Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 43

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: [RELEASE] Retrofuturist

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Quister View Post
    Did you install the 1.3 update? Since I don't own an iphone (only ipod touch) I can't test a lot of icons, but I thought I got it right in this release.

    I'm working on a new update, so far it contains a couple of additional icons and some tweaks for the metal background. If any of you has some more requests, feel free to ask.

    Yeah I have 1.3. Hmm, strange that it would only happen to this icon. I wonder if anyone else is having this issue with an iphone?

  2. #22
    It's probably a problem with he name of the icon file, I'll take a look at other themes to see how they do it.

  3. #23
    Not in a rush or being pushy, just wanted to check in on my icon request.

    thanks!

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by phreakwenci View Post
    Not in a rush or being pushy, just wanted to check in on my icon request.

    thanks!
    Weren't they in the 1.3 update? If some om them are missing, could you tell me which ones are missing? If they're all missing I've done something very wrong.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Quister View Post
    Weren't they in the 1.3 update? If some om them are missing, could you tell me which ones are missing? If they're all missing I've done something very wrong.
    yep, they were there. My bad hadn't checked cydia in a while! BTW, the icons look amazing! Seriously, I'm an icon critic, and I love the way they look, great stuff!

    I like the random splashes of color here and there like on GV mobile, perfect!

    I only have 4 more that I'd like to have.

    Sonic 2
    Real Racing
    Chronus
    AppBackup

    BTW, have you thought of expanding the icon frames ( the little lines on the dock itself that frame the icons perfectly if you only have 4 icons?) on the icon dock for a 5 icon dock, maybe even possibly a steampunk slider icon for the lockscreen? also how do I change the time on the clock from 24 hr format?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0015.png   -img_0017.png  

  6. #26
    The 4 icons are added to my "Icons to create" list. The wider dock is pretty easy to do (it will be an additional theme in winterboard, just containing the dock) which I'll probably include in the same 1.4 update as the icons.

    Slider is some more work, but totally possible. I'll have to try some new techniques for a 24-hour clock, the obvious coice would double the current size of the theme, which I'm very reluctant to do. There's some other things I could try, but that'll take time.

    I'll all have to wait until Dev Team releases the new Quickpwn anyway, I foolishly upgraded to 3.0 before checking it could be jailbroken..

  7. #27
    I just submitted an update to be added to Cydia. It contains a custom spotlight icon, about eleven new app icons, a wallpaper for Five Icon Dock, a custom slider and fixes a slight problem with the pagedots. I hope you guys like it. If not, just tell me and I'll change it.

    The update will probably show up on Cydia within the next 24 hours or so.
    Last edited by Quister; 2009-06-23 at 01:23 AM.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Quister View Post
    I just submitted an update to be added to Cydia. It contains a custom spotlight icon, about eleven new app icons, a wallpaper for Five Icon Dock, a custom slider and fixes a slight problem with the pagedots. I hope you guys like it. If not, just tell me and I'll change it.

    The update will probably show up on Cydia within the next 24 hours or so.

    Great update! Thanks... Awesome looking theme!

  9. #29
    hey

    I really love this theme, i have 1.4 installed on iphone 3.0 firmware and theres still no sms icon which makes it all look so wrong

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishnian View Post
    hey

    I really love this theme, i have 1.4 installed on iphone 3.0 firmware and theres still no sms icon which makes it all look so wrong
    I thought I finally had that one fixed. Can you tell me a theme that has a working sms icon? Then I can take a look to see how it's done there.

  11. #31
    Umm I have no idea to be honest. The theme I normally use has a broken SMS icon too now. I think in the 3.0 firmware they must have renamed it.

    If I remember when I get home I'll try search for it

  12. #32
    I already got a fix, Apple desides SMS needed a new name.

    I'm currently havind issues with the .pls files that control the display of text, once I've got that sorted out I'll have a small new release. Hopefully that will be tonight, otherwise it'll have to wait till after the weekend.

    edit: I got some time to get a colleague to test it and submit the update during my lunch break. It will be on Cydia soon.
    Last edited by Quister; 2009-06-26 at 01:37 PM.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Quister For This Useful Post:

    JakeA712 (2009-07-03)

  14. #33
    sweet thanks

  15. #34
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bantown, Cheltenham, England.
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I love this theme, especially how there is so many icons already there. Would be nice if BossPrefs already had an icon, but it only takes about 30 seconds to change one of the brushes ones to it, so it's a small matter. I would like to see a way to remove the undocked icon names, but otherwise, as I said, it's a great theme.

  16. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeA712 View Post
    I love this theme, especially how there is so many icons already there. Would be nice if BossPrefs already had an icon, but it only takes about 30 seconds to change one of the brushes ones to it, so it's a small matter. I would like to see a way to remove the undocked icon names, but otherwise, as I said, it's a great theme.
    I'll add the icon in the next small update. I'll have to test a way to remove undocked labels, but I think it will be possible.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Quister For This Useful Post:

    JakeA712 (2009-07-07)

  18. #36
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bantown, Cheltenham, England.
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Thanks for that. Again, I love this theme.

  19. #37
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    yew nork
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Hey, i really like this theme, but i downloaded it and it doesnt seem to work entirely. when i get to the homescreen there is no wood background, and i don't see any options for multiple backgrounds in winterboard, and the dock doesnt seem to appear either. if anyone can help me out thatd be great!

  20. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfentir View Post
    Hey, i really like this theme, but i downloaded it and it doesnt seem to work entirely. when i get to the homescreen there is no wood background, and i don't see any options for multiple backgrounds in winterboard, and the dock doesnt seem to appear either. if anyone can help me out thatd be great!
    I'd guess something has gone wrong in the download. I'd recommend you search for the theme in Cydia (or Icy, but since I don't use that one and can't give much help on it) and hit Modify-> Reinstall. If this doesn't help, I'd like to ask you what of the theme does actually show up in Winterboard. There should be 5 different Retrofuturist themes in there.

    On a side note, if you look at the "Steampunk" theme on Cydia, it would appear that I've been plagiarized for the first time. I don't know whether to proud or angry.

  21. #39
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    yew nork
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Quister View Post
    I'd guess something has gone wrong in the download. I'd recommend you search for the theme in Cydia (or Icy, but since I don't use that one and can't give much help on it) and hit Modify-> Reinstall. If this doesn't help, I'd like to ask you what of the theme does actually show up in Winterboard. There should be 5 different Retrofuturist themes in there.

    On a side note, if you look at the "Steampunk" theme on Cydia, it would appear that I've been plagiarized for the first time. I don't know whether to proud or angry.
    Well, what I see in Winterboard is "Retrofuturist No Icon Labels, Retrofuturist Metal Wallpaper, Base, 5-Icon and 5-icon Metal" I dont know if thats 5 different themes or just preferences. I just tried selecting one at a time and that didn't change anything, still no background or dock. I'll try reinstalling it, see if that works

  22. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfentir View Post
    Well, what I see in Winterboard is "Retrofuturist No Icon Labels, Retrofuturist Metal Wallpaper, Base, 5-Icon and 5-icon Metal" I dont know if thats 5 different themes or just preferences. I just tried selecting one at a time and that didn't change anything, still no background or dock. I'll try reinstalling it, see if that works
    Ah, it seems like the download is correct. The easiest way to set up the theme is to drag them in Winterboard in the following order:

    No Icon Labels
    5-icon metal
    5-icon
    Metal
    Base

    If you want the theme, base should be checked. Then, if you'd like a metal background, a five icon dock or no labels, you can check those in addition to the base one.

    I hope this helps. I'll include a help file with the next release.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •