it's changing screen?
    25. Lots more I don't have time to point out. Come on, you had 15 years to study the GUI guidelines, you can have 5 more minutes to list this.

Apple’s GUI guidelines are very specific, and annoying. I have studied them for over 15 years(did you have fun wasting 15 years studing pointless guidelies? and I know every nuance and cranny. This is FAR from being unusable. iPhone OS is more usable than this uh, this IS using the iPhone OS. I know know what.. I made the Leopard UI theme in Cydia congratulations! and it was difficult just to emulate what little I was able to accomplish. because you were busy waisting 15 years studing those guidelines? I dont think it took 15 years too make them.

Not that hard. One background, a few iBlanks, two springbacks (or categories or other) a menu? I think (springbacks, or categories or other.) and a 8 icon dock with a few cusomized icons. WOW IM AMAZED!!!!
    Look, I know he wants to be the guy who fills the missing niche and he is, but I highly dont doubt he is a real mac user. Also, basing an entire theme on what? it only uses html for the lock screen. HTML is bad for the battery AND cpu. Just sayin' I have never used this theme, and if I have, I spent 5 minutes and went back to my one because this one was too awsome.
    Answers in bold. Critizize me about my grammer/spelling and I will mark you as a trole.

therealduckie

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Do any of you people read the posts or just jump to conclusions on your own?

I HAVE MADE A THEME. How many times and ways must I say it. It's the most downloaded Leopard theme on Cydia (Leopard UI)

Emulation isn't just emus like NES or BOCHS...the term can also be used for themeing. I started Aqua-Soft in 1999, ran the first OS X on an Intel (Rhapsody) and have been themeing for 15 years so I know a thing or 2 about emulation.

and "WAHHHHH!!! IT'S AN IPHONE" is no excuse for laziness.
    ...are you retarded? It's a THEME as in it is made to have a similar feel to that of Mac OS X Leopard. Just to clarify, theme is defined as "a unifying or dominant idea, motif, etc., as in a work of art" so in no way shape or form is Pear-phone expected to perfectly emulate the OS X GUI on the iPhone, he's merely expected to deliver a product that helps to give a familiar feel between the iPhone and Mac OS X. Stop complaining just 'cause people give more attention to his less "correct" theme than they do to yours.

btw. what font is being used in the dropdownmenu's, whatthefont says five wagner, can anyone confirm this, i want to make my own icons

there are psd's included.
    edit: anyway to get mobilesms.app and mobilephone.app, it's sorta hard to apply a theme without these two apps.
    Last edited by snowl; 2009-09-07 at 01:59 PM.

in 1d too?

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast