Page 15 of 74 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Nostalgia] iNitsua 3.0

iPhone? More like MyPhone rboileau's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by k.nitsua View Post
    You don't need to do that... Just save a wallpaper as the default wallpaper on the iPhone and place "User Wallpaper" over the theme in Winterboard.
    True, I guess that would work, but that would also change my lockscreen, no? I made a custom lockscreen (until your official one comes out), so I wanted to keep that and the wallpaper separate.

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,217 Times in 2,596 Posts

It wouldn't replace the lockscreen unless you place "User Lockscreen" above the theme as well. If you made a custom wallpaper... SSH THAT wallpaper into the theme folder as "LockBackground.png"

That will make it the default Lockscreen background. Now you are free to change the springboard wallpaper on the fly as you please without having to SSH every single one of them.

I'm thinking about lightening up the Page#.png's so that the icons show up more easily on nearly any wallpaper. Or creating a custom winterboard mod option so that when you DO use a light or dark background, you have the option to change the Page pngs.

As you can see, I'm shooting to make this the most customizable theme out there without the need for SSH.

Btw, can you send me your weather widget?

Quote Originally Posted by UofMBob View Post
    Attachment 307081
    this one show's you what I am talking about just a hair off
    I think you still have Five Column Springboard still on.
    Last edited by k.nitsua; 2009-05-28 at 03:33 AM.
    #eli7e revived me

3. The Following User Says Thank You to k.nitsua For This Useful Post:

UofMBob (2009-05-28)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

yes i do i forgot to turn it off sorry for the trouble

Thanks

Did anyone use the Set-Up theme?
    #eli7e revived me

yeah i did and it helped sooo much! I have been waiting since day 1 for this update, and it now looks perfect!! thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by k.nitsua View Post
    It wouldn't replace the lockscreen unless you place "User Lockscreen" above the theme as well. If you

made a custom wallpaper... SSH THAT wallpaper into the theme folder as "LockBackground.png"

That will make it the default Lockscreen background. Now you are free to change the springboard wallpaper on the fly as you please

without having to SSH every single one of them.

I'm thinking about lightening up the Page#.png's so that the icons show up more easily on nearly any wallpaper. Or creating a custom

winterboard mod option so that when you DO use a light or dark background, you have the option to change the Page pngs.

As you can see, I'm shooting to make this the most customizable theme out there without the need for SSH.

Btw, can you send me your weather widget?
    Ah, I see OK thanks so much for taking the time to explain that... I never really understood those options in Winterboard haha. It

makes it a lot easier.

As for your idea to lighten up the Page#.png's, I say go for it. To have the option to use either a light or dark mod would be great. Keep

the current one though, because with the wallpaper I'm using now (and your default one), it looks perfect. So yeah, I wouldn't replace

the current one completely, but rather offer another one in addition.

As for the weather widget, of course I can share it! I can however take no credit whatsoever for it, as it was not created by me. I got it

here:

http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?

t=95468

Now, naturally I had to make adjustments to it to get it to look like the way it does. Here's what I did... not too difficult really, as I'm

sure you'll be able to understand this with no problem.

1. Download the weather widget:

http://www.zepto-angstrom.co.uk/WeatherWidget/WeatherWidget.theme.zip

2. Don't SSH the WeatherWidget.theme folder into your device... rather, we need to do some editing on the files included in it, and then

insert it not as it's own theme, but rather as a mod onto iNitsua.

3. First, open up the WeatherWidget.theme folder and copy the entire "Private" folder, and paste it into the iNitsua theme folder.

4. Next, copy the Wallpaper.html from the WeatherWidget.theme folder and paste it into the iNitsua theme folder as well. (Just a side

note - thank you SO MUCH k.nitsua for calling your clock/calendar .html widget "Widget.html" and not "Wallpaper.html", which makes

this step SO MUCH easier)

5. Next, now that the necessary files are in the iNitsua theme, using your SSH program go into iNitsua and then into the newly added

"Private" folder. Open up "configureMe.js" for editing (preferably with notepad)

6. Using Ctrl+F find where it says var locale =
    This is where you will put your city and state, separated by a comma. For example, I have Philadelphia, PA for mine.

7. Right below that you will see var isCelsius =
    Set this to false if you want Fahrenheit temperature, and true if you want Celsius.

8. Underneath that is realfeel, I recommend keeping that to false.

9. Underneath that you will see Enable Wallpaper and/or Lockscreen. I honestly never tried using the lockscreen one, so experiment

with that if you want, but you definitely want the "var enableWallpaper =" to be set to true, so that the widget shows up on the

springboard.

10. Next is an important step. You will now see var stylesheetWall =
    Here, you want to put the word oneLine in between the two apostrophes (spelled just like that - one word, with a capital L)
    (Experiment with the lockscreen one here if you want as well)

11. After completing all of that, save the file and close it. We're almost done - just have to set the placement of the widget now.

12. Open the Stylesheets folder now, and then open oneLine.css for editing.

13. Under the #WeatherContainer{ category, find where it says margin-top: and set that to -3px;

14. 3 lines below that, you'll see background-color:
    Set that to rgba(56,56,56,0);

15. You're finished! Save that file, and respring your device. Any questions or problems let me know.

Thanks

So you made this a wallpaper.html? Well, custom wallpapers via WINTERBOARD won't work for you. At least it won't keep the weather widget.

I'll implement this in the next revision as an optional widget.html and give it a more iNitsua look.

While I'm posting, I just want to say that it's getting REALLY hard to fulfill all these icon requests... there are so damn many and hardly any information on them from posters.

So here's the deal, all past icon requests are no longer taken into account. I've given all the icons I've made after the laptop crash into the last update. From here on out, everyone gets 5 icon requests:

- Name of app (as it appears on the springboard/quickgold - capitilization counts)
    - Where to download it? Cydia, AppStore, etc.
    - Recommended: Picture or link to picture of the current icon
    - Optional: Description of what the app does.

I know this seems like a hassle, BUT CAN YOU GUYS IMAGINE THE HASSLE I WENT THROUGH TO SEARCH THIS STUFF UP WHILE WORKING ON THE THEME?!?! So please, help a fella out here.
    Last edited by k.nitsua; 2009-05-28 at 05:40 AM.
    #eli7e revived me

How do you undo the landscape statusbar? I want to put the portrait version but I don't want the landscape statusbar then. Thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

you got to swap out the info.plists and info strings that you changed with the original ones. I did this using nitsua's guide in reverse

I don't really understand all this. Sorry for being a n00b. I did try but it still didn't work. Sorry.

the psd , please!!!!!!

ok heres my icon request please:

Finder (download through cydia)
    ProCamera (download through appstore, sorry no pic)
    MewSeek Pro (download through cydia)
    Time Crisis (appstore)
    Underworld (appstore)

lol if ur not busy (probably r but anyways.........
    DigiDrummer (appstore)
    iShoot (appstore)
    Ocarina (appstore)
    IM+ (appstore)
    dTunes (cydia)
    Snapture (cydia)

o yea and im using your portrait theme so make it compatable plz
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2009-05-28 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

@schnedi - Maybe he doesn't want to release the PSD...

@callum15757 - A few posts above, Nitsua mentioned how busy he was and how hard it is to fulfill the icon requests he has, so he kindly asked if all requests could be limited to 5 per person. Of course he's busy!

Anyways, this afternoon after lunch I'm going to begin working on some icons for this theme. I still have the original PSD template that Nitsua released on the 2.0.2 beta version, so I'll work from there. No idea how they'll turn out, but I'm going to give it a shot. If it turns out I can create the icons, I'll be more than happy to help and take some of the burden off of Nitsua in the ways of icons, so he can concentrate on the theme itself and make it even better than it already is

Check back a while later, I may have something. For now... I'm hungry.

EDIT: So, what do ya' know. Turns out making these icons is easier than I thought, however very time consuming. I'm in the process of making the icons now... so far I've made Underworld and Time Crisis, and I think they turned out great. I just want to finish the other 3 you requested in the original list and I'll post them up.
    Last edited by rboileau; 2009-05-28 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Creating icons

15. The Following User Says Thank You to rboileau For This Useful Post:

Schnedi (2009-05-28)

anyone know a way to change the names of the image above?

Thanks

I'll post the PSD tonight, working a double shift at the hospital today so it'll be late tonight but I don't mind releasing that PSD and a new icon template.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to k.nitsua For This Useful Post:

[email protected] (2009-05-28), Schnedi (2009-05-28)

thanks man , Sorry for being so heavy

Thanks

Here's Finder, ProCamera, MewSeek Pro, Time Crisis, and Underworld. These icons are actually fun to make!

You didn't give me the names of the icons on the springboard, so I'm assuming that they're the same. If for some reason an icon doesn't show up it's because it's not the same as the name on the springboard, and therefore you'll simply have to rename it.

I've included both landscape and portrait versions. I know I've said it a million times already, but thanks Nitsua for an awesome theme! Now that I can make icons, it's even better!

I'm happy to make icons for whoever needs them, just post requests here. I'll go on to work on callum's additional 5 now.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

21. The Following User Says Thank You to rboileau For This Useful Post:

[email protected] (2009-05-28)

Thanks

EDIT: Updated (and now working) landscape version of all of these icons can be found on page 24 of this thread.

Since the icons have the same filenames, I needed to make a second post for the landscape versions. Here ya go.

EDIT: For these, in order for them to be their normal size, you need to right click on them and open them up in a new window/tab, then save them, because the forum shrunk them down to fit in this attachment window.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -finder.png   -mewseek-pro.png   -procamera.png   -time-crisis.png   -underworld.png  
    Last edited by rboileau; 2009-05-30 at 06:09 AM. Reason: Icon sizing

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rboileau For This Useful Post:

[email protected] (2009-05-28), LigerLuvr9210 (2009-07-20)

ok thanx for the icons rBoileau- they look great! will try them soon and sorry 4 askin so many!

but thanx again, seems your doing well editing/moddin this theme(wi wallpaper, widgets, icons).

and sory nitsua 4got ur busy wi 3.0- gd luck

o yea nd mind sharin the psd file you use to make these portrait icons??plz im sure you'd help others as well as me and thanx also if you make other icons too`!
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2009-05-28 at 10:07 PM. Reason: template

Thanks

EDIT: Updated (and now working) landscape version of all of these icons can be found on page 24 of this thread.

Here's DigiDrummer

It's easier for me to upload the images to my Photobucket, then just post them in the post and not as an attachment, that way I can include both portrait and landscape in the same post.

Also, I am using Nitsua's landscape PSD for the portrait icons... all i'm doing is before reorienting the PSD for landscape, I copy the merged layers of the image and paste them into a new Photoshop canvas. I need to resize the image by 2 pixels in its height though, because it needs to be 89x64, and Photoshop always wants to make it 89x62. So I add the 2 pixels in height, save it as a .png, and there you go

iShoot:

Also, since these icons are coming from the same Photobucket album, Photobucket is automatically adding a "-1" to one of the image names, so be careful. Make sure when you save the image you get rid of the -1 from the name.

Ocarina:

IM+:

Last edited by rboileau; 2009-05-30 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 15 of 74 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast