Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pre-Tend Theme

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Pre-Tend Theme
    This amazing looking theme was in no way created by me. The creator is James Meister he is very talented so check him out at James Meister - Graphic Design

Ok to the theme its a mix between iPod and iPhone so you can use on either device. You may have to do some renaming. The reason I posted this theme on here is because the download include a PSD file and well I figured our community can help make more icons and wallpapers. So lets get to work to go icon crazy. Thanks to James Meister

Screenshot

If you wanna download check him out at jamesmeister.com/icons where he has his own download
    link FOR FREE!!!!!
    Last edited by iMacMar; 2009-05-16 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Removed Download Until Premission is obtained !!

Did you ask the author's permission to distribute his work?

im using this now, its awesome but it need s more icons

This is another of that leaked theme. Thread should be deleted as well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bishopazrael View Post
    This is another of that leaked theme. Thread should be deleted as well.
    I don't see how this is a leaked of the theme.. Its not like its not available anywhere. I just posted a link to his site and download link.. I don't understand the big he made the theme for people with iPhones and iPods use for free. In no way are we stealing or causing him harm if anything we are giving him publicity which I think he deserves he has more themes on he site, I posted the link for that. So instead of being concered about closing the thread we should be appreciating and admiring this guys work as well as helping expand by using the given PSD files to make more icon.

You just don't get it. You don't get to decide for him whether or not to publish HIS work on this site. You don't get to just post some guy's work on whatever website you want to. Its HIS work, not yours. You didn't even have the common decency and common courtesy to ask him for his permission first before doing it. You have no idea if he wanted it published here or not.

Most sites that have been around longer than this one will have rules that cover this to say that the only time you can publish is if you're the author of the work. You don't know if he was trying to sell it or not, and what if he was? And you just gave it out for free. Since you don't know, and you don't understand GTFO! Who are you to assume you know what's best for his work? Show some respect next time. Snot nosed little ankle biters like you are whats exactly wrong with this community. Did you donate to him for his hard work? Of course not. Did you email him to say " Thanks for the theme.. its great.. BTW... can i post a link on a forum so more people can see it?" Of course you didn't.

You are in the wrong. Now act like a man even if you aren't and admit it, because I can tell you really have no concept of boundries. You do not want to proceed with your current attitude. I'm tired of seeing jerks like you come into a community and ruin it for your own selfish gain.

Thanks

You just don't get it. You don't get to decide for him whether or not to publish HIS work on this site. You don't get to just post some guy's work on whatever website you want to. Its HIS work, not yours. You didn't even have the common decency and common courtesy to ask him for his permission first before doing it. You have no idea if he wanted it published here or not.

Most sites that have been around longer than this one will have rules that cover this to say that the only time you can publish is if you're the author of the work. You don't know if he was trying to sell it or not, and what if he was? And you just gave it out for free. Since you don't know, and you don't understand GTFO! Who are you to assume you know what's best for his work? Show some respect next time. Snot nosed little ankle biters like you are whats exactly wrong with this community. Did you donate to him for his hard work? Of course not. Did you email him to say " Thanks for the theme.. its great.. BTW... can i post a link on a forum so more people can see it?" Of course you didn't.

You are in the wrong. Now act like a man even if you aren't and admit it, because I can tell you really have no concept of boundries. You do not want to proceed with your current attitude. I'm tired of seeing jerks like you come into a community and ruin it for your own selfish gain.
    I assume you have emailed the creator and told him that his theme is being distributed on here, right? Then I'm sure he will be in contact with MMI and they will remove the theme at his request.

Oh wait, you never bothered to email? Cool.
    To live, you have to lie

Thanks

Ok im not even gonna got into a complete argument I dont really care if you guys use the theme or not. I already have it on my phone and im loving it so there's no gain for me to see other people with it. I just thought this community was built by user who bring things to this site. Thats all im simply trying to do. Now I will delete the download think, but I will think that its ok to keep the link to his own site where you or anyone else can download his work like he intended it to be or else he would have not upload the theme for download FOR FREE. Also I would like to say I did send him an email I am waiting for a reply and when he does reply I will let everyone know what he thinks.. Im sure he thinks this is all stupid seeing how HE POSTED THE THEME TO BE DOWNLOADED ALL OVER BY PEOPLE WHO LOVE THERE IPHONE/IPOD!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by iMacMar View Post
    Ok im not even gonna got into a complete argument I dont really care if you guys use the theme or not. I already have it on my phone and im loving it so there's no gain for me to see other people with it. I just thought this community was built by user who bring things to this site. Thats all im simply trying to do. Now I will delete the download think, but I will think that its ok to keep the link to his own site where you or anyone else can download his work like he intended it to be or else he would have not upload the theme for download FOR FREE. Also I would like to say I did send him an email I am waiting for a reply and when he does reply I will let everyone know what he thinks.. Im sure he thinks this is all stupid seeing how HE POSTED THE THEME TO BE DOWNLOADED ALL OVER BY PEOPLE WHO LOVE THERE IPHONE/IPOD!!!!!
    You try to show this community some great themes out there and all they do is b%^$h that you didn't get permission. IF U LIKE THE THEME DOWNLOAD IT. He did give credit to him at least so its not like he pretending its his.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jessyreynosa3 View Post
    You try to show this community some great themes out there and all they do is b%^ that you didn't get permission. IF U LIKE THE THEME DOWNLOAD IT. He did give credit to him at least so its not like he pretending its his.
    Thank you man and they say we are messing up the community by sharing great things wow ok... lol

Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 224 Posts

Love the quality of the icons..very nice theme...bad "Pre" theme

Wow. 1st, I did email the owner. Since the other thread with the same theme was deleted "by request" as the admin said.... I'll have to assume that the owner asked them to take it down.

2nd. Its great to share. I'm a seeder without peer, even here in the US. I love sharing. But you guys are missing the entire point. If you don't create it, you don't have the right to post it any where you please. Maybe his site is ad supported. You don't see his business model.... put up free stuff so that people can come to his site for it, and also look at the other cool stuff as well... some of which is his fracking resume because he's clearly looking for work. Making and giving out a theme is his way of bringing people to his site. You take away valuable hits to his site by posting the direct DL link. Now... posting his page's address is a step in the right direction. But you don't know what his intentions were you don't know what he wanted to gain by having it hosted on his site. Did you see links to other sites? No. Clearly indicating that he wanted his work to be presented on his site, and his site only. Who the frak are you to say... "I don't like that idea so I'm just going to spread his work around... I'm not stealing it.... I'm just doing him a favor by putting his work out wherever I see fit."

This whole thing is about respect. Respect for the man that created it. You showed him absolutely NONE by not emailing him and asking if it was ok. You both seem to think that there's no problem here.. which is exactly your problem. You didn't think about the owner, you just wanted to spread the word, thereby making yourselves feel good and have people come to your thread and thank you for it... not the original owner..

But what do you care? Its not like its your work being posted without your permission.

[QUOTE=iMacMar;4165731]Now I will delete the download think, but I will think that its ok to keep the link to his own site where you or anyone else can download his work like he intended it to be../QUOTE]

emphasis mine....

You just admitted that you did something with the work that the owner DIDN'T intend.

As a matter of fact I did. There was another post with his theme and it was deleted "BY REQUEST" by the mods. I didn't request it so I'm sure the owner did. And the fact that he hasn't posted his theme here after that fact... says LOADS, and it tells me that I was right all along. If he had wanted his work posted here he would have done so.
    Last edited by bishopazrael; 2009-05-16 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by ebl4287 View Post
    Love the quality of the icons..very nice theme...bad "Pre" theme
    Are you saying its a nice theme, but not a good pre theme.
    If so , I kinda thought the same.
    Dont get me wrong the quality of his theme and icons are super clean and perfect, but if it wasnt for the background(which is my favorite part of the theme) wasnt there, you wouldnt be able to tell its a pre theme.

I wish it could of have identical pre icons with five icon dock, plus the original wallpaper(not grayed out).

Thanks

[quote=bishopazrael;4166361]Wow. 1st, I did email the owner. Since the other thread with the same theme was deleted "by request" as the admin said.... I'll have to assume that the owner asked them to take it down.

2nd. Its great to share. I'm a seeder without peer, even here in the US. I love sharing. But you guys are missing the entire point. If you don't create it, you don't have the right to post it any where you please. Maybe his site is ad supported. You don't see his business model.... put up free stuff so that people can come to his site for it, and also look at the other cool stuff as well... some of which is his fracking resume because he's clearly looking for work. Making and giving out a theme is his way of bringing people to his site. You take away valuable hits to his site by posting the direct DL link. Now... posting his page's address is a step in the right direction. But you don't know what his intentions were you don't know what he wanted to gain by having it hosted on his site. Did you see links to other sites? No. Clearly indicating that he wanted his work to be presented on his site, and his site only. Who the frak are you to say... "I don't like that idea so I'm just going to spread his work around... I'm not stealing it.... I'm just doing him a favor by putting his work out wherever I see fit."

This whole thing is about respect. Respect for the man that created it. You showed him absolutely NONE by not emailing him and asking if it was ok. You both seem to think that there's no problem here.. which is exactly your problem. You didn't think about the owner, you just wanted to spread the word, thereby making yourselves feel good and have people come to your thread and thank you for it... not the original owner..

But what do you care? Its not like its your work being posted without your permission.

Quote Originally Posted by iMacMar View Post
    Now I will delete the download think, but I will think that its ok to keep the link to his own site where you or anyone else can download his work like he intended it to be../QUOTE]

emphasis mine....

You just admitted that you did something with the work that the owner DIDN'T intend.

As a matter of fact I did. There was another post with his theme and it was deleted "BY REQUEST" by the mods. I didn't request it so I'm sure the owner did. And the fact that he hasn't posted his theme here after that fact... says LOADS, and it tells me that I was right all along. If he had wanted his work posted here he would have done so.
    This is my last reply because its pretty clear you enjoy arguing with people online since you have no balls in real life... I just wanted to point out that if I had anything that I created and im offering it for free I would love that people like what I did enough to spread the word online as long as im given credit. I mean isn't that word of mouth advertisement is. Come on man i understand what your saying and that's fine. You said what you had to say lets just drop it. The theme is amazing so let people who want to tak about the theme talk about it. Oh yea the creator didnt post the theme thats another Pre theme. With that said im going skateboarding peace out

1st, your personal attack shows you lost this argument. I've not attacked you personally. You have no idea what I'm like in real life. You'd do well to remember that. I have no balls? Ok.

Look I want to be clear. Spreading the word is what this site is about. But you have to realize that when someone posts something on their site, its usually a way to get traffic driven to their site and show off their work and in this case specifically, his resume. Its his way of getting work. That should have been very clear to the OP but it wasn't. Its fine that he wants to spread the word. But a quick email would have been sufficient. He assumed that he knew the answer, and he was wrong. Someone above stated that this was a different Pre theme, and I hate to say it but its not different, they're both from the same guy.

I looked. Unlike you. You've shot your mouth off and proven that you don't know what you're talking about. But this isn't about you or me. I think I've finished with you. You've admitted that my points were valid.

So lets just close this. The point's been clear. Posting something you didn't make without the owner's express consent just isn't cool.

/end trans.

ummm.... yea. I went crazy looking for it after i saw it in gizmodo

beautiful theme!

Thanks

Well, when Meister (RightOn) decides to release it, I guess he'll make a nice, calm thread. I doubt anyone would want this one to be representing his theme...