Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Old School Dialer Graphics

GOT IT!!! I deleted the files that weren't the ALT files and renamed those and it's PERFECT!! You are so kind to do this!! I've been checking for it so often!
    Thanks a lot!
    Last edited by insocal; 2007-11-16 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by insocal View Post
    Hmmmm...when I first opened it I ended up with the new call buttini, the icon design. Then I went back and deleted both call_glyphs of that icon and launched again and now the CALL button isn't working...any thoughts?
    oh... you need to remove "alt" from the callglyph, callglyph_big, etc... if you want to use the call button...

Xanthus86 - you rock! Thanks so much, that was driving me nuts.

xanthus86,

Thanks much for knocking out a quick fix for 1.1.2!

My appologies to everyone for disappearing for a while there. Things with work have been a little nutty and I haven't had much time for myself lately, let alone for hobby stuff like this to keep me sane. I just got around to getting 1.1.1 and subsequently 1.1.2 on my phone but now that I'm back with a little time and an upgraded phone I am hoping to be a little more active again.

My only hang up right now is that I'm on a PC and don't have a way to fix the PNG file from the phone so I can edit them... I'm not aware of a utility for the PC that does this. Anyone here know of one? Once I get the original 1.1.2 files all "fixed" I'll take a look at tweaking things more for the latest software.

Thanks to everyone that kept the thread alive and helped out while I was away. You guys Rock!

Mr_Sparkle

Was wondering if there's supposed to be a sound when the CALL button is pushed? There is for all of the NUMBER keys and I can't remember the previous version.

One other thing...when I go into the Phone Application and then Keypad, for a quick second, I see the NEW ICON that Mr. Sparkle created and then it changes quickly to the Retro CALL button. Is that normal?

Thanks again!!

Quote Originally Posted by insocal View Post
    Was wondering if there's supposed to be a sound when the CALL button is pushed? There is for all of the NUMBER keys and I can't remember the previous version.

One other thing...when I go into the Phone Application and then Keypad, for a quick second, I see the NEW ICON that Mr. Sparkle created and then it changes quickly to the Retro CALL button. Is that normal?

Thanks again!!
    yes because the Default.png is with the new one that Mr. Sparkle created. I don't have the one that has the retro call button maybe Mr. Sparkle has that file if not I'm gonna try my best and edit that in photoshop coz I'm not that good using photoshop...:P

can you get this through an installer source? (the reto dialer)
    Tried hightymes but it didnt work

Which graphic must i edit to put my name at the top like you did Mr. Sparkle? The bardialer png?

Hey Mr_Sparkle, I really digg this old school dialer and want to get it happening on my phone.. I need some help though am unsure what to do.. Bought my iphone Unlocked and Jailbroken. I am running 1.1.1 and windows and i dont know get yours files onto my phone..?? I have a wifi connection and ModMyI installed as a source in Installer App. Can i add your files in this way somehow..?? Will the Putty program allow me to exchange files with yours..?? Sorry for all the Newbie questions, i'm unclear of what needs to done.. Any help, advice or links to guides would be appreciated..!!

Can anyone help out a new guy over here? I'm using iPhonebrowser v1.4 and tried uploading the file for this dialer.. now my dialer looks out of wack. The top and number's look default however the add contact, call & delete are the old school icons. What am I doing wrong? What is the proper way of downloading this file?

Disregard that last post.. got it figured out. However the call button isn't green. Anyway how to get that working properly? I'm on 1.1.2 and I've already removed the ALT from the files.
    Last edited by hozay09; 2007-12-08 at 04:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Very nice... how about the oldschool rotary dial... that's actually what I thought this would be when I originally saw the thread title.

I got the same problem.. does this files need to be overwritten too..??
    Please help..??

Quote Originally Posted by eddiepoindexter View Post
    Me too. Using 1.1.1 and iPhoneBroswer. Where is the "Stock" BarDialer_Sel.png file? Everything I read here makes me think it should be in [root]/Applications/MobilePhone.app, but it's not.
    I'm having the same problem.. where is this file and does it need to be replaced..?? or just leave it stock..?? some help please,
    Last edited by ONBEER; 2007-12-12 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

If someone would be so kind as to point some of us in the right direction to doing this, it'd be much appreciated. I'm on 1.1.2, I have ibrikr and couldn't get it to work, I also have tried a couple ftp servers and couldn't get them to work either.

I've got a lot done to my phone despite not knowing all the details but this retro dialer is the last thing that I want to do to my phone (for now) I HAVE to have it........ Searches show a handful of others in the same boat. Please help.

Ok, I'm so close I can taste it! (puke, who'd wanna taste an old payphone?!?) Here's where I am now

What's with the 0 not having "oper" on it?
    What's the line below 0?
    What do I need to do to get the correct dialer bar up top? (the scuffed up one)

Quote Originally Posted by Ipwned View Post
    Ok, I'm so close I can taste it! (puke, who'd wanna taste an old payphone?!?) Here's where I am now

What's with the 0 not having "oper" on it?
    What's the line below 0?
    What do I need to do to get the correct dialer bar up top? (the scuffed up one)
    That's EXACTLY how the dialer looks on my iPhone & I'm on 1.1.2

I just kept it as is since it's been working fine but would love the green call button & little things you mentioned.

for the ones who have 1.1.2 wat version of the dialer do u hav??

I have version 2

download version 2.2... i edited the dialer to work with 1.1.2...

I did but I still have the same thing, I tried the other call button to see if that would get rid of the line under the 0 but it didn't.

I'm assumming all of these problems are due to the f'd up way I'm having to do this (through iphone browser is the only way I'm able to do it right now, file by file) I'm close but still have that line and don't have the cool scuffed up frame over the numbers.

Any idea of exactly what I should change?

This is where I am now:

hav u tried using winscp??

21. The Following User Says Thank You to xanthus86 For This Useful Post:

Ipwned (2007-12-14)

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast