Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [RELEASE] PRE-tentious with Daily Builds

awesome work .....please keep icons coming!!

wat about a chase icon....like the bank chase

I'm glad you're committed to daily builds...hopefully you can keep it up!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    can u do one for IM+,Skype,NAVIGON and install*&^s lease please please please please please lol, and ar3e u gunna be giving out a template and we can make our own icons for tuhis build? and if so how exactly do u do so
    Last edited by djbattaglia; 2009-07-26 at 01:47 AM.

just had an idea for the next build
    make a .psd for the "card" startup screens for the apps, so we can drop our own backgrounds in, just to make it look a little more realistic for those of us using custom backgrounds

also, heres my take on the theme
    I've always liked the blackberry icons, so thats what I'm using

the undocked icons are .pngs extracted from the blackberry storm software (so they're straight from blackberry), and the docked icons are the same, except using a border from the Blackberry Impression theme (the dock is also from the impression theme). It also includes elements from iElegance (the homescreen clock and some of the ui, like notification sheets, and the page1.png is a clear version of the wallpaper included in it)

if anyone is interested, i can post the icons, or the full theme (I call it PreBerry), and I can also include the original source files for the icons, if anyone wants to tinker a little bit (some of my icons, like categories, are a combination of a few icons, so I did do a little bit of work on them)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0056.png   -img_0057.png  

Really nice theme Mrpunku2, and thank you for the follow up you are giving. Hope your not going to do like EBL did with all his themes!! I love the work he's putting but he never finishes anything! Anyways, I just wanted to ask you if there is a reason why my title bar in the mail isn't rounded??? I don't know if it's because I have a first gen iPod Touch but it ain't workin!!

Keep up the good work!

And thank you again!

all new SBSettings is now up- http://sharebee.com/a1d7f382

Last edited by mrpunk2u; 2009-07-27 at 02:10 AM.

ok guys...after some work, I've managed to create a little kit to do what I suggested in the last post I made

Using this kit, you can create custom startup images in the Pre "cards" style for the applications using your own custom background

heres how to use it:

inside are 8 PSD files and a folder called bundles
    for the average person, all you have to worry about are the 6 files named after an application. Ignore the files called all inclusive and tools

open each file in photoshop, gimp, or a similar program.
    Take a screenshot of your homescreen (hold home and sleep/wake button together for a second), and import onto your computer. Open this in the same program
    drag the layer with your homescreen into each file, make it the bottom layer, and save each as Default.png (make sure its a .png file, NOT a PSD)
    make a copy of the image that is to be used for SMS and name the copy Default-smsanswer.png

now, in the bundles file, you'll see 6 other files. If you open each, you'll see an image I made. Replace this image with your own custom image in each file (the sms file will have 2 images)

make this a theme, and import via ssh. Drag it above pretentious in winterboard, and enable it. Now your custom images will show up. I suggest making this theme to include all your wallpaper files as well (lockscreen, wallpaper, the .html files, the .css files, and the layer images)
    this way, you could make several versions for different wallpapers, and can switch easily just by enabling the new one in winterboard

Hopefully that wasn't too confusing...I'm sure you'll need a little knowledge of how the theme file structure works to do this. Perhaps some people on here could assist others who are having trouble

Now, for the more advanced users (this isn't currently needed, but in the future, if you want to add more custom images to other apps, or if new ones are released in later builds, then you can use this to make the PSDs if I don't get around to doing them myself and releasing them)

in the file called tools.psd, there are 3 layers. One is called top bar. This is a layer that goes over top of any new ones you create and gets merged down (it creates the rounded edges)
    another layer is called layer mask. I used a layer mask (white, full opacity) to extract the backgrounds to allow custom ones, and this is the mask I used. You can use it to extract the background on other images.
    Test background is just that...a test background to look for stray pixels.

also, all inclusive.psd contains all 6 images in 1 file, each as a seperate layer. If you understand how to use layers at least a little, you can use this file instead of the 6 individual ones to make the process a little easier

here's screenshots, and of course, the actual file
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -default.png   -default-smsanswer.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by mrpunk2u View Post
    What other settings are in SBSettings to theme? Mine only shows a few...

mine shows 3G, bluetooth, brightness, processes, SSH, and wifi

I know there are others, and even some you can download

Great theme!!!
    Last edited by MJ23isback; 2009-07-26 at 09:22 AM.

Thanks

^No, I don't believe it is...
    Respect your elders.

it is on cydia i just downloaded it

Thanks

^What source? If it's there on MMi, I'm not seeing it...
    Respect your elders.

i dont think i added a sources to cydia try and search PREtentious and c if it comes up thats what i did

its under modmyi source
    Last edited by MJ23isback; 2009-07-26 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

OH, nowww it shows up; third try. Thanks, Cydia, for making me look like a nub.
    Respect your elders.

this is an awesome theme - please keep it going. thanks for the hard work!

Chris

Well...nobodys perfect!
    looks like I forgot a few

this new version has all of the new PSDs
    some of them have to go in "folders" instead of bundles
    you can see an example setup in the kit
    mobilemusicplayer needs 3 images (1 in bundles, called default, and 2 in folders, called Default-NowPlaying and Default-MediaPlayer)
    all the others in folders are new and need to be called default
    they're inside the .app folders (right click and choose show package contents to edit)

part II includes the new version of all inclusive.psd (in order to save filesize, I had to remove the individual PSDs) and the "folders" folder with example pngs

edit: having trouble getting it to upload
    I'll try again later
    Last edited by dccorona; 2009-07-26 at 08:04 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I do have to say this is the best I've done so far (yes i'm proud) - check first post for latest build
    Changes:
    Safari- url bar & loading, rounded top,
    Icons: Pandora, Safari updated
    sms: progress bar/fill
    volume up/down

Major Changes:
    now you can change insert your own Wallpaper.png (by SSH into theme) and it will automatically round the corners and shade the following 5 pages (to add more shaded pages, copy Page1.png and rename it Page6.png and so forth)

Lockscreen automatically adds rounded corners and shade (it does disable the battery charging screen but who really looks at that?)
    To add your own lockscreen, SSH into the main Pretentious theme and replace the LockBackground.png with your own 480x320 png (NOT JPG)

Phone-while in a call, the screen for speakers/mute/add call etc, is all new and quite pretty. Also the bottom row of the dialer is completely redone, and there is no longer a visible line underneath.

Tomorrow I will probably work on icons and add templates so you can make your own icons if you have 2 cents worth of photoshop skills
    When will you release on the template to make our icons?? I need a few;
    Hot 97
    Mlb
    Shazam
    Myspace
    Sportstap
    Remote
    Sirius XM
    Cheackbook

Quote Originally Posted by krazyrican20 View Post
    Hot 97
    Mlb
    Shazam
    Myspace
    Sportstap
    Remote
    Sirius XM
    Cheackbook
    Shazam - check
    Myspace - check
    Remote - check
    Sirius XM - check
    Attached Images Attached Images     

20. The Following User Says Thank You to mrpunk2u For This Useful Post:

krazyrican20 (2009-07-27)

Shazam - check
    Myspace - check
    Remote - check
    Sirius XM - check
    great icons!!
    can u please make pocket tuner, radiobox & sling icons..
    thanx

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast