Page 272 of 325 FirstFirst ... 172222262270271272273274282322 ... LastLast
Results 5,421 to 5,440 of 6493

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [RELEASE] iSatin

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    The icons you are replacing, are you using the correct icons? the ones in the screenshot look small, like you might have not use the springboard icon, perhaps you used a categories icon. Try switching and see if that helps.
    I thought about that, and yes you are correct for some. I tried out both the springboard icons and the categories icons, so they are mixed up in that screenshot. Either way they ended up pretty much the same way.

I have thought of another possibility, I put some new colored "notification" templates into iRealSMS to give me blue text boxes. When I did that they also changed all my notification boxes on the phone to the navy blue theme, which I liked. Anyway, they include a little half-mooned shape / tint to them starting at the top of the box going down about halfway. I don't know if it comes from them or elsewhere. I removed the theme from they iRealSMS directory and unchecked it from WinterBoard. But the navy blue coloring/theme is still there in my quickreply text boxes, etc. I don't know if this is normal anymore or not, they used to be black. Just out of curiousity, I am including a screenshot of my lockscreen. If you look close you will see the half-moon shape/tinting in the weather box. Is this normal? The same thing is showing up in my icons and now I don't remember if they always were or not.

... Never mind... I just took a look at my old iPhone (wife uses it as a Touch) and the icons do include that shape/tinting. I'm getting old, memory is going. I didn't look until after I posted this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo.jpg  
    Last edited by vipr; 2010-01-16 at 08:09 PM.

Well I figured out how to change the background for the settings and cydia. But I am still having problems with my icons. Some of my icons are not working but I have the icons for them. This may be a stupid question and sorry I am such a noob (I'm trying ) but do I need to put the icons in the master theme or the slave theme?? Also is there something I have to do to make the icons in the categories work?? I have several of the icons for several apps I have in my categories and a few of them are working but several are not. I got the icons from the icon pack. I would really appreciate any help.
    Last edited by CorkyTechGeek; 2010-01-16 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Figured it out myself

I've given up on my icon problem for now, at least for the most part. I do have one request, the screenshot that I show below is of my home screen. Daylite Touch is my most used app (PIM) so I wanted it on the home screen in the text app location. I use iRealSMS and activate it usually from the volume switch so I don't need it on the home screen. Is there any way to make an icon that blends in with the silver backgound? One that would be the normal app size so it wouldn't leave a black box around it (see previous posts)?

I tried to attach the actual icon with this but for whatever reason it does not show up when I attach it. I did run it through "FixPngDropplet.app" to convert it first. I don't care what the new icon looks like as long as it is different from the others. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have no idea how to make an icon, nor do I have the software to do so.

If not I can live with it the way it is. Maybe I will be able to find an icon somewhere that would blend in better.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

thanks for the great work
    i tried seraching this thread

but i can not get my weather to work
    my zip code is 98444

i opened up the configureme.js
    but dont know where to put it in

can someone help?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by realesthomie View Post
    thanks for the great work
    i tried seraching this thread

but i can not get my weather to work
    my zip code is 98444

i opened up the configureme.js
    but dont know where to put it in

can someone help?

thanks
    I have the spot in Bold below:

// The location field should be a relatively machine-legible string
    // if using the default, Apple/AccuWeather parser (originally from Leopard's Weather.wdgt)
    var locale = "14217" //e.g. 'Defiance, Ohio'|'Moscow, Russia'|'Ledyard, AT'|'London, UK'

// Set to 'false' if you'd prefer Farenheit
    var isCelsius = false //true|false

// Use 'Real Feel' temperatures where possible, taking into account Wind Chill, Humidity etc.
    var useRealFeel = false //true|false

/*末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末*/
    //Enable Wallpaper and/or Lock Screen
    var enableWallpaper = true; //true|false
    var enableLockScreen = true; //true|false [Currently, it is suggested that the lockScreen is disabled.]

// Supplied styles are 'originalBubble', 'myopia', 'iconOnly' and 'split'.
    // (Add your own to the CSS folder!)
    var stylesheetWall = 'iCarbon' //'originalBubble'|'myopia'|'iconOnly'|'split'|'oneL ine'
    var stylesheetLock = 'IconOnly' //See above.

// The only supplied icon set is 'klear'
    // Images must follow the same naming schema as the 'springboard' set (borrowed from KWeather)
    var iconSetWall = 'springboard' //'springboard'|'Lockscreen'
    var iconExtWall = ".png" //'.png'|.'gif' etc.
    var iconSetLock = 'springboard' //See above.
    var iconExtLock = '.png' //See above.

/*末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末*/

// The other available source is 'yahooWeather' which for the 'locale'
    // requires a US zip or location code (e.g. UKXX0085 or CHXX0008) from Weather forecast, maps, news, alerts, and video on Yahoo! Weather
    var source = 'yahooWeather' //'appleAccuweatherStolen'|'yahooWeather'

// Please endeavour to set this to a sensible value if you really must change it...
    var updateInterval = 35 //Minutes

The file is located in:

/private/var/stash/themes/""your theme name here"/private/configMe.js

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vipr For This Useful Post:

Okur4 (2010-01-17), realesthomie (2010-01-16), zausser (2010-01-17)

Quote Originally Posted by atreinke View Post
    I took a look and found this file: appleiconoverlay.png

So, I went to Cydia and deleted the iBox theme. Then, using Disk Aid, I deleted the entire iBox directory from the phone since the folder was still there. No changes so far when I did a respring. Then I went into the Theme folder and removed everything that I wasn't using, did a respring, went back to the previous page on this thread here and downloaded the Gorillacam icons that were posted and replaced the ones on my phone. Did a respring and still no change. Then I deleted Gorrillacam completely, reinstalled it from the app store, replaced the icon again, resprung, no change. I rebooted the phone completely, redid that last steps and still no change.

I'm at a loss...

I still don't understand why some of the icons I replaced worked perfectly, and others wont.
    When the icons show the overlay like that and are small. It's because they were SSH to the incorrect root. You need to SSH the Icons to the theme icon Folder. Confirm that you SSH the icons to the correct path.

Quote Originally Posted by CorkyTechGeek View Post
    Well I figured out how to change the background for the settings and cydia. But I am still having problems with my icons. Some of my icons are not working but I have the icons for them. This may be a stupid question and sorry I am such a noob (I'm trying ) but do I need to put the icons in the master theme or the slave theme?? Also is there something I have to do to make the icons in the categories work?? I have several of the icons for several apps I have in my categories and a few of them are working but several are not. I got the icons from the icon pack. I would really appreciate any help.
    The icons can go int the Master or Slave theme. It's better to put all icons in the Master theme so if you change colors the icons are still in the master theme. As for your cat icons not showing. Confirm the spelling is correct (Cap sensitive) The icons in the icon pack may not be named correctly.
    Last edited by zausser; 2010-01-17 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I've given up on my icon problem for now, at least for the most part. I do have one request, the screenshot that I show below is of my home screen. Daylite Touch is my most used app (PIM) so I wanted it on the home screen in the text app location. I use iRealSMS and activate it usually from the volume switch so I don't need it on the home screen. Is there any way to make an icon that blends in with the silver backgound? One that would be the normal app size so it wouldn't leave a black box around it (see previous posts)?

I tried to attach the actual icon with this but for whatever reason it does not show up when I attach it. I did run it through "FixPngDropplet.app" to convert it first. I don't care what the new icon looks like as long as it is different from the others. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have no idea how to make an icon, nor do I have the software to do so.

If not I can live with it the way it is. Maybe I will be able to find an icon somewhere that would blend in better.
    Here you go
    If you like the work I did for you and would like to donate, here is a link.https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...if%3aNonHosted

I was putting them into the following:

(root) /user/Applications/072E....folder/ (and renaming them to the proper icon name for the app)

I just re-downloaded the GorillaCam icons that you had a few pages back and put into to the following location:

(root) /private/var/stash/Themes/Ovation[Z].theme/Icons/ (and renamed the png file correctly)

No change... (see screenshot below) still get the box around it. Am I going to the wrong place still???

I must be really missing something here, sorry for all the help requests. I even went as far as deleting the Ovation Z theme, deleting all remnants of it, and reinstalling and starting over.

Can I have a customized lockbackground with my name Teresa instead of the word carbon. I am using the ovation Z 2 (blue) theme.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

That is the correct path for all icons and mods made to the theme.((root) /private/var/stash/Themes/Ovation[Z].theme/Icons/ )
    You may want to start all over, being that you may have things in the incorrect folders that could be causing your problems. You may even have to restore to fix icon where you went into the applications folders to change, unless you can remember where you placed things.

I was putting them into the following:

(root) /user/Applications/072E....folder/ (and renaming them to the proper icon name for the app)

I just re-downloaded the GorillaCam icons that you had a few pages back and put into to the following location:

(root) /private/var/stash/Themes/Ovation[Z].theme/Icons/ (and renamed the png file correctly)

No change... (see screenshot below) still get the box around it. Am I going to the wrong place still???

I must be really missing something here, sorry for all the help requests. I even went as far as deleting the Ovation Z theme, deleting all remnants of it, and reinstalling and starting over.
    They r probably mistitled in the icon folder. You need to check exact spelling spaces and caps r very important. You can make your icons wiggle and then hit the delete, a little window will pop up asking if you really want to delete app. The name of the app will be in that window, now just ssh and change the names in the icon folder to match. You should also download the iSatin icon pack 12, I believe, it is in the first post of the thread and put that in the same themes folder and have it checked on in winterboard. I move my new icons and edit names in the icon pack folder because there are more icons.
    Last edited by Okur4; 2010-01-17 at 01:00 AM.
    If you like the work I did for you and would like to donate, here is a link.https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...if%3aNonHosted

Zausser,

first of all thanks for these themes! I have carbon installed with some minor custom tweaks.

Is it possible to get you to customize this so I can have a page labeled "WORK" and a page labeled "MEDICAL"?

I tried messing around with it a bit but my skills suck.

Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -page1.png  

Okur4 - Thank You!! I love the icons, perfect color, and lightning fast too!

Zausser - Just as an example that I MUST be doing something wrong (and feel free to give up on me now...) I just took the icon from Okur4 and put it in the following:

(root) /private/var/stash/Themes/Ovation[Z].theme/Icons/

...and there was no change to the screen, still had the original yellow icon.

I then put it in the following:

(root) /user/Applications/03CA466CC...13EBE242B5/Daylite.app

... and then the icon changed on the screen to the following screenshot below: (still get the black box around it....)
    Last edited by vipr; 2010-01-17 at 01:02 AM.

Okur4:

Thank You! I just did exactly as you said and got the correct name, then went back to the posted Gorillacam icon and put it in the theme folder and it worked perfect!

Thanks, now on to figure out why the Daylite one didn't work...

Zausser - you were also right, I was going to the wrong directories..

16. The Following User Says Thank You to vipr For This Useful Post:

zausser (2010-01-17)

Got it (Daylite icon).

Thanks again for all your help.

I have put the remaining icons here that I need if you guys get some free time. Just out of curriosity, where do the categories icons go?

The icons are as follows:

Clinometer
    DeepFish
    Dictionary
    ibisMail
    iDb
    Trails
    WorldCard
    WW

For whatever reason, when I ran them through FixPngDroplet it changed the colors from light blue to brownish on the ibisMail, iDb, WorldCard, and WW. And the Trails was brownish and it turned light blue. ??

And, the icon for DeepFish is there but once again does not show up..?

Thanks again!!

I think it would be fantastic if you could light up the icon at bottom showing what page your on.
    Like you have the slight glow under the icon, any way you could put the same glow over the dark blue\shaded part of the icon giving it a lighting up effect when pressed? So just the picture in the icon glowed blue on the page your on...
    Im not great with photoshop but think ill give it a try...

*Edit

Heres an example of what I mean

But yer, now to get it to work :-/
    Bugger... dont think can show background image over icon...
    Is anyone even interested in this? lol

Is it even possible?
    Last edited by B3NJ1; 2010-01-18 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zausser View Post
    The icons can go int the Master or Slave theme. It's better to put all icons in the Master theme so if you change colors the icons are still in the master theme. As for your cat icons not showing. Confirm the spelling is correct (Cap sensitive) The icons in the icon pack may not be named correctly.
    Thank you. Good I put them all in the master. I have been going through the 300+ pages the past few days trying to figure stuff out first before I have to ask (I hate bugging people about things that are already posted) and saw the post by blkcadi suggesting to check the spelling so I did that they were all correct. Any other suggestions? Thank you for the help.

Anyone happen to know the correct name for the Text Expander icon (Xpandr)? I don't get a little "x" to allow me to almost delete it to get the name.... see below.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahjongace View Post
    Hi,

Refering to my previous posts, i've discovered the way to change my spring jump icons already. But i have another problem with the weather for this theme. any Pros out here can help?

I'm from Singapore and i've input the 2 below but none works

1) var locale = "ASI|SG|SN---|SINGAPORE" //e.g. 'Defiance, Ohio'|'Moscow, Russia'|'Ledyard, AT'|'London, UK'

//

2) var locale = "Singapore, Singapore" //e.g. 'Defiance, Ohio'|'Moscow, Russia'|'Ledyard, AT'|'London, UK'

//

Is this the correct way to edit the configuration file under /private folder??
    Hi can anyone help with regards to Singapore weather? =)

Anyone happen to know the correct name for the Text Expander icon (Xpandr)? I don't get a little "x" to allow me to almost delete it to get the name.... see below.
    Not sure of the correct name. But get cydelete from cydia that will allow you to get the name of any app...
    Neo Style by k.nitsua....early front runner for THEME OF THE YEAR

Now in a dead heat with liveOS c/o bluemetal....

Let us all welcome the newest fighter to the TOTY ring...iNavHD c/o reeco

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to creasy425 For This Useful Post:

vipr (2010-01-17), zausser (2010-01-18)

Page 272 of 325 FirstFirst ... 172222262270271272273274282322 ... LastLast