Page 53 of 110 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 2183

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ..• iElegance •.. •PRO•

hey bars love the theme, but i have one problem i cant get the sbsettings theme to apply every time i turn it on in winterboard I get a blurred image where the dock should be. I'm on a 3gs i don't know if that makes a difference or not but i go to sbsettings/more/manage themes but it doesn't show there and as soon as i uncheck it in winterboard the blurred image goes away. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Muh, so there is a stipulation of distributing the font.......but I dont see anybody suing you over it anytime soon. If EBL can get away with his themes using microsoft, palm, etc....with only a warning.....I wouldnt worry to much about it. At any rate if people wanna use it, they can find it themselves.

I was just trying to be helpful. You are selling a package that contains copyrighted material. You can certainly do as you please and I am not demanding that you remove it. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy in complaining about someone taking your work and making it available to others, while you are doing the same with Bank Gothic.

As to your alternative, I would discourage you to post Bank Gothic on your website, just like you should not post Photoshop there for personal use.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

Dont really see the big deal about a font either way...people will get it if they want it.
    Last edited by cpjr; 2009-07-24 at 04:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Muh, so there is a stipulation of distributing the font.......but I dont see anybody suing you over it anytime soon. If EBL can get away with his themes using microsoft, palm, etc....with only a warning.....I wouldnt worry to much about it. At any rate if people wanna use it, they can find it themselves.
    There is no stipulation about the distribution of the font. That font is commercial, period. I thought MMi does not tolerate warez.

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Dont really see the big deal about a font either way...people will get it if they want it.
    Don't really see the big deal about the PRO theme either way... people will get it if they want it (slight modification of your statement)

You as admin on this site should not condone this.

I fully support barsoverbeats theme as a commercial venture and it should NOT be made available for free anywhere unless he wants to. But we have to be consistent here. The same holds true for artistic work like fonts. You can't just cherry pick what can and what cannot be pirated.
    Last edited by armadillo; 2009-07-24 at 05:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Come visit AlohaSoft

^Oh I see, now we have to go through each and every theme with a comb, as there are probably also tons of images that are copyrighted and used in theming as well.

And per the rules I would also need to take your website out of your signature along with Bars....cause well thats against the rules as well

Its a font, get over it. If you really have that big of a problem with it, take it to p_f or Cash....they are the ones that released it on our repo.

cpjr: You obviously don't understand what I'm trying to say. It is clear that you think a font is nothing of value and there's no big deal distributing it.

I think a font has as much value as a theme or anything a creative person has put work into. Just ask barsoverbeats. He could have used a freeware font for his theme. There are thousands. But he picked one that is commercial and he included it in a package that he is selling.

And you are saying that's not a big deal. Well, then what would you say if I posted the link to PRO theme? I mean it's just a theme, right? What's the big deal?

As I said, we need to be consistent. If a theme is commercial, then it should not be pirated. If a font is commercial, it should not be pirated either. Certainly, you can't pirate it and then sell it.

P.S.: Nothing on my website contains any commercial package. Do any of my themes violate copyrighted materials? Possibly, since some of the icons are taken from the web and I have no idea whether or not they are copyrighted. But I'm not selling themes commercially. I solicit donations and I offer a custom icon service for that.
    Last edited by armadillo; 2009-07-24 at 05:26 AM.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

I will have the font pulled from the paid theme it will ba available as a separate theme that I free. I have already sent the email requesting this change. There is no issue with distributing it or free for personal use.

^^Well doesnt matter...I believe Bars is gonna pull it. You should have taken this up with him in a PM instead of in this thread anyways......and even though yes pirating is pirating....there is also a moral difference when done "accidentally", or in other words....Bars didnt use the font with the intention of sell gain by screwing someone else, unlike the pirated appstore apps for example where the motive is plain and simple....screw the dev by not paying (for one's own gain).

No Im not going to treat him the same as a spammer that posts links to cracked software sites (we get those several times a day)...so if you disagree then be it.

Nobody asked you to treat him like a spammer. Please read my posts. I am defending creative work. I am in the same boat. My repos are pirated all the time. I'm just saying that this applies to things such as fonts as well. If I were the author of that font, I would certainly not be happy to have someone include it in a commercial product. It appears that Bars understands this.

Where do you guys find that Bank Gothic can be freely distributed or is free for personal use. I really would like to know where you get this info from? Please give me a link where this font can be freely downloaded for personal use.

As to PMs, I have tried, but barsoverbeats has never responded
    Come visit AlohaSoft

11. The Following User Says Thank You to armadillo For This Useful Post:

snka (2009-07-24)

Almost every font is free for personal use. To be completely legit i shouldn't have packed it in the paid portion. Like I said I did it wihout thinging it through. It will be changed very shortly. I would have responded back to a PM if you had that concern. The last PM you sent me wasn't on this subject that's for sure end of convo

13. The Following User Says Thank You to barsoverbeats For This Useful Post:

cellmate75 (2009-07-24)

My iPhone is a Part of Me cellmate75's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by barsoverbeats View Post
    Almost every font is free for personal use. To be completely legit i shouldn't have packed it in the paid portion. Like I said I did it wihout thinging it through. It will be changed very shortly. I would have responded back to a PM if you had that concern. The last PM you sent me wasn't on this subject that's for sure end of convo
    Bars and cpjr are super heros!

O:

I am about sick of reading through this thread and seeing people try and ruin this theme. People are just jealous because there theme sucks and they dont support it nearly the way Bars and his helpers do. People need to screw off and go put in the time and effort the Bars put into this theme into their own theme. As for the new guys asking questions that have been answered in the search field on this site type "keyboard ielegance" or for an icon type "The Sims 3 ielegance" and most of the time those things will come up if you thumb through a few pages back or forward. Those are just examples. Bars you are the man and I am still loving the theme!

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to x2dope For This Useful Post:

BacE 88 (2009-07-24), barsoverbeats (2009-07-24), cellmate75 (2009-07-24), not2c4u (2009-07-24), xxfr0stbytexx (2009-07-24)

Quote Originally Posted by barsoverbeats View Post
    Almost every font is free for personal use.
    That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Sorry, but that's just complete nonsense. Your theme does deserve to be pirated if that is your stance. After all, it's just for personal use, right?

See this for educational purposes:

Adobe - Anti-Piracy Initiative : Font FAQ

Look, I totally supported you in your own work, but I also support other creative work such as fonts.
    Last edited by armadillo; 2009-07-24 at 06:10 AM.
    Come visit AlohaSoft

Thanks

Hi,

just updated the missing "iMC" icon on my modified PRO SBSettings theme. Enjoy

Oni
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0343.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

19. The Following User Says Thank You to e-oni For This Useful Post:

xxfr0stbytexx (2009-07-24)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by e-oni View Post
    Hi,

just updated the missing "iMC" icon on my modified PRO SBSettings theme. Enjoy

Oni
    damn brah thnx they look good
    If I helped you in any way slap that thanks button

Subscribe to me on YouTube
    Follow me on Twitter

does anyone know where to get this SBBadgeBG? I have it on my phone but its not the badge in the theme and I only have this theme checked in Winterboard. I have no idea where its at and I searched every folder. I want to download it or back it up because I like it but I cant seem to find it lol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -hjvhggvjhu.jpg  

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

theme\Folders\Springboard.app

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x2dope View Post
    does anyone know where to get this SBBadgeBG? I have it on my phone but its not the badge in the theme and I only have this theme checked in Winterboard. I have no idea where its at and I searched every folder. I want to download it or back it up because I like it but I cant seem to find it lol.
    i only have this one and its located here PRO.theme\Folders\SpringBoard.app but i think what u have it tha stock one
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    If I helped you in any way slap that thanks button

Subscribe to me on YouTube
    Follow me on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Sorry, but that's just complete nonsense. Your theme does deserve to be pirated if that is your stance. After all, it's just for personal use, right?

See this for educational purposes:

Adobe - Anti-Piracy Initiative : Font FAQ

Look, I totally supported you in your own work, but I also support other creative work such as fonts.
    Ok let me get this right....

You came in here looking for my help. You did not recieve the help you needed.

You now are trying to pick apart my theme because it trumps your by miles.

You don't sell licensed images that you found on google but you will give them to people for donations larger than $1.00.

Additionally your adobe link has NOTHING to do with the bank gothic font....

Quote Originally Posted by TheEmperor View Post
    How do I make the word "slide to answer" while in lockscreen show up? thanx in advance
    As I said earlier, the slider will be updated in the first update. You will then have the slide to unlock text if you want it. For now you can delete /PRO.theme/Bundles/com.apple.springboard

and grab any slider theme from cydia, enable it above PRO in winterboard

hope that helps!
    Last edited by barsoverbeats; 2009-07-24 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to barsoverbeats For This Useful Post:

TheEmperor (2009-07-24), xxfr0stbytexx (2009-07-24)

Page 53 of 110 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast