Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mod_Black Apple

Thanks

@ k1ll3r

Be sure that they are named Page0.png (home page), Page1.png, etc. It won't work if they're named Wallpaper.

Home: (the same)
    Calendar
    Clock
    Cydia
    Settings

Media:
    Camera
    Pictures
    Youtube
    Slingmedia

Apps:
    Sportcenter
    Aim
    Chase
    Navigon

Games:
    Flight Control (along with black icon)
    Sims 3 (along with black icon)
    TTR2 (along with black icon)
    Rolando (along with black icon)

Donation will be made

What folder should those page*.png files be in? Thats how i have them labelled

From the Main "black apple final" folder, where it has 'big icons' 'bundles' 'folders'... etc listed, at the bottom i have page0.png to page4.png . I deleted anything named wallpaper*.png and now when i respring, it has no labels, no names of anything on the right hand side, like its all blank.

I've figured out most of it, but stuck on this last part and its really frustrating. I really appreciate your help.
    Last edited by k1ll3r; 2009-07-23 at 11:48 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quick question. I put the SpringJump copies where it says, yet i don't see the duplicates on my Springboard? Why is that? I put them in Var/Stash/Applications like it says..?

Quote Originally Posted by Antonius138 View Post
    Hey all,

I was wondering for those who have been modding the wallpaper png's have you tried to move the descriptions much? I noticed that the icons were not lining up 100% with the descriptions so I decided to move the descriptions...after making the changes I noticed that all of my icons and desciptions were missing. I changed it back to the original png's and it was okay. Perhaps if you move it too far it won't display correctly?

Thoughts?

A.
    what i did in photoshop is " ctrol+' " and it brings up gridlines so u can make sure everything is alligned. Or you can go to View > Show > Grid.

The original psd files i opened had icon descriptions 'hidden', u can unhide them by clicking the eye looking symbol on the layer. Then move around and edit as you wish. I hope thats the answer u were looking for... :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Answer1o1 View Post
    Quick question. I put the SpringJump copies where it says, yet i don't see the duplicates on my Springboard? Why is that? I put them in Var/Stash/Applications like it says..?
    When you hold down the icon to make them "wiggle" as if you deleting them, do you not see anything that says 'page 1' 'page 2' etc.. ?? also you have to go into springjumps and turn on the necessary pages. have u done that yet?

the way it looks on mine is, the first five (0-4) springjumps have icons with arrows. The duplicates dont have icons but they do have the names below them.
    Last edited by k1ll3r; 2009-07-23 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to k1ll3r For This Useful Post:

Answer1o1 (2009-07-24), Antonius138 (2009-07-26)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by k1ll3r View Post
    what i did in photoshop is " ctrol+' " and it brings up gridlines so u can make sure everything is alligned. Or you can go to View > Show > Grid.

The original psd files i opened had icon descriptions 'hidden', u can unhide them by clicking the eye looking symbol on the layer. Then move around and edit as you wish. I hope thats the answer u were looking for... :-/

When you hold down the icon to make them "wiggle" as if you deleting them, do you not see anything that says 'page 1' 'page 2' etc.. ?? also you have to go into springjumps and turn on the necessary pages. have u done that yet?

the way it looks on mine is, the first five (0-4) springjumps have icons with arrows. The duplicates dont have icons but they do have the names below them.
    LawL, i made the biggest noob mistake!! My theme was enabled that's why i wasn't able see them hahah. That was a good laugh, i think its good to make a noob move every now and then. Kinda refreshes your mind LoL. Thanks though!
    Last edited by Answer1o1; 2009-07-24 at 12:08 AM.

were you able to get your different wallpapers for your different pages?

plz help... still stuck on this. I've renamed to page*.png , wallpaper*.png, put in the respective .app folders put in the main folder and still nothing.

I also have another problem, my background from my lockscreen doesnt change and the keypad and everything is really weird looking. Below is a pic.. i dont think its supposed to look like that (the background pic is an old one i had)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0287.png  
    Last edited by k1ll3r; 2009-07-24 at 01:14 AM.

