Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [METHOD] K.Nitsua's Automatic Theme Set-Up (KATS)

Thanks

Sweet. The main reason I've stayed away from some themes is the setup took way to long. I like instant gratification. This should solve that! Can't wait til you perfect this.

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,217 Times in 2,596 Posts

I hit a SERIOUS snag in this process. I have several methods to remedy this but the best way to fix my current issue is to delete the pre-made placeholders through springboard.

Problem is springboard won't let me permanently delete webclips that you SSH
    manually into your iDevice.

Any suggestions?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by k.nitsua View Post
    I hit a SERIOUS snag in this process. I have several methods to remedy this but the best way to fix my current issue is to delete the pre-made placeholders through springboard.

Problem is springboard won't let me permanently delete webclips that you SSH
    manually into your iDevice.

Any suggestions?
    Why Not Just Dump The Manually Inserted Webclips, And Not Use Them At All.
    Instead, Just Tell Us Exactly How Many Blank Webclips We need For The Theme To Function,
    And They Can Easily be Created, And Deleted Through The iBlank App Directly On the iPhone.
    Thus, The Problem Of The Webclips Not Being Permanently Deleteable is gone.

And As For The Place Holders, it's the same deal.
    Just Don't Use Them, As they Will Be Replaced By Our Own Apps And Games
    And Will Become A Useless Annoyance Afterwards Anyway?

This Is my Suggestion, Hope You Take it into consideration for the fix.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 224 Posts

ive been using springback for months...watch out....springback cud be VERY dangerous

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ebl4287 View Post
    ive been using springback for months...watch out....springback cud be VERY dangerous
    The new version of SpringBack fixed A LOT of those issues. I know what you mean when you say that it is dangerous. But this version has worked FLAWLESS for me. No need to have EXACTLY the apps that the springback file shows, also no need to have them hidden or unhidden as it will sort that out for itself.

Update:

I fixed the "snag" I hit earlier. It should work out now even better than before for the end-user, slightly more difficult for the theme developer though (but you guys knew the trouble you were getting into when developing themes =P).

Expect a new beta for you guys to test out tonight, hopefully. Depending on how much of a life I wish NOT to have tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by NormanRmrz View Post
    Why Not Just Dump The Manually Inserted Webclips, And Not Use Them At All.
    Instead, Just Tell Us Exactly How Many Blank Webclips We need For The Theme To Function,
    And They Can Easily be Created, And Deleted Through The iBlank App Directly On the iPhone.
    Thus, The Problem Of The Webclips Not Being Permanently Deleteable is gone.

And As For The Place Holders, it's the same deal.
    Just Don't Use Them, As they Will Be Replaced By Our Own Apps And Games
    And Will Become A Useless Annoyance Afterwards Anyway?

This Is my Suggestion, Hope You Take it into consideration for the fix.
    You just described the current manual takes-over-an-hour setup we all have grown to loathe. So... I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or sincere.
    Last edited by k.nitsua; 2009-07-25 at 05:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    #eli7e revived me

i had that problem too, SSH'd blanks(webclips) can't be deleted, when i try to delete them, it goes to safe mode, but there i can delete them, so maybe try that

if still needed

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    The new version of SpringBack fixed A LOT of those issues. I know what you mean when you say that it is dangerous. But this version has worked FLAWLESS for me. No need to have EXACTLY the apps that the springback file shows, also no need to have them hidden or unhidden as it will sort that out for itself.

Update:

I fixed the "snag" I hit earlier. It should work out now even better than before for the end-user, slightly more difficult for the theme developer though (but you guys knew the trouble you were getting into when developing themes =P).

Expect a new beta for you guys to test out tonight, hopefully. Depending on how much of a life I wish NOT to have tonight.

You just described the current manual takes-over-an-hour setup we all have grown to loathe. So... I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or sincere.
    Not necessarily.
    Because creating some blanks in iBlank is just about the same work as SSH'ing them. just a few button clicks.
    Then After That, you just use the K.A.T.S Method As Normal.
    Load Up The Springback file, and Apply iNitsua, And Its Done.

But If you say you've already worked out the kinks, then cheers to that!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NormanRmrz View Post
    Not necessarily.
    Because creating some blanks in iBlank is just about the same work as SSH'ing them. just a few button clicks.
    Then After That, you just use the K.A.T.S Method As Normal.
    Load Up The Springback file, and Apply iNitsua, And Its Done.

But If you say you've already worked out the kinks, then cheers to that!
    The problem with using SpringBack with iBlank icons is because iBlank icons are randomly named, therefore no SpringBack file will be alike.

Update:

Okay, so the method I decided to go with (placeholder-springjumps) worked out somewhat well. The springjump icons are that of the "replace with..." image, and this way, the user can go into "Poof" and hide those placeholders and immediately unhide the icons to replace them. Those apps should appear on the EXACT page they need to be on (if done right by the theme developer), after a few swipes and moves that page is ready.

The problem, "Page #" is STILL the title icon. I want it to be "(APP)" or "(GAME)". I tried changing the CFBundlename string, CFExecutable string, hell, even added a Title string. No dice. Any suggestions?

I guess what I'm asking is: IS THERE ANY WAY TO CHANGE THE ICON LABEL FOR SPRINGJUMPS TO SOMETHING OTHER THAN "PAGE #"?

Although this isn't ENTIRELY necessary, aesthetically-wise, it'll help.
    Last edited by k.nitsua; 2009-07-25 at 10:24 PM.
    #eli7e revived me

Thanks

No one has any suggestions?

No one has any suggestions?
    SpringJump has the ability to change the display names of the jump icons, so what if you create the jump icons you want to use as place holders and change the names to what you want (ie GAME, APP, NET APP) and then put those new files in the package you have people download

Yep exactly what LigerLuvr9210 said
    just tap the name in the jump icons page

I'm interested in beta testing this..
    Don't forget to say THANKS!

J.D.

Thanks

Jump icons won't let me change the labels still.
    #eli7e revived me

hmmm
    maybe u have to turn it off then back on lol. i mean they wouldn't add a function that doesnt work

try downloading rename from cydia.maybe that'll work . srry im just throwing out random ideas

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zero-x View Post
    hmmm
    maybe u have to turn it off then back on lol. i mean they wouldn't add a function that doesnt work

try downloading rename from cydia.maybe that'll work . srry im just throwing out random ideas
    Can't seem to find that app. I remember it from before, but I don't see it there now. What repo is it on?
    #eli7e revived me

Can't seem to find that app. I remember it from before, but I don't see it there now. What repo is it on?
    I think its "http://iphone.org.hk/apt/"

the Ifoneguide repo, and SOS Iphone Cydia both have it too(the two repo's are found under the section repositories)

just added iphone.org.hk/apt/ and that one has rename too
    Last edited by snka; 2009-07-30 at 10:05 AM.

Thanks

Hmm... it says I already renamed it. On the springboard it still says "Page 1". I wonder if what I renamed it will still apply with Winterboard icons (instead of "Page 1").

Ok guys, if THIS works... this sucker is getting released, as it is the ONLY thing holding the release back.
    #eli7e revived me

Thanks

This is coming out with my next release. I'll be sending beta developer packs to a few themers this weekend to use. Then a public release.
    #eli7e revived me

21. The Following User Says Thank You to k.nitsua For This Useful Post:

LigerLuvr9210 (2009-07-31)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast