Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem with Umicon SMS Icon on iPhone 3G 3.0 OS

Default Problem with Umicon SMS Icon on iPhone 3G 3.0 OS
    I upgraded my iPhone 3G to the new 3.0 OS and jailbroke it today.

I used Cydia to install the Winterboard theme Umicon just like I had done on the 2.2.1 OS. Everything worked except the SMS icon was defaulting to the green Apple icon instead of the correct Umicon brown one.

I did some investigating and found that in the Themes/Umicon/Icons directory the icon for SMS was named wrong. It needs to have the name Messages.png for Springboard to pick it up.

I emailed the contact through the Cydia app, but figured it may not get fixed right away. Anyway, if you rename that file using SSH or Mobile Terminal you will get the correct Umicon SMS Icon.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to puunjab For This Useful Post:

Deltanyne (2009-07-29)

Quote Originally Posted by puunjab View Post
    I upgraded my iPhone 3G to the new 3.0 OS and jailbroke it today.

I used Cydia to install the Winterboard theme Umicon just like I had done on the 2.2.1 OS. Everything worked except the SMS icon was defaulting to the green Apple icon instead of the correct Umicon brown one.

I emailed the contact through the Cydia app, but figured it may not get fixed right away. Anyway, if you rename that file using SSH or Mobile Terminal you will get the correct Umicon SMS Icon.
    I had the same issue too and all I had to do was rename the file to "Messages" and I was good to go.
    Last edited by shizs14; 2009-06-24 at 09:36 PM.

but how do i remane an icon?

Master Theme Creator (aka Bluemetal) Blue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,284 Times in 3,850 Posts

New Skins themes Launches !!!!!!!!?????