Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [PREVIEW] iNSPIRED

Lol yeh no rush I have the theme so take your time, all I need is icons and I made my own as placeholders till the next beta is out.

Quote Originally Posted by grassho View Post
    these are my new rotating homescreen images!! can anyone tell me how to change the transition between them? and im keeping the status bar portrait, how do i get the time back?

COuld you please share your homescreens with us.

Default Settings.app
    My settings icon disappeared - I know it's on my iPhone, and Poof as it enabled, but I cannot find it and all of the settings icons that I can touch to bring me to settings do not do so. Is anyone else having this problem? If so, how do I correct it?
    Modding Addict

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Has anyone tried this??
    enable your Bosspaper, and then your phone will get faster, but there will be a problem, the clock and calendar don't show up.
    can anyone fix this?

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,217 Times in 2,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smlukkie View Post
    Has anyone tried this??
    enable your Bosspaper, and then your phone will get faster, but there will be a problem, the clock and calendar don't show up.
    can anyone fix this?
    This will be fixed in the next update of BossPaper. I'm using it right now and it works fine.
    #eli7e revived me

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to k.nitsua For This Useful Post:

crzyital7404 (2009-09-15), slidingmike (2009-09-16)

Dude, WE ABSULOTELY NEED 3.0 For this theme , bcuz BossPaper only works on 3.0 lol, write that in 1st post , I'm gonna update the second the ipod touch version comes out, it's totally worth it, and I think i'm gonna set up portrait when that comes out too

Thanks

Status update tonight when I get home from work
    #eli7e revived me

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to k.nitsua For This Useful Post:

crzyital7404 (2009-09-15), iPouria (2009-08-29), slidingmike (2009-09-16)

Yay :d ,

So whats this Update gonna be about Austin? *Hoping for iPod Touch Version without KATS bcuz he rly doesn't care if he has to set it upp for like an hour bcuz its totally worth it *
    Last edited by iPouria; 2009-08-29 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Status Update:

Okay, ladies and gentlemen (mainly gentlemen, it's like sausage-fest up in here, yeesh), you've all had several days to mess with the beta version of iNSPIRED and had your questions, comments, criticisms, praises, etc.

The response has been HUGE, and, unfortunately, a little overwhelming for little ol' me. So I decided to wait a few days, let the comments flourish, then address them all at once.

I have read all the threads concerning this theme, jotting down all the icon requests, and attempt to troubleshoot when I can.

I wrote all the things I want to address in a list, and I'll address them in such a manner. I'll write the issue from a third person point of view, and then proceed to answer them. Let's begin:

Memory Issue
    Quote Originally Posted by Memory Issue
    iNSPIRED is a small theme in size, yet it still hogs a lot of memory, especially after an extended period of time.
    • I knew this first version would be a little more memory intensive than I wanted, and that is because in place of "BossPaper", I'm using an HTML wallpaper - which uses javascript which is RAM INTENSIVE and, because it is ram intensive and runs in the background and even when the phone is on sleep, is BATTERY DRAINING as well. Beta 2.0 will alleviate this issue because I will be able to use "BossPaper".

BossPaper
    Quote Originally Posted by BossPaper
    Then why not use BossPaper now?
    • Because in its current form, BossPaper runs ON TOP of Winterboard, blocking out the Time & Date widgets. I brought this issue up to BigBoss and he has graciously fixed this issue and will update BossPaper soon. I am using the updated build and it works great, saves a lot of RAM and battery
    • So I suggest, be patient with the theme right now and wait for Beta 2.0 to come out to alleviate your RAM worries

Installation Methods
    Quote Originally Posted by Installation Methods
    I'm having a hard time installing the theme. Is this going to be the only way you can install this theme?
    • Despite my best attempts to create a detailed installation guide, there are still a few who have issues with installing this theme. This and for many other reasons, I decided to give 3 different options for installing this theme.
    • K.A.T.S. Method (K.Nitsua's Automatic Theme Setup)
      • This will still be the installation method of choice. I will fine-tune this method for future releases for both iDevices. I prefer this method because there is less of a chance for any mistakes and allows flexibility for the user as far as what is or isn't SSH'ed and installed into their iDevice.
    • iSetup
      • This installation method was developer by wyndwarrior and looks very promising. It is essentially the KATS method, but is nicely packaged into .deb file that can be installed through Terminal. As it is still a preliminary setup method, I will not be choosing this as the installation method of choice, but will allow it to be an option.
    • Standard Manual Installation
      • The standard, old fashion way. When all else fails, this method doesn't. I will requiring some adjustments to the springjump files to allow this, but it shouldn't be a problem. This is where users should go when the other two methods don't work out too well for them. The problem with this method, however, is that it is very time consuming

PSDs for Icons and Wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by PSDs for icons and wallpapers
    I want to create my own icons and wallpapers for homescreen. Where are the PSDs?
    • I am holding the PSDs until Beta 2.0 is released, maybe later. This is because I've made the fatal mistake before of releasing the PSDs too early. People were making icons for my theme and then I realized I want to change the look & size of the icons for the final release... whoops, too late, OVER 500 ICONS WERE MADE ALREADY BY OTHER PEOPLE. So, to be on the safe side, I want to hold onto these PSDs until I am SURE that nothing will changed. I already decided to change the current size of the icons to be 8 pixel smaller in length in order to fit better with the portrait version of the theme. So be patient. In the meantime, request 5 icons. I will be keeping track of them and fulfilling as much of them as possible through theme updates.

Homescreen Wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by Homescreen Wallpapers
    I want to have my own wallpapers for Homescreen. I also want to change the pictures you currently have on the wallpapers. What should I do in the meantime before you release the PSDs?
    • I will provide the original wallpapers in the next theme update for those with photoshop expertise to mess with.

Misaligned Icons
    Quote Originally Posted by Misaligned Icons
    The icons on my iDevice do not line up the way yours does in your screenshots
    • This is the most frequently asked question I get. There are two possible reasons behind this: Springjump page titles is still on - in which case turn it off in the GENERAL options in the springjump app; Fiveirows is still active - in which case, turn it off! Make sure you turn off Statuspadding as well

Theme Update Timeline
    Quote Originally Posted by Updates
    When will the next update be?
    • I will be updating the theme every week, 2 weeks at most. Each update will have at least 40 new icons.

Issues with Final Version
    Quote Originally Posted by iNSPIRED Final Installation Issue
    Will I need to do anything special to install the final version of iNSPIRED?
    • Unfortunately, I already know that I'll be making even of a change to the layout of the theme that it will require you guys to reinstall the theme from the beginning. This is the price to pay when you're using a beta though, so don't whine =P

Theme's got issues (Beta means BETA!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beta mean BETA
    Blah blah blah blah blah, whine whine whine whine whine, praise, whine whine whine, blah blah blah
    • There are bound to be issues with this theme, that is why I intelligently placed the label "Beta" after the title of the theme. Just PLEASE keep this in mind. I only wanted this Beta to initially go to like 20 people, but when I had the outpouring of over 300 requests for the Beta... well, I had to release it publicly - or else die a miserable death of incessant PMs that are designed to tear apart my soul.

Non-Landscape StatusBar
    Quote Originally Posted by Non-Landscape StatusBar
    I'm using the standard landscape statusbar due to [Insert App here]. The theme looks a little off, but it's cool.
    • Don't fret my non-conformist friend. I will make a mod to allow users to keep their standard statusbars and not sacrifice the look of the theme.

iNSPIRED Portrait
    Quote Originally Posted by iNSPIRED Portrait
    I saw the promo for iNSPIRED Portrait - when is it coming out?
    • I'm shooting to release this baby by Beta 1.5 - so in a few weeks.

BigBoss WebClip just won't go away!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss Icon
    Um, I keep seeing a BigBoss webclip and it won't let me delete it.
    • My bad. BigBoss icon was meant to be where the ZodTTD icon is but I changed my mind and went with Zod's. The credits page will use that icon in a future update, but right now - just delete it by SSH-ing into your iDevice and going to private/var/mobile/Library/WebClips and delete BigBoss.webclip

Change the ZodTTD icon
    Quote Originally Posted by ZodTTD Icon
    I want to replace the ZodTTD icon on the Favorites page.
    • No.
    • Jk... In the final version, that icon will be replaced with a link to my own site (donated by MacCiti). Hey, I need to get publicity somehow =P. ZodTTD's webclip (as well as others) will be placed on the CREDITS page.

Email Support Icon doesn't work
    Quote Originally Posted by Email Support Icon
    Um... the email support icon doesn't work.
    • Uh yeah, I know. It was meant as a placeholder because in the dock, that spot is to the More Settings page. However, it's kinda stupid putting a link to the More Settings page, on the More Settings page. So I came up with that idea. It's just a trick to maintain the clean look and usefulness of the theme.

Spotlight Theme
    Quote Originally Posted by Theming Spotlight
    Can you make Spotlight landscape?
    • No... Impossible. At least right now

Spotlight Icons
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotlight Icons
    The icons in Spotlight look weird. It only shows the corner of the icon.
    • I MIGHT do small icons (icon-small.png) in the final version... MIGHT. These will be shown in Spotlight.

iPod Touch Version
    Quote Originally Posted by iPod Touch Version
    I'm an iPod Touch user and am uber jealous of the iPhone users brandishing their iPhones with iNSPIRED installed. It's not fair, I say, NOT FAIR.
    • Don't fret my non-AT&T/T-mobile friend, the iPod Touch version should be released, at the latest, by next Wednesday (9-2-09). I'll be honest, I was lazy this week and needed a break. But I'll haul a** next week to get it to you guys. It should be installable via KATS and Manual installation.

StatusBar Time
    Quote Originally Posted by Statusbar Time
    You theme took away my statusbar time - I WANT IT BACK
    • Easy there on the Caps there, fella. Just download Make-It-Mine in Cydia and follow the instructions to get your time back, but be warned that the theme will look a little funny in the statusbar region if you do have a time there.

Future Layout Change
    Quote Originally Posted by Possible change in the Apps Page
    The navigation to this theme is PERFECT
    • Thank you. But I may be changing the layout of the apps page and place the springjump to applications to the top-left of the screen, and the springjump to games to the top-right. The jumps will look similar to the ones on the favorites pages. Not sure about this yet though, I'll provide screenshots of this upcoming change when I get to it. If this does occur, the change will take affect in the FINAL version

Badges
    Quote Originally Posted by Badges
    My badge is showing an exclamation mark instead of a number. Can you make it to where it shows the number of messages/mail/updates instead of the exclamation mark?
    • Yes, I could, but I'm not going to. Pear-phone showed this was possible in his theme Lopeard, but not without its limitations. His method is only effective if the number is between 1-9, and gets a little weird in the double digits. I don't want any blaring mistakes in the final version of my theme, so I'd rather go with consistency and keep the exclamation mark as an indicator that you have an update.

Non-Homescreen Version
    Quote Originally Posted by Non-Homescreen Version
    Is there a change that you'll create a version of iNSPIRED that doesn't have Homescreen?
    • After I finish everything else on my to-do list. I'll go ahead and create this version. But it isn't a priority.

Future Themes
    Quote Originally Posted by Future Themes
    Are you going to be making any themes after this one?
    • I actually have two in mind.
      • One is a theme built from scratch for PORTRAIT users. My themes so far have been built for landscape users and modified for portrait users. I would like to make a theme that was actually MEANT for the portrait user.
      • The other theme is an experimental concept theme, based off a poem I wrote called "Eroding Solipsism". I don't expect this theme to be very popular and is really just a challenge for me.

Hope I addressed everything that I needed to.
    #eli7e revived me

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to k.nitsua For This Useful Post:

crzyital7404 (2009-09-15), dakkota (2009-08-29), iPouria (2009-08-29), lopbird33 (2009-09-05), RvB80 (2009-08-29), slidingmike (2009-09-16)

Great! at least i prepared this compilation called MY BACKUP THEME so that I have a average theme until next Wednesday :P, GR8 IM THE FIRST TO READ THIS AND SAY THANKS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPouria View Post
    Great! at least i prepared this compilation called MY BACKUP THEME so that I have a average theme until next Wednesday :P, GR8 IM THE FIRST TO READ THIS AND SAY THANKS
    Seriously, I will hook you up this weekend. I need to test the "manual installation" guide with you as well as get the spbk file from ya.
    #eli7e revived me

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to k.nitsua For This Useful Post:

crzyital7404 (2009-09-15), slidingmike (2009-09-16)

Sure Thing, Ill be ready, cause i don't have A N Y T H I N G to do this weekend, so as soon as you send those files (whenever your ready, no rush) ima back up my save files and stuff, use aptbackup for my cydia apps, then ill update to 3.0 , Jailbreak it , then ill set your theme up manually, Make a springback out of it and send it to you , See i got it all planned out.

Longest post I have ever seen
    But great job and thanks for updating us

ok here are my 5 icon request:
    Nimbuzz
    Yellow Pages
    iMensies
    iForum
    Email Editor

THanks

Default icon request
    Love this theme, I even set it up manually, because I wanted it so badly!

Anyways, I'd like to see these icons added. Can't wait for the template though, I need so many xD

Orb Live
    Jaadu VNC
    LogMeIn
    LearnLink
    BlackBoard

nice updates, i see my question made it in lol. but you answered it already

Ok, so I waited to see what icon requests everyone else was going to ask for, but no one asked for anything i wanted

Here is my 5, sorry!
    Monopoly
    TapTap revenge - GaGa
    Cube Runner
    Shazam
    Lyrics+

Thanks! There really wasnt much wrong imo with the beta honestly..

Icon requests

MemTool
    Baseball Superstars '09
    TomTom
    Discovery Channel app
    Millionaire

Also, I think my question/ideas/queries got lost in the thread somewhere.

Just wandering if there is a way to get the Messages and Safari app to load in landscape by default (instead of waiting for the rotation).

And is there a way to get a landscape Phone app? That would be amazing.

Any any future plans on a full UI update...like custom iPod skin, Phone skin?

Not having any trouble with the beta. Only problem is the slight lack of Memory, but no crashes to Safe mode, so not that bad. But it does seem to make Safari hang a bit.

bump

Default help
    Hey nitsua! help me out plz, what do you use to compress you themes? any techniques? If you could help me out id appreciate it.

ps. plz send to me in a private msg because if its a reply i might not see it.thanks
    Last edited by Ajblue7; 2009-09-02 at 02:50 AM.

Thanks

[EDIT] Updated to 1.0b... look on first post
    Last edited by k.nitsua; 2009-09-01 at 09:01 PM.
    #eli7e revived me

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to k.nitsua For This Useful Post:

crzyital7404 (2009-09-15), slidingmike (2009-09-16), zero-x (2009-09-01)

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast