Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [RELEASE] Revolutionary New Animated Lockscreen Design

Default [RELEASE] Revolutionary New Animated Lockscreen Design
    Hey guys, this is my first time releasing anything here at modmyi besides the theme contest where I created the theme Resident Evil Maximum. So in that vein, I wanted to kick off my new Animated Lockscreen! Rodent1119 and I developed this together. It uses a new design that is not hampered by the extreme limitations of the GIF animation lockscreens we've seen in the past (and not very many of those are around I might add.) I want to start by saying that this Lockscreen will not degrade your battery any more than any other static lockscreen. It also allows for animations to be placed right over existing wallpaper, meaning that it can play nice with other themes. The colors are not limited to 256 like GIF, so the animations can be rich and very colorful. The timing of the animation itself can be changed as well as the amount of frames (for those of you who want to develop your own with this )I will be honest and say that this lockscreen seems to have a little lag the first time after a respring or restart. This seems to appear because I believe it is caching the images. After unlocking and locking again though, the phone acts pretty much as normal. The design featured here is more to show off the qualities and capabilities of this new type of animated lockscreen, but hopefully many more animations will come if people like it. Please let me know what you think of it and any improvements you can think of as well. Thanks again to all of the people that have come before that make this kind of theming possible!

Below are screenies:

Example with Wallpaper behind animation:

Links to photos:

Picasa Web Albums - Bradley - Untitled Album

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bobkooney; 2009-04-09 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Edit: fixed screenshots.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

like it very nice

Make a ipod guy dancing hahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by kraklist View Post
    Make a ipod guy dancing hahahaha!
    I would but I don't know what an iPod guy is.

Livin the iPhone Life ALIEN1974's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,975 Times in 1,579 Posts

I will test this,cus I have gif wallpaper and lockscreen,but is very limited ( to many animation slow down the springboard )
    I will report soon...