Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: We The People: You decide!

Default We The People: You decide!
    I know theres a bunch of people out there with great ideas but can't theme very well, well heres your chance to suggest what You! want to be in a theme. Post your ideas or concepts below and i will take most of the best ideas and put them into a poll and the ones everyone likes best will be what i will use while making this new theme.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -uncle_sam.jpg  
    Last edited by Ajblue7; 2009-08-23 at 08:37 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

One of the coolest things that I found in an theme is in a theme called Tenuis. The creator has added several UIImages that automatically change every stock icon to it's theme style. Ending the need for icon requests, theme having icons that do not match etc.

Thats exactly what i was thinking so basically once the theme is done there is no need for added support its good to go.

is that done w/ those built in overlays that crops off corners and adds the glare on top?

Yes it is

this must be a bad idea no ones replying >.>
    Last edited by Ajblue7; 2009-08-24 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ajblue7 View Post
    Yes it is

this must be a bad idea no ones replying >.>
    Keep in mind that it is Sunday night. Many people are not even looking on the weekend. Give it a week, and then you will know if people are interested or not. I do love the idea of a theme that automatically changes the icons. That would be about the coolest thing since the ability to theme was made possible. I have been too busy to even think of what I would like to add as far as features go in a theme, but I'll think of something I'm sure.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 1hihum For This Useful Post:

Ajblue7 (2009-08-24)

Well, if you want an answer, I do think it's a bad idea. Just look at the Tenius theme that has been done that way. It looks just okay for about 25% of the stock icons and from meh to absolutely terrible for the rest. The reason for that is that many app developers actually try to make more interesting versions of their icons with rims and borders (still within the stupid rounded rectangles that Apple mandates). So the UIImages approach with icon masks really will screw up many of those icons. In addition, many of the native icons plain simply suck and would benefit from a more original approach. Just my 2 cents having looked at the Tenius approach. But why don't you first install Tenius and see for yourself...
    Come visit AlohaSoft

I will try it, but its possible to create something that looks great and be applied to every theme too! take a look at illumined, it has lots of mainly used icons done with custom images, then for all the new apps and undone ones it has a overlay that illumines it in just white which works well.

I hope you come with some good ones, you and any other theme creators are welcome to jump on board. Graphic designers are welcome too. Because this themes about the people so if possible just one person shouldn't be the creator.
    Last edited by Ajblue7; 2009-08-24 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost