Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WINDOWS 7 FANTASY Version 2 with NEW SIDEBAR & WIDGETS

how do you change the weather? instructions plz. im a little new to this. i got everything esle to work fine just need the weather. how can i change it to my location which is United States Virgin Islands zip code 00802..

hey can you help me out...im triing to change the weather to my location which is the us virgin islands zip code 00802....
    Last edited by callilope2001; 2010-05-05 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You must open file configureMe.js (W7_Fantasy v2 \ Private) with notepad and then edit this zip code by the weather by you. for example by me in Hanoi :

".........Apple / AccuWeather parser (originally from Leopard's Weather.wdgt)
    var locale = "VMXX0006"......"

You need to change area code in your area code.For example you are in California/Acampo : USCA0001
    You only need to replace VMXX0006 to USCA0001 is ok

From previous post page 2

use National and Local Weather Forecast, Hurricane, Radar and Report to get code in address bar

Make some modification to get this template working on iOS 4.1.

Here is the attachment. Extract W7_Fantasy_V2 and upload to /private/var/stash/Themes.XXXX folder using WinSCP (google for instruction how to upload). Follow instructions on first page to install this theme.

You can also update your location in the /Private/configureMe.js file

Download here. MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Here's the update:
    1. Rename the LiveClock.png to LiveClockIcon.png in Bundles folder for compatibility to iOS4.
    2. Append the Source/yahooWeather.js code to Wallpaper.js because the directory structure is different in iOS4.

All credits and thanks to the original poster.

Alrighty, so I got the version of the theme that PLT has linked to working....except for a few things:

- Only one background for all the pages.
    - Windows logo (Page 0) is shrunken for some reason, no clue why.

EDIT/UPDATE: I managed to find a post on these forums about using Categories (from Cydia) to make blank named Categories, and then changing the icons to a wallpaper to simulate per-page wallpaper in 4.x. I gave it a shot and it looked....good enough. But the Windows logo on the "taskbar" was still kind-of squished vertically, and I just noticed that underneath the squished icon, was the label. I'm guessing the icon label for "Page 0" is what is causing the squishing....not sure why.

Anywhoo, I ended up removing this theme from my iPod, but only temporarily, until the per-page wallpaper issues are worked out for iOS 4.x, and until the squished Page 0 "Windows logo" icon is fixed. I'm not knocking this theme, it's an excellent theme, excellent idea, and excellently executed. It just needs some fixing for iOS 4.x
    Last edited by anonycanadian; 2010-10-20 at 03:57 PM.

Yep, I have noticed that. It's due to SpringJumps issue that they are working now to fix it. However, in the meantime, I'm happy with the theme so far.

Can you use this theme on iPhone 4???

I don't have iPhone4 so I can't tell. You can download and try. In the worst case, you can remove it out of your theme folder.

Quote Originally Posted by PLT View Post
    Make some modification to get this template working on iOS 4.1.

Here is the attachment. Extract W7_Fantasy_V2 and upload to /private/var/stash/Themes.XXXX folder using WinSCP (google for instruction how to upload). Follow instructions on first page to install this theme.

You can also update your location in the /Private/configureMe.js file

Download here. MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Here's the update:
    1. Rename the LiveClock.png to LiveClockIcon.png in Bundles folder for compatibility to iOS4.
    2. Append the Source/yahooWeather.js code to Wallpaper.js because the directory structure is different in iOS4.

All credits and thanks to the original poster.
    Followed everything on here and still don't have the clock running correctly or the weather. The background page never loads and the clock looks the same as it did before applying the theme.

Any ideas?

I know this is an old post but I'm new to the world of iPhones and trying to learn.

Edit: iPhone 4 running 4.2.1
    Last edited by gr8scott72; 2011-04-08 at 06:56 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234