Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: **PREVIEW** Themes Perfected - Introducing iShiv beta

Default **PREVIEW** Themes Perfected - Introducing iShiv beta
    Hey, this is my first theme. I pretty much edited everything from the original homehd theme created by lauro and added my own touch. The buttons on the bottom and the top can be pushed to direct you to the corresponding page. This theme is designed to organize your iphone into 8 categories. Most icon packs can go with this theme, the ones in the picture are from the illumine icon pack which is my favorite so far.

** THIS THEME IS NOT YET COMPLETE BUT IM POSTING IT FOR YOUR OPINIONS SINCE IM NOT SURE WHAT TO DO WITH THE HOME SCREEN YET **

What do u think? any changes i should make? I will be uploading the zip file shortly after im finished.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0014.png  
    Last edited by shivraj; 2009-08-24 at 10:02 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default ...
    the theme looks great, but I think it would look greater if you change the picture of the phone in the phone page...

Quote Originally Posted by smlukkie View Post
    the theme looks great, but I think it would look greater if you change the picture of the phone in the phone page...
    haha ya ill think about it. that is the first cell phone i used so the picture has sentimental value, might make 2 versions for the phone page tho.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I like the icons your using for the top and bottom (spring jumps?)

Any way to incorporate the same types for the other pages? Leave the banner icon for the page name that looks good.

I agree with the picture of the phone being changed hehe

Other than that, it looks good!

BTW I love that clock, can I get it?

Quote Originally Posted by memnoch_thedevil View Post
    I like the icons your using for the top and bottom (spring jumps?)

Any way to incorporate the same types for the other pages? Leave the banner icon for the page name that looks good.

I agree with the picture of the phone being changed hehe

Other than that, it looks good!

BTW I love that clock, can I get it?
    Ya they are spring jumps, all the pages have the same springjumps. I dont quite understand what u mean by "any way to incorporate the same types for the other pages?" if you are talking about the icons i have for on all the pages like phone, mms, cydia, etc.. by illumine, thats just temporary and ill be changing the icons to something that matches the springjumps and overall theme.

ill change the phone background to something else. ill attach the clock when i have time, but just to let you know, the apple is in the background image and i lined up the clock onto the background. But i can send u the picture and the clock if ud like.

Thanks for our feedback.
    Last edited by shivraj; 2009-08-24 at 12:11 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shivraj View Post
    Ya they are spring jumps, all the pages have the same springjumps. I dont quite understand what u mean by "any way to incorporate the same types for the other pages?" if you are talking about the icons i have for on all the pages like phone, mms, cydia, etc.. by illumine, thats just temporary and ill be changing the icons to something that matches the springjumps and overall theme.

ill change the phone background to something else. ill attach the clock when i have time, but just to let you know, the apple is in the background image and i lined up the clock onto the background. But i can send u the picture and the clock if ud like.

Thanks for our feedback.
    Ya you got it, the icons on the spring jumps is what I meant. Match the rest of the theme with similar icons. Sure I'd like the clock, I can make it a live clock icon maybe, or put in in the background of the theme I hashed together. Thanks. Would love to try this out when you are done :P

Very cool look! I like this better than lauro's original theme as this allows for more icons per page.

Can we change the image you have chosen to be the background image for the particular page? i.e. the phone, the giant safari icon on the network page etc?

Can we have icon labels?

How many icons will fit on a particular page? Is it easy to make more pages if we need more?

Can we put the time back in the status bar instead of using that Apple logo?

Can the home screen be user configurable to put your most used applications in?

Keep up the great work!
    Last edited by exNavy; 2009-08-25 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    Very cool look! I like this better than lauro's original theme as this allows for more icons per page.

Can we change the image you have chosen to be the background image for the particular page? i.e. the phone, the giant safari icon on the network page etc?

Can we have icon labels?

How many icons will fit on a particular page? Is it easy to make more pages if we need more?

Can we put the time back in the status bar instead of using that Apple logo?

Can the home screen be user configurable to put your most used applications in?

Keep up the great work!
    lol wow thats a lot of questions. here goes..

1. you can change the image in the background, i will attach the photoshop docs with the theme... all u have to do is deleted the original backbround, find your own, send the picture to the back and set opacity (around 50-60)

2. I turned off icon labels from winterboard, so yes u can have icon labels

3. You can put more pages after the "games page". The only thing is that there will not be a page jump to those pages, and you would have to finger slide to view them, but yea.. u can keep going. Mostly likely you will not need them because the apps section has an apps folder, and the games section has a games folder.

Since the pages jumps for apps, media, social, and games take up icon space for the first row in every page, the most optimal number of icons per page is 8. In other words, u have 8 pages that can fit 8 icons each, plus as many icons as u want in the pages following the games folder.

4. My status bar phone color is black, thats why it doesnt show, but ill will change that to white.

5. The home screen is meant for users to configure it any way they wish. It is for your most used icons or ur favorite icons. I havent finish the home screen yet, but i think i will leave it for users to decide.

I am working on a different and better looking theme since this theme seems outdated to me, especially with the new 8 icon dock. this theme works perfectly, but i dont think i will be trying to improve it anymore than i already have. If u guys want it, let me know and i will attach it .. its easily configurable and you can change it however u please..
    Last edited by shivraj; 2009-08-25 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hey,
    I love it exactly how it is. I've been looking for a theme that didn't need a specific icon pack and this one is exactly what I wanted.
    Can't wait for download.

I'd like to get this theme as it is now also. I've been looking at those landscape themes, but they are just too much of a PITA to setup and maintain. This theme is the next best thing to me.

hmmmm.. looks good.. i think the pictures in the bg are kind of distracting.. maybe something a little less subtle..

Are you still releasing this? This theme is a lot more appealing to me than any other theme in this forum section.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    very clean and simple, I love it. But its missing something, maybe a frame for the docks and the title bar would be perfect.

well done.

Once i finish the current theme im working on, i will finish up and release this theme. i dont want to release it unfinished. wont be long.

What's up with this theme?