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG So i've been struggling with this for over 12 HOURS !!! and you know what the problem was ... the "p" in "page0.png" was not capitalized... OMFGGGGGGGGGG ...

PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THIS MISTAKE. ITS VERY CAPS SENSITIVE. BIG DIFFERENCE IN "page0.png" and "Page0.png" ... ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I've attached my 'hard work'. Thanks a lot for the mod, its awesome. The best i've seen yet. Thanks everyone who helped.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0288.png   -img_0289.png   -img_0290.png   -img_0291.png   -img_0292.png  
    Last edited by k1ll3r; 2009-07-24 at 05:17 AM.

I like this theme a lot, although I haven't gotten around to setting it up on my phone yet. But I do have one question:

Is there a way to use the Mac computer on the home screen to host your own wallpaper, and move the SMS section to the dock via 5icon dock?

Ya, thats def possible. You just have to be skilled at photoshop. Its open to whatever you want to do, u have to customize it to how you want it.

I made a quick video about it, did i explain everything right?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1pEpDdqy8s]YouTube - How to install Black Apple Mod for iPhone 3G[/ame]

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Painkiller7536 For This Useful Post:

bigrednewton (2009-07-27)

Thanks k1ll3r, I did use some guides, I just thought that maybe I got too low and it tweaks the wallpaper.html file or something. I wil tweak it a little bit more and see if I can get it to line up.

A.

well, i tried to install this yesterday, and after 2.5 hours, I gave up.

why? because everytime I tried to setup my springboard, it would crash. does it have anything to do with springjumps?

Default Mobile Substrate
    I read that springboard crashes because of 'mobile substrate' (when u move the icons around) it drags the memory down real low. This happened to me, and what i did was download 'mem tool' from cydia. Every 10 mins or so, i would go into mem tool and click 'clean' and memory would go back to a stable range. Thats how come i was able to do it and keep it from constantely crashing. If you dont have mem tool or decide not to go with this theme, i suggest getting it anyway (i find it very useful).

I changed my theme around a bit, figured i'd share it with you all. Attached below:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo.jpg   -photo1.jpg   -photo2.jpg   -photo3.jpg   -photo4.jpg   -photo5.jpg  

how come my dock isnt lined up correctly ? its shifted to the left .. i tried reinstalling fiveiconrow but it still messed up .. everything is fine except the dock .. what should i do .. thanks

can you post a screenshot please?

to take a screenshot, click 'home' and 'sleep/off' button at the same time, and u should see a flash on your screen. Then go to your pics and email it to yourself, or ssh into your phone and get it.

it looks like blandv on page 4 .. my dock looks just like his .. and yes i have 3 icons and 2 blank icons in the dock .. any help is appreciated .. thanks

this theme isnt made for 5icon dock.. only supposed to be 4.. i believe the walkthrough has it with 5 because of the 'white apple' but this theme only has 4 icons on the dock. If you go back to my screenshots on page 9, u can see wat the layout looks like finished. I dont know why u wouldnt be able to use the 5 though, if you photoshop the dock and add another icon in the dock... not sure.. But try taking the 5 icon dock off completely and see wat happens. (i have 5icon installed, but i only put 4 icons on the dock, u dont HAVE to use the 5th icon spot).

21. The Following User Says Thank You to k1ll3r For This Useful Post:

timmyinpajamas (2009-07-26)

thanks killer .. yea its working right now with four .. thanks alot

Alright guys, finally able to catch up. Thanks to everyone for helping other members out in the thread and a special thanks to painkiller for the video tutorial. Enjoy!

Home screens for JJGatti

Icons:

AIM
    Bejeweled 2
    Calculator
    Chase
    Converter (currency or whatever else)
    Cycorder
    Flight Control
    iDay
    IM+
    Monopoly
    Navigon
    NeedforSpeed
    Pandora
    Photohunt
    Rolando
    Sodoku
    Solitaire
    Sportscenter
    Tap Tap 1 or 2
    Sims 3
    Yahoo Messenger

I've also included the updated plist for the calendar fix. Thanks to Tim for that.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast