Page 13 of 110 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ..• iElegance •.. •PRO•

Yeah and now that I can do icons as well I'm gonna take a load off your back bars and help with some icons. As for right now I'm out and about right now so wait till I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by barsoverbeats View Post
    Yes I have a very demanding full time salary position. I do "break/fix" desktop and laptop hardware and software support for a large insurance company. I do think that alot of people think that I theme full time living at moms house. Lol

I not only have a fulltime but I have a part time job on top of that...and I have 2 kids... So if I don't get to EVERYTHING I can say I do my best!

About the mobilesubstrate I did not upgrade mine because I like to wait a few days when updates like that are released.... I assume that is what is causing your sad iPhone as I have not yet seem a safe mode crash since upgrading to 3.0...

I am also not working on the keyboard yet. I have the kb-STD done that you saw in the screenshots. I refuse to continue on to do the full keyboard which takes hours to create untill I can test and see what it looks like on the phone. As soon as winterboard is updated to accept the keyboard images, I will be making a new keyboard for PRO....
    I do confirm after upgrade the mobilesubstrate, i did get a seafe mode crash. I restarted and have been fine since. But it did scare me for a sec.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to chezpaul For This Useful Post:

barsoverbeats (2009-07-13)

Most of the people using my theme make this the best iPhone community on the net!!

Thanks for your input chezpaul!! Again you guys are outstanding!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to barsoverbeats For This Useful Post:

cpjr (2009-07-14)

Thanks

Bars what you said about the keyboard is bull man. I would donate right now if you could give me the .artwork files for the keyboard-common and the keyboard-latin. All you need to do is replace those within the system files to make a new keyboard. You dont need to wait for winterboard to accept the keyboard themes, winterboard isnt the problem. Please rethink doing the keyboard.

PS I've used nothing but iElegance since i jailbroke my phone last year. Great work on this new one.
    Last edited by stillbrad; 2009-07-13 at 07:32 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Looks like Ill have to break down and get photoshop so I can take advantage of doing the icons too. Thanks for including the script and the youtube vid Bars

Harley

8. The Following User Says Thank You to HarleyMo For This Useful Post:

barsoverbeats (2009-07-13)

Quote Originally Posted by stillbrad View Post
    Bars what you said about the keyboard is bull man. I would donate right now if you could give me the .artwork files for the keyboard-common and the keyboard-latin. All you need to do is replace those within the system files to make a new keyboard. You dont need to wait for winterboard to accept the keyboard themes, winterboard isnt the problem. Please rethink doing the keyboard.

PS I've used nothing but iElegance since i jailbroke my phone last year. Great work on this new one.
    Have you ever heard the saying about biting the hand that feeds you??? For your info I have already tried the new iphoneshop to no avail. I will NOT create a new keyboard untill it is winterboard compatible. I would have to replace each file in the artwork(if the process even worked) then respring each time to perfect it. As everyone on this forum knows (including the owner of the forum) I am about perfecting things)

So, please watch what you say to me, because it will be comments like your that will stop PRO from EVER going public!

Question for you. Have you ever created an iPhone keyboard??

If anyone can understand my comment please hit the thanks button...
    Last edited by barsoverbeats; 2009-07-13 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to barsoverbeats For This Useful Post:

18.4009 (2009-07-14), BacE 88 (2009-07-14), Bo Troxell (2009-07-14), FFBiZZ (2009-07-14), fjbt (2009-07-14), FlavioX (2009-07-13), Kawi2004 (2009-07-14), Lefty-44 (2009-07-14), lostwhiteboyy (2009-07-14), marktaylor22 (2009-07-13), not2c4u (2009-07-14), Simtech (2009-07-13), Sportsmaniac1322 (2009-07-14), swede922 (2009-11-25), Tazzaras (2009-07-15), Tycho81 (2009-07-14), x2dope (2009-07-13), Xploit (2009-07-14), xxfr0stbytexx (2009-07-13)

Thanks

haha very true bars, makin icons gets tedious lol but im still makin em so u dnt have too
    If I helped you in any way slap that thanks button

Subscribe to me on YouTube
    Follow me on Twitter

12. The Following User Says Thank You to xxfr0stbytexx For This Useful Post:

barsoverbeats (2009-07-14)

man if bars hangs up his boots on PRO I think some of us might have to find that guy! kidding but bars out of the thousands of people that use your theme one idiot is bound to show his butt. You have the best themes for the iPhone (PRO and 1.6) and the download stats show it. This is probably someone that is jealous of your abilities!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to x2dope For This Useful Post:

Thanks

This is a lil late but for the guy needin % if u have sbsettings open that clock on more then options an turn on numeric battery or what ever it's called, or download the new thing in cydia that turns on % u hve to go into winterboard to select it and then go to settings general usage and turn it on. Hope that works for u

Follow me on Twitter

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xxfr0stbytexx For This Useful Post:

barsoverbeats (2009-07-14), chezpaul (2009-07-14)

I have a few things I am touching up on PRO for the beta team... But I may send 1.7 to Kyle for a cydia update. (I dont want people to think I fell off the map) The updates when I do it will include Battery status percent in script, iElegance carrier in script, Voice Memos, and Messages Icons, upadated Springboard.strings, updated dialer, updated Wallpaper.html clock, Updated wifi signal icon....probably more but that is what I can think of off the top...

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to barsoverbeats For This Useful Post:

18.4009 (2009-07-14), not2c4u (2009-07-14), TimVFR (2009-07-14), xxfr0stbytexx (2009-07-14)

Quote Originally Posted by xxfr0stbytexx View Post
    This is a lil late but for the guy needin % if u have sbsettings open that clock on more then options an turn on numeric battery or what ever it's called, or download the new thing in cydia that turns on % u hve to go into winterboard to select it and then go to settings general usage and turn it on. Hope that works for u
    Thank you Thank you Thank you...

Thought I'd share my new look. I know it's blasphemy but I changed a few things bars...

Is it me or does the wallpaper background not go all the way up to the top of the iphone... I have iElegance script and my new email notifivation that are written above the wallpaper.

Anyway.. thank you bars...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -chezpaul.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by chezpaul View Post
    Thought I'd share my new look. I know it's blasphemy but I changed a few things bars...

Is it me or does the wallpaper background not go all the way up to the top of the iphone... I have iElegance script and my new email notifivation that are written above the wallpaper.

Anyway.. thank you bars...
    Wallpaper is 320X480. If I didnt get the wallpaper sized right I would quit themeing...

so after running this for a few days i have two issues that i suspect are either the result of pro or possibly weathericon that i downloaded from Cydia.

1) My springboard went from never crashing to crashing about 5 times a day.
    2) Tiger Wood's golf is crashing when i play it now.

I turned off pro and the crashing of Tiger Wood's has stopped from what i can tell, the springboard is crashing still though.

Any suggestions on how to fix these issues? Anyone else having similar problems?

Thanks

its weathericon it did that for me so i said im done with it try to get rid of that and see what happens

Follow me on Twitter

24. The Following User Says Thank You to xxfr0stbytexx For This Useful Post:

Lefty-44 (2009-07-14)

Hey bars-

just donated and downloaded your theme yesterday and i love it so far. I've got a few minor issues as well as some comments i wanted to add.

First thing's first-i'm probably doing something wrong but if i switch to the no shelves theme, i does not appear to work properly for me in that the theme doesn't load. The lockscreen, icons or background do not load (actually, only the weather icon appears to be proper) I double checked and it looks like the folder is proper but i can't seem to figure out what's going on. Any ideas? I might just end up deleting everything off the phone and try transferring it again.

Not to offend you but although I think the theme is really clean, the splash screens for the apps (with the lightning and script text) seem very out of place. I'm not sure how others feel but i think for such a clean theme, they are almost a little tacky. I'm not opposed to a screen like that but i think it's the combination of text and lightning bolts that looks out of place.

And finally, is there a way to enable text for the app icons? I understand that your theme is centered around simplicity but for me, it's a little confusing sometimes to rely simply on the pictures. And actually, when i load the no shelves theme (that doesn't work for me) the weather icon displays the text within the reflection and i think it looks pretty good.

Thanks again for all your work!

Thanks

ok with the attached file unzip it and put the wallpaper and wallpaper.html into the pro.theme so that it replaces the old one
    Attached Files Attached Files

Follow me on Twitter

Green Apple
    Thanks

Bars,

I happen to love the app load screens. There is nothing with this theme that I dont care for, its a GREAT theme.

Thanks again

Harley

28. The Following User Says Thank You to HarleyMo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ak47clown View Post
    Hey bars-

just donated and downloaded your theme yesterday and i love it so far. I've got a few minor issues as well as some comments i wanted to add.

First thing's first-i'm probably doing something wrong but if i switch to the no shelves theme, i does not appear to work properly for me in that the theme doesn't load. The lockscreen, icons or background do not load (actually, only the weather icon appears to be proper) I double checked and it looks like the folder is proper but i can't seem to figure out what's going on. Any ideas? I might just end up deleting everything off the phone and try transferring it again.

Not to offend you but although I think the theme is really clean, the splash screens for the apps (with the lightning and script text) seem very out of place. I'm not sure how others feel but i think for such a clean theme, they are almost a little tacky. I'm not opposed to a screen like that but i think it's the combination of text and lightning bolts that looks out of place.

And finally, is there a way to enable text for the app icons? I understand that your theme is centered around simplicity but for me, it's a little confusing sometimes to rely simply on the pictures. And actually, when i load the no shelves theme (that doesn't work for me) the weather icon displays the text within the reflection and i think it looks pretty good.

Thanks again for all your work!

in winterboard drag PRO below all the other options.. winterboard prioritizes by order.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to bandit_kaine For This Useful Post:

perfect...thanks for the tips guys. I just ended up replacing the wallpaper like was mentioned in the first reply but next time there's an update to this theme i'll do that.

EDIT: as far as my question about the text-i looked at the folders and files real quick and it's just a matter of editing the info.plist file to change the text from transparent to white. The issue is that the default text for this theme is slightly large for some app icons (which is why i assume it was disabled to begin with). I may end up just finding a similar font that goes with the theme. Same thing goes for the init screens as well. It's easy enough to just replace the images that are in the FOLDERS folder with something more suited towards my liking. I'll take screens an upload if i do end up changing any of this if anyone's intersted in looking. Again this is in no way a dig on the all of bar's work to date-just simply a personal preference i have!
    Last edited by ak47clown; 2009-07-14 at 04:17 AM.

Page 13 of 110 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast