Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Theme installation

Default Theme installation
    I have a simple but urgent question:
    How do you install the themes shown in the new thems section. I personally like to install the prado them but have know idea how to do that. If someone could explain how to do that the easiest method i wuld be very thankfull

Thanks

Can't see how this is Urgent?!!
    but....
    From installer, install Summerboard & iSwitcher, most of the themes are located there, then you can install the themes through installer.

A lot of the themes that are on here do not show up on installer, neither does iSwitcher actually

what about if you have some that u downloaded?? where would they be uploaded to?

Thanks

You have to install "Community Sources" to see all the files.

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by erickrm View Post
    what about if you have some that u downloaded?? where would they be uploaded to?
    for Summerboard.../var/root/library/summerboard/yourtheme/Icons/
    for iSwitcher..../var/root/Media/Themes/yourtheme/

All the info you need is somewhere on this site...search around a bit, you'll find what you need.

GoodLuck and have fun.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SundayDuffer For This Useful Post:

LoWingHuen (2007-10-28)

do you have to d/l the Icon folder?!

so when we're inside the theme folder, we make a folder name our Folder, then we d/l the icon folder and rename the picture to Wallpaper.PNG? do we need to upload status bar also or what? im confused

Hi, how can I install the simpsons theme??

tks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OooH-Boy View Post
    Hi, how can I install the simpsons theme??

tks
    Download and extract the Simposons folder from the archive and upload the files from their respective folders into the same folders on your iPhone using iBrickr or any other program you prefer

if I copy over/overwritten the files with simpsons' files, can I recover the original files? how? unless I did a backup of it, otherwise I can't recover, am I correct?

you can use iphone_browser or ibrckr to change out your themes. if you want the originals back, they are in the download sections. or you can just restore your phone using itunes but you will have to update to the newest version. in the forums, search for iphone modding 101, 102, 103. or go to www.hacktheiphone.com and it tells you how to switch icons.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedfx View Post
    you can use iphone_browser or ibrckr to change out your themes. if you want the originals back, they are in the download sections. or you can just restore your phone using itunes but you will have to update to the newest version. in the forums, search for iphone modding 101, 102, 103. or go to www.hacktheiphone.com and it tells you how to switch icons.
    im sorry, im like a TOTAL NEWB on this theme installation thing. i just recently downloaded the tinkerbell theme and i have no idea how i can put it in my iphone...i have no idea wat ibrickr or watever things that you said...... can you please please please help me? i have no clue what i should do ><

Quote Originally Posted by Rouge-t View Post
    im sorry, im like a TOTAL NEWB on this theme installation thing. i just recently downloaded the tinkerbell theme and i have no idea how i can put it in my iphone...i have no idea wat ibrickr or watever things that you said...... can you please please please help me? i have no clue what i should do ><
    im basically in the same boat.....i understand ibrickr for the most part like adding NES and ichat and stuff like that, but when i download a theme and extract the files it doesn't ever work when i try to add stuff into summerboard or iswitch. i've searched for a while and i still can't find anything thats telling me exactly how to do it. can anyone please help?

The TinkerBell theme is setup (more or less) as a model of the iPhone's filesystems with replacement files in the appropriate folders.

Using iPhoneBrowser, you can drag and drop the folders to the root of your phone to have them copied to the right location. However, some folders, like ~SOUNDS, don't exist on the iPhone and you must replace individual files if you want to use the sounds. iPhoneBrowser has a Replace File command you can use on a file on the iPhone to replace it with a file from your PC.
    iPhoneBrowser also makes a backup copy of all files that it replaces (though, it puts them in too many separate directories in the current version), so you can restore the files.

If you use install and start iSwitcher first, you will have a backup of your current files and can use iSwitcher to restore them. It covers most files a theme would replace.

I'm using fugu. I need know where exactly you put the themes because I don't see them when I add them to summberboard via themes