Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [PREVIEW] iNav/Shinicons inspired theme - your thoughts?

Default [RELEASE] iNav/Shinicons inspired theme - 3 different version's
    Been using the Shinicons theme for some time and after trying iNav i was inspired by its unique setup compared to other themes i have tried.

I wanted a theme which was a little more forgiving in using non custom icons, so how i have it setup it doesn't look out of place with default icons on the springboard.

So far this is kinda a work in progress as i still need to get permission from the authors of some of the elements i have borrowed from other themes.

Just wanted to get an idea if anyone is interested in something like this.

Thanks

-[EDIT]-

Here is the release of my iNav inspired theme. It uses some elements from the Shinicons and Shinicons2 theme so thanks to the author of Shinicons and iNav for their creative minds. Would also like to thank the author of the iNinja theme for using the status bar icons in the 'point' theme.

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS

Requirements for all 3 themes:

iBlank
    5 Icon Dock
    5 Icon Springboard
    Springjumps
    Categories
    BlankNull - Apple-News.fr/repo
    Liveclock

Please install all these from Cydia before anything.

DO NOT SELECT THEME IN WINTERBOARD YET

Now to arrange your springboard to work well with these 3 themes isn't too hard. Basically the only requirement is to have an icon in the middle of each springboard page. So for example, Phone, Safari, iPod and so on. This is the 13th icon counting down from the top-left of the springboard.

Spring jumps setup

In the spring jumps settings turn off all pages except 0, 1, 2, 3, 4

Move this spring jump icons into your 5 icon dock numbered 0, 1, 2, 3, 4.

Categories Setup

Create a folder called 'Apps' (without the ' ')
    Create a folder called 'Games' (without the ' ')

Move Apps icon to 3rd springboard page and into the 13th position on springboard.

Move Games icon to 4th springboard page and into the 13th position on springboard.

iBlank and Blanknull Setup

I count how many icons i will have on a certain page, so for my Springboard (Page0) i have 7 icons including phone icon in middle. For this page i will create 13 blanks with iBlank. This way it fills the page and when adding new apps etc the icon won't be placed on this page.

Basically repeat this for all 5 pages.

After this is done add the blanknull repo source and install it through cydia.

That should be about it. Select which theme you want in winterboard and your good to go. I also have 'No Undocked Icon Labels' and No Docked Icon Labels' ticked in winterboard.

I hope you enjoy this theme.

DOWNLOAD

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -preview.png  
    Last edited by version; 2009-04-19 at 11:48 AM.

ehhhhhhhhh

I think it's an interesting idea.

How does it work? Do the large icons in the center pop up when you tap the ones in the dock? Or do you still have to swipe through and use the large ones?

Quote Originally Posted by lostprophet894 View Post
    I think it's an interesting idea.

How does it work? Do the large icons in the center pop up when you tap the ones in the dock? Or do you still have to swipe through and use the large ones?
    Basically the icons at the bottom are part of the dock, similar to iNav making the spring jump icons invisible. So clicking on those takes you to each page with a big icon.

I'm not that happy with the background but still working on it..

iPhone? More like MyPhone ithug's Avatar
    Thanks

for the background why not make a different one for each page. thatll be somthing new

An iNav retro theme.... interesting

Had another little play around last night and came up with this idea instead of the one i had. How do you like it compared to the first screenshots?

Last edited by version; 2009-04-16 at 09:25 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by version View Post
    Had another little play around last night and came up with this idea instead of the one i had. How do you like it compared to the first screenshots?

if you got rid of the boxes inside the iphone on each page, and just made the Apps, Phone, Games, etc, inside the iphone, it would look better. imo anyway

Quote Originally Posted by eatjello View Post
    if you got rid of the boxes inside the iphone on each page, and just made the Apps, Phone, Games, etc, inside the iphone, it would look better. imo anyway
    ya i was thinking that also...i'll give it a shot... thanks

nah man leave it like that well i like it =)

Just another idea i had. Might just release them all if i get permission from the owners of some of the content i have used.

Last edited by version; 2009-04-16 at 09:26 AM.

I like the idea. I've been looking for a Theme for Springjumps. Please share!!

Maybe you could change "Safari" to "Internet" and "iPod" to "Media"?
    That way we could put our own apps on each page.

Quote Originally Posted by allan1 View Post
    I like the idea. I've been looking for a Theme for Springjumps. Please share!!

Maybe you could change "Safari" to "Internet" and "iPod" to "Media"?
    That way we could put our own apps on each page.
    Was thinking the exact same thing last night. I've made the changes and will release it soon so you can try it out. Just waiting on some people to get back to me for the go ahead to use their stuff.

I'm digging it! Love the concept! I hate being restricted by pre-made wallpapers. Great concept, sir. Lots of potential here.

Quote Originally Posted by HisNameIsAngel View Post
    I'm digging it! Love the concept! I hate being restricted by pre-made wallpapers. Great concept, sir. Lots of potential here.
    Thanks man...i've pretty much got it all packaged up and ready to submit. As i said before just waiting on permission to use some of the elements.

I'll also include the .psd's of course so you can change the bottom dock text, main middle icon text and all colors to the elements of the springboard.

This is close to what the final will look like.

Last edited by version; 2009-04-16 at 09:28 AM.

Hella clean.

The only thing that would stop me from using this is memory usage. How is it faring for you? I know you would never bag on your own creation, but i'd rather here it honestly from you than find out and be disappointed later.

My problem with these inav themes is that they eat up memory, apps load hella slow, and things take forever in general...winterobard is bad enough as it is!

but yeah. It's so simple, i really do like it.

Quote Originally Posted by n.sina View Post
    Hella clean.

The only thing that would stop me from using this is memory usage. How is it faring for you? I know you would never bag on your own creation, but i'd rather here it honestly from you than find out and be disappointed later.

My problem with these inav themes is that they eat up memory, apps load hella slow, and things take forever in general...winterobard is bad enough as it is!

but yeah. It's so simple, i really do like it.
    Hey mate, Haven't noticed any major issues regarding memory at the moment. No more than usual using other winterboard themes. I'm still yet to optimize the images etc so this will bring file size and load times down slightly. Thanks for ya comments though.

i like all 3 concepts so far, but imo concept 2 is looking my favourite, its so simple and not in your face like some others, i mean, im not really a theme designer (mytheme had 2 comments, 1)lmao 2)thats not nice) but yeah number 2 concept is awsome.

keep up the good work man, and send me some tips lol.

i have been freelance graphic designing for nearly 10 years i just get stuck with all the differnt codes, and filenames on iphone lol.

Quote Originally Posted by steadler View Post
    i like all 3 concepts so far, but imo concept 2 is looking my favourite, its so simple and not in your face like some others, i mean, im not really a theme designer (mytheme had 2 comments, 1)lmao 2)thats not nice) but yeah number 2 concept is awsome.

keep up the good work man, and send me some tips lol.

i have been freelance graphic designing for nearly 10 years i just get stuck with all the differnt codes, and filenames on iphone lol.
    Thanks for ya kind words. I'm going away for a couple of days but hoping by the time i get back i'll be able to release all three versions of the theme.

Quote Originally Posted by version View Post
    Thanks for ya kind words. I'm going away for a couple of days but hoping by the time i get back i'll be able to release all three versions of the theme.

well i hope so mate, im looking forward to this one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast