Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Preview] iApple Landscape

Default [Preview] iApple Landscape

First i would like to say thanks to reeco for inspiration with his iNav theme..

This is my landscape theme..My first theme ever..been really wanting to use one since basically all i do on my phone is text..and i dont like the ones that are currently out..and im a big fan of OSX so its based on it..

What you will need so far:
    5irows
    5 column
    and Springjumps
    and you must be able to ssh into ur iphone to edit the plist and string files to make the status bar horizontal. i will post how to do that when released

Should be out tomorrow or the day after..need to finish the app and game pages

Let me know what u guys think

I was also thinking about implementing spinboard so it can be used as a portrait or landscape theme

Also will not include a clock or weather widget, you may add those to ur liking i personally dont use them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -phone.png   -media.png   -apps.png   -games.png  
    Last edited by Apple.; 2009-04-10 at 08:34 PM.

Thanks

Looks good however the text that spells Phone and ipod ruin this for me. and the tap to make a call looks cheesy. Otherwise it looks very good

also i like the glow effect for what page your on clever.
    Last edited by kwall; 2009-04-10 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kwall View Post
    Looks good however the text that spells Phone and ipod ruin this for me. and the tap to make a call looks cheesy. Otherwise it looks very good

also i like the glow effect for what page your on clever.
    agreed
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

ok theming is done just need help on either rotating the icon badges 90 degrees or completely removing them..anyone?

again its all personal preference..dont like it dont use it..made it that way so i know where to tap to open the phone app right away and other corresponding apps..i hate tapping more than once to open an app like in other themes..

although thanks for the input..keep em coming
    Last edited by Apple.; 2009-04-10 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

jeez it not a matter of don't like don't use. You asked for an opinion and we gave it. if you didn't want opinions don't ask for it. instead of placing tacky text put like a apple boot logo or something clever that blends with the background and still has the function of showing where you have to tap. also the smaller iphone (with tap text) and smaller ipod touch (with icons) are choppy renders you may wish to replace these with higher quality images

jeez it not a matter of don't like don't use. You asked for an opinion and we gave it. if you didn't want opinions don't ask for it. instead of placing tacky text put like a apple boot logo or something clever that blends with the background and still has the function of showing where you have to tap. also the smaller iphone (with tap text) and smaller ipod touch (with icons) are choppy renders you may wish to replace these with higher quality images

First of all, if your going to come at me in my own thread learn to type English well. Second, the pic shows it as choppy rendering because i just made it for a screenshot of how the theme will look. The actual theme is different. I don't care if you don't like the text and want an apple boot logo. I DON'T! Thats like saying Apple, i like the phone but i dont like it because its called iPhone. They would be like, and who are you? we dont care if you dont like our name. Lastly, it does matter if you dont like the theme, dont use it simple as that. Compared to your iGrunge theme which has a sloppy look to it especially when your typing portrait, did you notice that the letters that pop off the keyboard are landscape when they should be portrait? And that the badge icons are still portrait when they should be landscape or hidden from being shown at all. Sloppy. Again to you it may not be sloppy and it fits to your liking just like my theme does to me. Im not going to go post in your thread saying stuff like the brown background and white letters and the big brown apples clutter the theme and make it difficult to read and make everything sloppy. No im not going to do that because its rude and at least your trying to contribute something and its probably your personal preference. Just be tactful in what you have to say because me, i can be a real rude dude if your rude to me. Im going to take time on my theme and make it to my liking. I asked for opinions not to criticize my work rudely.

Now please quit spamming my thread.
    Last edited by Apple.; 2009-04-11 at 07:28 AM.

Thanks

First I always treat others with as much respect as I would want from them.

Second why bash my English? this is not a research paper that will be receiving a grade.

Third if you are so polite why bring up my theme in your thread. My theme was not meant to be a major breakthrough but a proof of concept using springjumps horizontally.

Fourth I made no attempt to change the keyboard so before you make a comment on something research.

Fifth these lines "Im not going to go post in your thread saying stuff like the brown background and white letters and the big brown apples clutter the theme and make it difficult to read and make everything sloppy. No im not going to do that because its rude and at least your trying to contribute something and its probably your personal preference. Just be tactful in what you have to say because me, i can be a real rude dude if your rude to me. Im going to take time on my theme and make it to my liking. I asked for opinions not to criticize my work rudely."

form a incoherent statement that has a hypocritical angle. you wish for me to type "English Well" while your own syntax is askew

Lastly in your first post you have stated and I quote: "Let me know what u guys think" (again not "English Well")

The dictionary that contains words of "English Well" states an Opinion is a noun which means a personal view. (If you do not believe me opinion definition | Dictionary.com)

When you verbalize this personal view (or type in this instance) a person is "Let me know what u guys think"

I apologize if my posts seem "rude" as i personally do not think they are and also would like to apologize to the English language as it appears after review by the Apple. English Police Dept. Internet Forum Division that i am incapable of typing "English Well"

P.S. After seeing your edit I am not spamming your thread. Spam is advertising which i am afraid the content of my post nor signature contain. I am sorry to disappoint.
    Last edited by kwall; 2009-04-11 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Apple added a edit which i addressed

This theme looks great. I like the landscape and with 3.0 coming out with landscape texting, this should be a perfect transition. I do agree that the "Tap Here" is a bit much. Maybe you can just put a glowing blue area like a finger print or a round hue instead of the words. just an opinion keep up the good work it's looking great

First I always treat others with as much respect as I would want from them.

Second why bash my English? this is not a research paper that will be receiving a grade.

Third if you are so polite why bring up my theme in your thread. My theme was not meant to be a major breakthrough but a proof of concept using springjumps horizontally.

Fourth I made no attempt to change the keyboard so before you make a comment on something research.

Fifth these lines "Im not going to go post in your thread saying stuff like the brown background and white letters and the big brown apples clutter the theme and make it difficult to read and make everything sloppy. No im not going to do that because its rude and at least your trying to contribute something and its probably your personal preference. Just be tactful in what you have to say because me, i can be a real rude dude if your rude to me. Im going to take time on my theme and make it to my liking. I asked for opinions not to criticize my work rudely."

form a incoherent statement that has a hypocritical angle. you wish for me to type "English Well" while your own syntax is askew

Lastly in your first post you have stated and I quote: "Let me know what u guys think" (again not "English Well")

The dictionary that contains words of "English Well" states an Opinion is a noun which means a personal view. (If you do not believe me opinion definition | Dictionary.com)

When you verbalize this personal view (or type in this instance) a person is "Let me know what u guys think"

I apologize if my posts seem "rude" as i personally do not think they are and also would like to apologize to the English language as it appears after review by the Apple. English Police Dept. Internet Forum Division that i am incapable of typing "English Well"

P.S. After seeing your edit I am not spamming your thread. Spam is advertising which i am afraid the content of my post nor signature contain. I am sorry to disappoint.
    Someone has there feelings hurt? Grow up..Dont need to try and type like a smart-*** i really dont care. What you trying to prove that you can write? Im pretty sure a lot of us can.
    No duh u didnt edit the keyboard which is why its screwed up. When you turn the orientation to the right it effects the keyboard of certain apps that use it on the springboard ie. iRealQuickSMS or Quicksms it makes the pop-out keys that show when you hit a key act like it was in landscape mode so the keys and ui are portrait but the pop out is landscape. Shouldve made it transparent...that simple. And Apparently it wasnt a breakthrough and im not saying mine is and not intending it to be. Made it for myself and just want to share it to those who want a landscape os x theme but dont know how to make one themself. LIKE I SAID DONT LIKE IT? DONT USE IT. Simple as that. If it isnt something you would use then dont even post. BTW we seen what springjumps can do in better ways. And did i say it was an english paper? no.

Quote Originally Posted by armyjoe98 View Post
    This theme looks great. I like the landscape and with 3.0 coming out with landscape texting, this should be a perfect transition. I do agree that the "Tap Here" is a bit much. Maybe you can just put a glowing blue area like a finger print or a round hue instead of the words. just an opinion keep up the good work it's looking great
    Thanks!
    Yup i have 3.0 in mind.
    I was thinking a fingerprint at first but didnt really have the time or dont know if i could photoshop it in due time or i was going to put a different icon instead of the phone all together
    Last edited by Apple.; 2009-04-11 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Haha you my friend made my night. If anyone has hurt feelings it is you starting this whole fight. But I will be the bigger man and leave this conversation as it stands where there is Me giving constructive criticism and staying on topic and Apple. taking every remark personal, changing the topic, and resorting to childish name calling.

Can you add a tampon theme? That would come really handy for you two here. My vote for best thread on website.

The actual landscape theme looks good conceptually, i'll be looking forward to its progress (along with the other one).

Only thing that comes to mind from what I can see is clutter and space. Perhaps smaller "big" icons? That could free up space a bit I think.

cheers.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to n.sina For This Useful Post:

kwall (2009-04-11)

Thanks

Thank You sina for adding some humor here

Haha you my friend made my night. If anyone has hurt feelings it is you starting this whole fight. But I will be the bigger man and leave this conversation as it stands where there is Me giving constructive criticism and staying on topic and Apple. taking every remark personal, changing the topic, and resorting to childish name calling.
    Fight? this is no fight..just speaking my mind..didnt take it personal..Why dont you go take the, as you would describe it, "Constructive Criticism" i gave you and work on your theme.
    The post left by armyjoe98 is an example of constructive criticism he said what he didnt like and gave an alternative for me to work with.

He didnt say i like the theme but the tap to make a call looks cheesy..or i wouldnt use it because of the way the text is..thats just stating your opinion not constructive criticism, huge difference..You go half way and then kill it with your rudeness..Like in your second post you gave an alternative by saying a boot logo, before that you said tacky text..lol look at your theme, that text is fugly and super tacky like wanna be graffiti..again me returning the favor to you being rude. Dont take anything personal its the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by n.sina View Post
    Can you add a tampon theme? That would come really handy for you two here. My vote for best thread on website.

The actual landscape theme looks good conceptually, i'll be looking forward to its progress (along with the other one).

Only thing that comes to mind from what I can see is clutter and space. Perhaps smaller "big" icons? That could free up space a bit I think.

cheers.
    haha thanks will keep that in mind
    Last edited by Apple.; 2009-04-11 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I accept your criticism openly but would have appreciated it if placed where it belongs in the separate thread. While I do admit it was basic in nature and downright corny I have seen about 4 - 6 new horizontal themes pop-up where 1 specially used the code in my thread to tilt the status bar sideways. I do plan to start a more robust theme in the near future and accept your opinions as they are valuable for me to become a better designer. I hope the same for you. You have a great theme in the works and i hope you take all opinions into account polite or rude as someone has taken time out of their lives to write them for you. I cannot think of a more polite gesture then to take time to give an opinion to a stranger that asked for it in hopes that their creation will become better and have a wider grade of appeal. please read this open minded as i have read all your post. let it sink in that i did not come here to attack you and although my wording was not the best by using words such as tacky, i honestly posted for the sole sake to suggest changes that in my opinion would make this great theme in the making to a truly amazing theme and a tribute to OSX

I accept your criticism openly but would have appreciated it if placed where it belongs in the separate thread. While I do admit it was basic in nature and downright corny I have seen about 4 - 6 new horizontal themes pop-up where 1 specially used the code in my thread to tilt the status bar sideways. I do plan to start a more robust theme in the near future and accept your opinions as they are valuable for me to become a better designer. I hope the same for you. You have a great theme in the works and i hope you take all opinions into account polite or rude as someone has taken time out of their lives to write them for you. I cannot think of a more polite gesture then to take time to give an opinion to a stranger that asked for it in hopes that their creation will become better and have a wider grade of appeal. please read this open minded as i have read all your post. let it sink in that i did not come here to attack you and although my wording was not the best by using words such as tacky, i honestly posted for the sole sake to suggest changes that in my opinion would make this great theme in the making to a truly amazing theme and a tribute to OSX
    understood. and thank you. was quite exciting actually. took my mind off the frustration of the theme. sorry for misunderstandings. and for the record haha i got the code off another site i think macthemes or something like that

Thanks

yea it wasnt your theme it was another horizontal theme that popped up recently

is there a way to use other themes but keep it landscape like that

Banned
    Thanks

wow this theme is better than mine... and it's so special.....

no comment

EDIT: well maybe one comment.
    this theme needs a lot of work.

the badges can be rotated. I did it for my theme

Is this still in beta or can i get this theme from cydia?