Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: **Release** Palm Prēfection

iPhone? More like MyPhone rashad1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    Remember everyone - If you want to rename your apps like rashad1 and I do, then add the SOS repo and install "RenameII".

@rashad1 - I provided my modded "PreTentious" theme, not PreFection - PreTentious is much less RAM intensive.
    I actually add the names in Photoshop using the Lucida Grande font in bold sz 12 font. Lucida Grande is the same thing as Prelude.

Each icon size is 64x128, if you want to make new icons use the other icons as a reference to help line up the icon and label.

My RAM seems fine, the phone is very snappy even when multitasking. I have 129MB of RAM available, is that good?

Quote Originally Posted by mrbears View Post
    Thanks Rashad1 for the upload.
    I like it quite a bit... I noticed that you even changed the
    carrier to Sprint. BTW, what did you do to make first page
    without icons on your video? On theme you uploaded, all icons
    shows up on the first page.

Does anyone know who is developing prefection 2.0? (Links?)

Big thanks to Rashad1. My phone really looks like Pre now.
    I added 16 blank icons to the first page using iBlank...ebl4287 was devolping Prefection 2.0 but I think he abandoned it due to legal reasons. I would still like someone to make a Palm Pre keyboard for the iPhone. I asked barsoverbeats who has made a similar keyboard but he has not responded, I urge others to ask him as well if you want to ever see this keyboard come to the iPhone. This is his keyboard below:

This is want I would like to see:

Last edited by rashad1; 2009-12-20 at 06:48 PM.

Rashad1, can you post screenshots of the setup of your phone without the theme? I usually there are instructions!!! LOL

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boywonder View Post
    Rashad1, can you post screenshots of the setup of your phone without the theme? I usually there are instructions!!! LOL

Page1

Page2

Page3

Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    Page3
    So I got I blank to work. Thank you Rashad1.
    Now, I am trying to figure out what you use on the bottom
    right corner to access next page... (Icon with arrow and
    1 next to it. Is this an app? What does it exactly do?)

Proswitch is great!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

its a springjunp and it tajes u to different pages on homescreen
    search springjump in cydia

Thanks

Just swipe lol...and yeah this theme requires iBlank and SpringJump...thats what that icon with the arrow is
    Last edited by rashad1; 2009-12-21 at 05:17 AM.

hey guys i know this is a noob question but once i download the rar/zip files where do i ssh them to ( which directory in iphone ) also how and with what app do i install them?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joseprofet View Post
    hey guys i know this is a noob question but once i download the rar/zip files where do i ssh them to ( which directory in iphone ) also how and with what app do i install them?
    Private/Var/Stash/Themes...you need Winterboard from Cydia before you attempt to install this theme...you have to unzip it first, I hope you know.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rashad1 For This Useful Post:

joseprofet (2009-12-21)

sounds pretty easy... i have the proswitcher installed and it is great.... it's what multiflow should have been. thanks rashaad if i have any other questions i'll post them

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joseprofet View Post
    sounds pretty easy... i have the proswitcher installed and it is great.... it's what multiflow should have been. thanks rashaad if i have any other questions i'll post them
    No problem, don't forget to thank me in the posts that you find helpful :-)

129mb is pretty low man... I am not satisfied with anything less than 160mb at all times... I get a max of 174mb.

Did you install a custom IPSW or did you use blackra1n? I have found that using custom IPSW's makes for a faster phone. Sadly, I have not found an available custom IPSW for 3.1.2 that works.

tim

whats the name of the sbsettings theme being used by rashaad

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

Its the palm prefection sbsettings theme u can get from cydia.

Thanks

129mb is pretty low man... I am not satisfied with anything less than 160mb at all times... I get a max of 174mb.

Did you install a custom IPSW or did you use blackra1n? I have found that using custom IPSW's makes for a faster phone. Sadly, I have not found an available custom IPSW for 3.1.2 that works.

tim
    I used blackrain, when I free up some memory using processes it goes as high as 150mb

i get a password protect when i download rashad? any help?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crupp View Post
    i get a password protect when i download rashad? any help?
    That's weird, Which file is this?

after I unzip. its starts with DS store and then all of them after that

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

tim
    Klouud,

I recently got back into this theme and love what you and rashad are doing.

Question: A few posts back you talked about how you hate using categories, iblank, springjumps, etc. Are you thus not using any of them for your theme? I guess I do not understand how you have your theme setup if you are not using any of those.

Also, why would your theme say use less resources than Rashads mod?

I agree with you on resources and memory and so i am trying to find the right balance.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    Here are a few custom icons that I made for Flixster, Whatsapp, Cydia, Compass, Starbucks, and Beejive...I hope you enjoy, and don't forget to "thank" me

Any chance you want to upload your photoshop PSD? Im down for making lots of icons but it would easier if you set it all up already.
    Last edited by dharris; 2009-12-22 at 04:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dharris View Post
    Any chance you want to upload your photoshop PSD? Im down for making lots of icons but it would easier if you set it all up already.
    I dont use one, just make sure they are 64x128 in PNG format, the font is Lucida Grande in bold, and use the other icons to help you line up the labels/icons.

I reuploaded the Palm Prefectious theme for those having issues: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6N4819MX

Quote Originally Posted by dharris View Post
    Klouud,

I recently got back into this theme and love what you and rashad are doing.

Question: A few posts back you talked about how you hate using categories, iblank, springjumps, etc. Are you thus not using any of them for your theme? I guess I do not understand how you have your theme setup if you are not using any of those.

Also, why would your theme say use less resources than Rashads mod?

I agree with you on resources and memory and so i am trying to find the right balance.

Thanks.

Rashad1 uses a theme that more closely resembles the Palm Pre - ie: he uses categories, spring jumps, iBlank... blah blah. Consequently he has a free RAM cache of 129-150mb at all times. I tried the Prefection theme out myself and found that it lagged and also did not like the RAM leech that all of the supporting programs cause.

Enter PreTentious! A member on here made this theme using all of the best aspects of every Pre theme with none of the bog down. Instead of hitting the "App Launcher" icon to move to page 1, I just swipe. And instead of having a blank page0 I have Messages in the top left. I place all of my stock apps on page1, downloaded apps on page2, I dock all unused apps within SBSettins, and then put all games on page3.

I get anywhere from 150-174mb of free RAM. The only thing weighing the build down is the HTML that is used to round out the wallpaper. If we could get BossPaper to emulate this, then RAM consumption would be almost 0.

Right now I am using an Android Theme (optimized by me) with a similar build to my modded version of the PreTentious theme.

tim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0018.png   -img_0026.png   -img_0027.png   -img_0028.png   -img_0023.png   -img_0024.png   -img_0025.png  
    Last edited by klouud; 2009-12-22 at 03:53 PM.

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast