Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [PREVIEW] iCONCEPT

Quote Originally Posted by wyndwarrior View Post
    iSetup For iConcept!

iSetup

iSetup is new way to install and setup iNav themes and other hard to setup ones. Simply, SSH the iSetup.deb to ~/tmp/, go to terminal and enter "dpkg -i /tmp/iSetup.deb", and then just respring and you're done!

iConcept:
    iPhone 2G/3G .deb Installation
    iPhone 3GS .deb Installation
    iPod 1G .deb Installation
    iPod 2G .deb Installation

Install instructions:

• Backup with Spingback (recommended)
    • Hide all icons except for Cydia, Winterboard, MobileTerminal, and the stock iPhone/iPod apps.

• SSH the Downloaded .deb to ~/tmp/

• Open MobileTerminal, and type:
      Code:
      su 
      alpine 
      dpkg -i /tmp/iSetup_ipod2g.deb
      killall SpringBoard
    • Respring (if "killall SpingBoard" command didn't work)
    • Post your result here.

Uninstall Instructions:

• Open Cydia
    • Search for "iSetup"
    • Remove using Cydia
    • Respring
    This one works, but how can i hide the other icons ?

Quote Originally Posted by b54 View Post
    This one works, but how can i hide the other icons ?
    sbsettings or bosspref.

Hi reeco

Just came back from holidays and i see many new improvements of Iconcept seems.

I did receive fist beta as donator weeks ago.Are you to send a new version soon?

Thanks for sending if already done

great job however

there arent any new improvment lol reeco is on a break from theme making i guess and we are waiting for his return

i dont think reeco is coming back.. i emailed him to see what was going on and he didnt reply. he seemed pretty mad that someone leaked the beta.. im still using the beta but i was there were some updates...

i seen other sites that have this theme, and it even says. leaked

some aplications are a little or should i say hella lagy when i turn this theme on... any suggestions???

get SBSettings run it and see how much mem. you have....go to processes in SBSettings and make sure safari isnt there if it is delete it.

BTW are people oblivious to the fact taht hes not here?

thnx ill try it out...

iPhone? More like MyPhone compnerd88's Avatar
    Thanks

Aren't you people getting tired of reeco constantly doing this.

iNav went to his head....as it should....badass theme. Anyway ever since he saw the donations he got from that theme......he has wanted donations for everything!

And EVERY time he has hyped a theme......asked for donations for beta access......SOMETIMES puts out a half finished beta so the hype and donations go up a little more.

THEN BOOM.....hes gone under mysterious cyrcumstances. As large as these "donator lists" are......hes making quite a bit of change. Then a couple months later pops up with a new "concept" to get more money and it works without flaw

Me personally im tired of putting my money in to an investment that never pays off. He does good work.....but his ethics are uber shitty lol

-Compnerd88

10. The Following User Says Thank You to compnerd88 For This Useful Post:

snka (2009-09-09)

Let me start by saying i understand what you mean.
    Reeco has done this a few times.
    however, i do not think its on purpose. someone leaked his theme that HE worked hard on. and when he asks for a small donation, no certain amount,
    its not THAT hard to give 5 dollars. or 3. its not an arm or a leg.
    its just very nice to recive donations for work you do to benefit others.
    so he has every right to have a life, or if he left because someone leaked it, he has every right to be ANGRY. hecki would be.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Reeco is a guy that want to do this for money ,he want to make money out of this . It's diffrent from a guy that do this for fun and donation to motivate thier work. Talk about leaking his beta, thats what happen when you make money without paying tax and oh yea donation is the wrong word to use.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kevin36 View Post
    Reeco is a guy that want to do this for money ,he want to make money out of this . It's diffrent from a guy that do this for fun and donation to motivate thier work. Talk about leaking his beta, thats what happen when you make money without paying tax and oh yea donation is the wrong word to use.
    Duh? Are you telling us that you would work for free? If you found you had a talent for this type of thing, you wouldn't cash in on it? Please...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xjoenx View Post
    Duh? Are you telling us that you would work for free? If you found you had a talent for this type of thing, you wouldn't cash in on it? Please...

Well you need to make a new thread telling all these talent guys in here to charge some $$$ for their theme because I'm seeing alot of guys in here sharing their personal theme for free.Tell me how many guy give out beta testing theme to donation only? Did you donate to all of the theme you grab out from here? Guess not

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If theme makers give their themes out for free then more power to them. I don't have to tell anyone to charge for their work. It's their work, they charge if they want. Your logic is failed. You just can't realize that if someone has a marketable talent, they can charge for their skills. Some people do it because they just enjoy it, so they don't mind giving their work out for free. I seriously don't understand how people can fork over $200 to even $700 for an iPhone, yet cry and and complain when someone asks for a SMALL (as in $1) donation to test their theme. Geez. I'm done.

Thanks

Example:

I am a machinist.....and I do machining work on the side. People pay me sometimes in advance for something they expect to be FINISHED and RIGHT.

What reeco did would be like me taking payment for a part. Then making a half *** part, giving it to the customer, and disappearing.......all while promising a better quality part in the future

Its fcked up.....point blank (and mods excuse the language)

Every person who got the "beta" is helping pay reecos bills this month, and maybe next. Then he disappears. Then when those bills (or expenses of any sort) come around again, he will have another half finished theme to milk the forum with again.

He probably keeps several very nice, yet unfinshed themes stored up.....just for this purpose. Hense why he has announced his next "amazing theme" to be a windows theme (or something along those line). Which is probably a slightly modded version of the Media Center theme he bailed on us with last time

Again, this is just MY perception of the situation at hand.......but opinion or not, its still not right

And yes, I understand being pissed about leakage, but it was an UNFINISHED BETA......so when it all boils down....we'll all get it eventually.....or would have. And if hes gonna just scratch this theme......why not reveal one of the other themes us Beta list guys are supposed to get as an added bonus for donations??

-Compnerd88 (Logan)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to compnerd88 For This Useful Post:

Li-ion (2009-09-19)

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,217 Times in 2,596 Posts

In 2 weeks, if reeco does not return to finish the theme, I will make best attempt to make a "variation" of his theme in order to compensate to the donators.

I have emailed reeco asking him if he needed help or would like me to take over the project and have not yet seen a reply, and it has been weeks since I emailed it to him.

No one can say why he left and are only left to speculate. I will do my best to alleviate this problem as this situation does pervade an awful shadow onto MMi's theming community.

- Austin
    #eli7e revived me

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to k.nitsua For This Useful Post:

garyaguest (2009-09-10), jrod_15 (2009-09-22), rfcg (2009-09-11), snka (2009-09-10)

Thanks

^ ^ ^

That man above is a REAL themer.......truly in in for the art. I applaud you Austin

-Logan

Same goes for me. Your the man K!!!

Quote Originally Posted by k.nitsua View Post
    In 2 weeks, if reeco does not return to finish the theme, I will make best attempt to make a "variation" of his theme in order to compensate to the donators.

I have emailed reeco asking him if he needed help or would like me to take over the project and have not yet seen a reply, and it has been weeks since I emailed it to him.

No one can say why he left and are only left to speculate. I will do my best to alleviate this problem as this situation does pervade an awful shadow onto MMi's theming community.

- Austin
    that would be a sweet solution, hopefully the "iConcept" idea won't go lost

btw. K.nitsua how about your popcorn addiction?

nitsua, i must say you are definitely a great person among the mmi, as a person that genuinely cares about the community. i really want to thank you for the work you've done, the attitude you show, and how you interact with others of the board. im grateful that you are taking into consideration the frustration of donators after seeing reeco leave, and volunteering to put in your tremendous talent to help compensate them...

u da man.

Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast