Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [PREVIEW] - iX [ONE]

Smile [PREVIEW] - iX [ONE]

iPhone

[UPDATED] iPod Touch

The 3rd Image in the Second Picture is Boot Logo which is used for both iPhone as well as the iPod Touch.

As i do not have an iPod Touch, the images for the iPod Touch were actually taken off my iPhone thus is why their is the AT&T logo and as the Signal Bar.

-----------------

Theme will be released upon completion, just want some feedback!

Everything is included in Credits.

Thank you.

UPDATE: Upon Release, Users can request custom icons!
    UPDATE: Theme does not use Stack or Categories; however, a version will be made using Categories.

Regards,
    Xevert.
    Last edited by Xevert; 2009-06-11 at 04:37 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Xevert For This Useful Post:

PolskaMax (2009-06-14)

Thanks

looks great would you mind releasing a iPod Touch Friendly version?

Quote Originally Posted by kwall View Post
    looks great would you mind releasing a iPod Touch Friendly version?
    Not at all, I will work on the iPod Version today and release both on same date

est release date?

this is one custom theme i will be replacing my matte nano with, with 3.0 approaching i want to get more use out of my 2.2x

things i like,
    fun ui concept to bring some novelty back to the iphone
    dock ui is very attractive
    the dark minimalist look and feel
    under status bar icons
    the springboard management app (is that a modified version of stack?)
    the removed springboard page indicator dots

things i dislike,
    the reuse of ugly original iphone icons
    the bright wallpaper
    placement, names and choices of stock apps (for this one i try to be simple as possible.. for example i let my girl use my phone all the time, and friends too so i like for them to navigate as if they knew where stuff was without asking or searching, i have no easy solution but i am working on it currently)

requests,
    matching dark dialer
    matching dark keyboard
    Last edited by bunnyspost; 2009-06-10 at 05:44 PM.

^^^
    Thank you for the detailed feed back

iPhone EST Release Date: This Saturday the 13th
    iPod Touch EST Release Date: This Sunday the 14th

Stack? I am not sure to what your referring too, more info please?

I work on the icons again and see what i can come up with, maybe release this version like this, and the 2nd version release with non-apple icons

I will make a dark wallpaper (upon the users request, or maybe have a dark and light version the user can choose from)

I do not have a solution as far as "simplicity" goes, unless i use apples default layout. But i will brainstorm some ideas to see what can be done

*Note: Dates are estimated and may change. Keep checking for updates. Thank you.

Regards,
    Xevert.

here is my ui, as you can see im using a program called stack to prevent overflow to a new springboard page, here is where i keep my commonly use apps hidden with quick access. categories to supplement my large collection of apps including applications, games, and utilities (apps being all entertainment type apps and utils being winterboard, swap camera, and all other system tweak apps i access on a regular function.

^^^

Oh i see what your saying. Actually am only using Sprinjumps. What i have done is made all default or "essential" iPhone apps as the default icons on the first 5 pages and on the 5th page where it says APPS on top right, is actually a spring jump that will take you to the 6th page, therefore, users of the theme can have the remaining 4 pages to fill with application. The wallpaper as you can see from the images changes completely after the 5th page. Hope that answered your question. Feel free to ask anything

Btw i like the theme you are using

Regards,
    Xevert.

nice thank you, im working on some category layouts that i can post in for suggestion, includes basic iphone apps and functions, with options for most popular appstore and non appstore apps to be displayed as well. ill pm when i have a complete idea.

im not a huge fan of the idea of having more than 5 spring pages, and some might be so i would like to see utilization of categories app and youll see more once i post placement suggestions.

also i forgot to mention i would like to request custom sliders, and battery as well, i think those would be a nice second revision and that you should focus on your main work for now.

a suggestion for the wallpapers, drop the color down just a hair and maybe even color it exotic basic colors, could i maybe get your wallpaper so i could tweak around with it?

^^^

Your welcome. I just checked my inbox and i like the idea, i replied back

Yes, but what i dont like about the category application is that you get stuck with default images (unless you make for each app, for some reason framework wont work on their, i figured since it works on the main pages, might as well take advantage of it...instead of having to create new icons for every appstore app.)

Yes, i will be working on that today as well, am currently working on the ipod touch version of theme, and if any luck i will try to finish by the EST dates.

Can you please explain more to the wallpaper suggestion? Thank you.
    Yes i will upload in a sec

Regards,
    Xevert.

i have to ask, how are you showing status on the dock for what page your on? is it a trick icon overlay?

Yes, On the main icons, the icon size is 320x480 and everything around the icon is transparent and basically i just lined up the arrow with the correct "button"

[UPDATE]

I have added the iPod Touch Version, now i will be working on the battery and such!!

Thank you!
    Last edited by Xevert; 2009-06-11 at 02:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Regards,
    Xevert.

Definitely looks great, I look forward to the release.

Looks awesome! But personally i dislike stacks because it slows down my ipod a lot, so i generally stick with Categories. Could you make a Categories version as well? and also for convenience sake, make it so the bottom icons are interchangable? Personally i have a folder for Apps, Games, iPod/Media, Safari and Settings.

Could you possibly do it in this order? or at least one version in this order? Settings -> Safari -> Media -> Apps -> Games

I like having media in the middle of the Ipod because it makes sence

^^^
    But i am neither using stacks or categories in the theme? The last page with icons is simple the 6th page in the theme, basically i changed the whole design. What i did was have all "essential" icons in the first 5 pages and in the 6-9 pages i have the design different so users can have the rest of the pages to fill will personal Apps

What i could do since this theme requires at least 4 pages for default icons is, Setting > Safari > Media > Misc (or Utility) > Apps (and on that page i can have 2 icons that can be folders using categories) unless you have something else in mind?

Let me know. But yes i see what you mean, i will change the media to middle
    Regards,
    Xevert.

Thanks

Looks nice!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Zwayne For This Useful Post:

Xevert (2009-06-11)

Thank you!
    Regards,
    Xevert.

Thanks

yes, an iPod touch version!
    Currently addicted to Modern Warfare 2! add me on PSN: A_Mexican_guy

Quote Originally Posted by Xevert View Post
    ^^^
    But i am neither using stacks or categories in the theme? The last page with icons is simple the 6th page in the theme, basically i changed the whole design. What i did was have all "essential" icons in the first 5 pages and in the 6-9 pages i have the design different so users can have the rest of the pages to fill will personal Apps

What i could do since this theme requires at least 4 pages for default icons is, Setting > Safari > Media > Misc (or Utility) > Apps (and on that page i can have 2 icons that can be folders using categories) unless you have something else in mind?

Let me know. But yes i see what you mean, i will change the media to middle
    I am not quite sure what you mean but perhaps an example? =)

but i understand now, i thought the last page was a stacks application but that is pretty smart =) The mistake was on my part.

I am currently using iNav so i have gotten used to the simplistic and easily organizable giant categories that I just shove into thus i dont have to look for app icons because all i have to do is shove it into the folder and it looks fine =)With all the icons that will be needed because everyone has different "high usage" apps, the icon requests will flood so much.

^^^

To what are you referring too? what do you need an example of?

It's okay, no worries, i updated my post as well

Well, the icons in the last page are using an FrameKit (or overlay images) which allow the icons to appear that way, it is basically all default app icons but i will make a categorized version as well
    Regards,
    Xevert.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast