Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Preview - the abstract ntw / elegance theme

iPhone? More like MyPhone bootleg's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Preview - the abstract ntw / elegance theme
    i am in the process of previewing a theme that's a combination of both abstract ntw and elegance. it will be using icons based on what i like the art/icons to represent not specifically what they were meant for. here's a screenshot of my current home page. i hope to be able to publish by monday

besides bars' theme "ielegance" the abstract ntw and elegance themes (related but oriented in opposite directions) are my favorites that's why i decided to do a combined version of my own. it will be a no-frills theme concentrating totally on the icons.

the real thanks must go to the original creators of these themes: nettwerk for abstract ntw and emy 81059 for elegance and to my good friend barsoverbeats for creating more icons from images i like.

it's all about imagery for me.

enjoy

alan

notice the calender icon is still in it's orientation to the right. i haven't found the icon replacement yet for it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -home-page-combo-theme.jpg  

Thanks

Looks good! Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by barsoverbeats View Post
    Bars, your amazing.
    Ask and you shall receive.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

barsoverbeats (2009-06-13)

This will be one of the best icon themes available! I will be using it for sure! Thanks bootleg

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Bars, your amazing.
    Ask and you shall receive.
    thanks blkcadi!
    Last edited by barsoverbeats; 2009-06-13 at 05:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I like the look of the icons, not sure I like the larger ones though. Looks nice.

Thanks

well...i'm still selecting images but i thought i'd at least post some progress. only my first page was sized so these are all over the map but you can get an idea where the icons are headed...

when the icons are done, they will be uniform with options of larger ones (the ones i use anyone) plus some alt icons for certain apps.

i encourage you to resize icons to your own likes and dislikes especially as to which you use the most. my largest are text, respring, flashlight, and phone on page one with flashlight slightly smaller than the big three. i also enlarged cydia, finder, and several others...and not always the same. very much by eye. the sizing IS NOT meant to be consistant when enlarging. just like the icon art i selected, i like unequal spacing - positive/negative space...

also in wallpaper i tend toward abstracted photography in the "armani" shades...essentially any color heavily influenced in grey tones. i also sub in apple logo art. there's great apple graphic wallpapers available at devient art and on flickr

well, more later...

btw, the bela/dracula icon is a personal favorite...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0001.png   -img_0002.png   -img_0003.png   -img_0004.png   -img_0005.png   -img_0006.png   -img_0007.png   -img_0008.png  

Thanks

Default Updated pages
    bars and i are getting pretty close now. since this theme is entirely about icons at this point and not the overall platform, we've been taking our time creating ones we like the best. i wanted to post some of our latest. we will at some point get the other areas together but icons first for this theme!

all the art and photography are my personal choices (bars as well) as imagery that meant something to me though i tried to pick from the "iconic" (pardon the pun) viewpoint so as to not make it so personal as to be off-putting. so favorite movies are big, old graphic imagery, recent and historical photography, etc. the only personal political reference is the new york times where the election of obama was shown but there will be alternates for many of the apps.

hope you like the icons so far we have about 600 so far

enjoy

alan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -home-page.png   -my-most-used-apps.png   -games-1.png   -games-2.png   -travel.png   -audio-visual.png   -photography-books.png   -reading.png  

-everything-else-my-phone-.png  

Thanks

Default oh and by the way...
    you will notice that there are some icons that are original itunes icons. i just haven't either found the right substitutions yet or we haven't finished the conversions. for instance for billy frontier i found a great comic book image from cowboys vs aliens. score mobile is a nice cartoon character but i found a great howard cosell and a john madden as substitutes already for that. a great "flux capacitor" will sub in for installer. i have the plaza hotel in new york for hotelsnearme but i have an alt picture of a classic shot of the bev hills hotel as an alt.

uh...

that's it for now