Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [PREVIEW] Real iPhone Dock

iPhone? More like MyPhone sTrAnGe mOdS's Avatar
    Thanks

Default [PREVIEW] Real iPhone Dock
    Here's a pretty neat concept I thought of when I was looking at the iPhone 3G dock at Walmart. Please give me feedback/more ideas! Maybe eventually i'll put it all into a complete theme
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -screenshot.png  

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Good effort but i personally dont like it.
    Hey dont post thanks if I helped you. There's a button for that.

iPhone? More like MyPhone West-'s Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by showstopper View Post
    Good effort but i personally dont like it.
    HaHa you didnt have to even post anything at all showstopper, even though I totally agree..........

Thanks

well how can i improve it then?
    me and my friends like it.. i know i could improve the graphics i just started it last night. thats why i put PREVIEW on my post not RELEASE

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JoelAlanDavis View Post
    well how can i improve it then?
    me and my friends like it.. i know i could improve the graphics i just started it last night. thats why i put PREVIEW on my post not RELEASE
    It needs some depth, right now its just a white box with a few lines on it, you need to add the curves and shadows that would really be there on the real thing.

Honestly it would be ALOT better if you rendered it in 3D. Right now it looks like it was done in MS Paint.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chefanim View Post
    It needs some depth, right now its just a white box with a few lines on it, you need to add the curves and shadows that would really be there on the real thing.

Honestly it would be ALOT better if you rendered it in 3D. Right now it looks like it was done in MS Paint.
    i would lol if he says "but it was"
    but i see what your getting at it does look a bit flat

maybe he could scan a dock??
    maybe??
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

Use gradients and no outlines, then it will pop.

iPhone? More like MyPhone njosnavelin's Avatar
    Thanks

Bit of a silly concept if you ask me. You're just playing on the fact that two iPhone things have the same name....and that's it. Not worth your time my friend. Sorry!
    When I said that I was 'king of forwards', you got to understand that I don't come up with this stuff. I just forward it along. You wouldn't arrest a guy who was just passing drugs from one guy to another?

Thanks

i JUST started using GIMP so take it easy ok? i dont know how to use gradients or anything yet. i need time to get used to using this. and this is a CONCEPT so if you dont like it, dont bother saying anything..

omg...! what is that ? a joke or what ? sorry bud nice try but i dont think this theme could ever be ''complete'' since else then the dock what you want to add ? earphone ? lol... i understand that your new to GIMP or anything but you should practice on something more useful than a dock that has 0 icone. im not here to say that your work sucks but just to let you know that i dont think anyone would use this theme..

sorry, but good try we need some new idea to come up with new theme !! continue your work, on something useful =)

at least he's trying.... not everyone's taste, but thats ok... keep it up Joel.

chris

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cmart4 For This Useful Post:

sTrAnGe mOdS (2009-08-15)

Yeah, I mean, I get it, I'm not laughing, but I get it, maybe if it looked a little better and you added in some functionality then it could have some potential but right now it's just a bad pun

Ooo I think I know what you're missing, change the name to iLiteralism and make the slider a deadbolt, have the background be a picture of a gymnastics springboard, and all of the app icons can be little pictures of mozzerella sticks and nachos and buffalo wings and stuff like that
    Last edited by fullsizeluxury; 2009-08-15 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

14. The Following User Says Thank You to fullsizeluxury For This Useful Post:

sTrAnGe mOdS (2009-08-15)

Quote Originally Posted by fullsizeluxury View Post
    Yeah, I mean, I get it, I'm not laughing, but I get it, maybe if it looked a little better and you added in some functionality then it could have some potential but right now it's just a bad pun

Ooo I think I know what you're missing, change the name to iLiteralism and make the slider a deadbolt, have the background be a picture of a gymnastics springboard, and all of the app icons can be little pictures of mozzerella sticks and nachos and buffalo wings and stuff like that
    I only get the pun of the springboard...

17. The Following User Says Thank You to iN2K For This Useful Post:

sTrAnGe mOdS (2009-08-16)

Thanks

ok when i get home ill edit it and try applying some gradients. I know i can make it look a lot better just give me some time. you might end up liking it