Page 81 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 3576

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [RELEASE] Apple inav mod

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iTJ View Post
    Lol
    You beat me too it. I was just about to post the same thing.
    LOL i noticed his request after i finished my post asking for the icons so since it seemed simple i jumped on it. When i was about to post it i saw your reply and noticed you were going to work on it too but i had already posted mine LOL (just taking some load off your shoulders LOL)

BTW I may take a screenshot of MLB 09 and do the same thing i did on the tap tap picture so i can use it as my big icon LOL not a bad idea
    Last edited by williamjv; 2009-05-29 at 05:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by williamjv View Post
    Thank you buddie! (btw didnt mean to jump ahead of you on the tap tap request... just trying to help out too
    All cool man
    New MacBook Pro - $1199.99
    New iPhone 3Gs - $199.99
    AT&T iPhone Plan - $89.99/month

Modding your new iPhone against Apple's wish with friends on MMi - Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by barrygeorge002 View Post
    I put up a calendar icon earlier in this thread for the main icon area. It even keeps the date in the correct place on the icon so it doesnt look stupid. Here it is again.

Barrygeorge,
    Could I get that calendar icon without the small square icon on top?
    I want to use it for Pocket Informant.Thanks

has anyone made any cool alternate lock screens for the white theme? i like the weather one but it gets old waiting for it to load when i go to unlock

any where can i find the documented steps to do this thing? been tryin to scour this whole loooonggg tread.

Quote Originally Posted by celestial517 View Post
    any where can i find the documented steps to do this thing? been tryin to scour this whole loooonggg tread.
    If you look at the first page, littleboy have edit the thread and there are quite a no. of video and instruction.

Dear Schtozo,
    I have a problem in sizing the icon for the game, the icon for game appears to be bigger than the rest of the application although the pixels are the same at 50x50, (see screenshot) how do I re-size them to be the same, please help, thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0015.png   -img_0016.png  

iPhone? More like MyPhone ibnyaffa's Avatar
    Thanks

i had te same problem ... the thing u need to make sure of few things...
    make sure that u changed the icon in the game app it self.
    make sure u dropped the icon in the icon folder of the theme..
    make sure that the nameof the game is at it appers when u change the icon within the theme...
    look for the real desplay name in the info.plist under <key>CFBundleDisplayName</key>
    <string>?( what ever ) ?</string>

and some of the u gonna have to creat a bundel for it... inside the bundel folder within the theme using also the info.plist
    <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
    <string>com.ea.( what ever )</string>
    and in that bundel folder drop the icon under the name of icon...
    i dont know why so many things just to change an icon but most games r sh*ty like that.. good luck

littelboy... or the rest of u...
    have u guys seen the new yweak in cydia about the springboard badg from touch mania??? can we use that with this theme to take some of the memori load off a lil bit?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Upgrader View Post
    Dear Schtozo,
    I have a problem in sizing the icon for the game, the icon for game appears to be bigger than the rest of the application although the pixels are the same at 50x50, (see screenshot) how do I re-size them to be the same, please help, thanks
    I'm not currently using the Dark Apple theme, but I think I can help. Two Questions:
    1. Are those icons ones you made or did they come with the theme?
    2. Where did you place the icon image?

One thing I noticed about your icons is they are the correct size, but have a layer mask on top of them. One thing I'm guessing at is that you placed the icon image inside the app itself by replacing the original image. If one did that the icon image is not recognized by WinterBoard and the iPhone OS automatically places that layer mask on top of the icon image. WinterBoard disables that feature, so your icon will look exaclty the way you made it. Another thing I'm guessing at based on the pic, is if you turn off all themes, the icon will still look like it does now, but it's just a guess.

You shouldn't need to place the icon image you want inside the app. You need to place it inside the "Icon" folder of the theme. It needs to be named correctly though. For example, I have Amateur Surgeon. I made an icon for it named it Amateur Sugreon.png, and it didn't work. I tried with and with out the space between names, even in lower case. I found otu that it needed to be called A.Surgeon.png and it work.

So try renaming the images within the "Icon" folder and see what happens. Let me know if I'm wrong about any of this.

FYI: When naming the icon images, checkout the way they are spelled on the springboard. Doesn't always work, but it did for me.
    New iPhone 3Gs - $199.99

10. The Following User Says Thank You to iTJ For This Useful Post:

DJ.IN.UK (2009-06-04)

Quote Originally Posted by celestial517 View Post
    instructions are in the download and on page 98 there is another good set of instructions

is anyone good with videos here and is willing to make like a cool video showing the theme and what it does, kinda like reeco had his inav video and stuff?
    Last edited by littleboy683; 2009-05-29 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

FYI: When naming the icon images, checkout the way they are spelled on the springboard. Doesn't always work, but it did for me.
    I think thats works, if it dont check out how i did it.

Heres how i renamed all my icons sucessfully after spending hours searching iPhone forums on how to, but got no where.

1. Download Plist Editor for Windows (In my case, Dont have a Mac)

2. Open up WinSCP

3. Go to root/var/mobile/applications

4. You will see a load of folders, and the folder name will consist of numbers and letters.

5. Open a folder, in there will be a few folders. Look for the .app folder, i.e Google Earth.app

6. Open the folder, and look for the info.plist file, and copy this to you desktop.

7. Open up Plist editor, the open up the info.plist file you just copied to desktop.

8. In that file, look for the lines:
    Code:

<key>CFBundleDisplayName</key>
    <string>Google Earth</string>
    7. As you can see. Google Earth is the name of this particular icon, all you do is rename you icon with what it says between the <string></string> code.

8. Finally, upload your icon to root/libary/themes/White Apple/Icons. Respring your springboard and hopefully you icon should now appear.

It can take a while, especially if you have loads of Apps, but worth it. Infact it probably took me longer to look for this solution than it did to rename all my icons.
    Last edited by Snowy82; 2009-05-29 at 11:51 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Snowy82 For This Useful Post:

DJ.IN.UK (2009-06-04)

Quote Originally Posted by Snowy82 View Post
    I think thats works, if it dont check out how i did it.

Heres how i renamed all my icons sucessfully after spending hours searching iPhone forums on how to, but got no where.

1. Download Plist Editor for Windows (In my case, Dont have a Mac)

2. Open up WinSCP

3. Go to root/var/mobile/applications

4. You will see a load of folders, and the folder name will consist of numbers and letters.

5. Open a folder, in there will be a few folders. Look for the .app folder, i.e Google Earth.app

6. Open the folder, and look for the info.plist file, and copy this to you desktop.

7. Open up Plist editor, the open up the info.plist file you just copied to desktop.

8. In that file, look for the lines:
    Code:

<key>CFBundleDisplayName</key>
    <string>Google Earth</string>
    7. As you can see. Google Earth is the name of this particular icon, all you do is rename you icon with what it says between the <string></string> code.

8. Finally, upload your icon to root/libary/themes/White Apple/Icons. Respring your springboard and hopefully you icon should now appear.

It can take a while, especially if you have loads of Apps, but worth it. Infact it probably took me longer to look for this solution than it did to rename all my icons.
    Not sure why you'd want to rename apps as such, but each to their own I guess. Simplier quicker way to confirm an icon name is to just turn off the theme, respring and read it confirming spelling and spaces etc.
    Last edited by Scooterpig; 2009-05-30 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I hate to ask a question that I'm sure has already been answered, but what font is recommended for the White Apple theme if I don't have LucidiaSans Demi which is what it shows is being used in PS? I'm hesitant to pay the $25 I've found it for, but want to maintain the clean look of the theme with the icons I want on the pages. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rrrrramos View Post
    I hate to ask a question that I'm sure has already been answered, but what font is recommended for the White Apple theme if I don't have LucidiaSans Demi which is what it shows is being used in PS? I'm hesitant to pay the $25 I've found it for, but want to maintain the clean look of the theme with the icons I want on the pages. Thanks!
    I use Lucida Sans in Bold and it's pretty close, due to crappy windows not wanting to accept the LucidaMac font...

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Scooterpig For This Useful Post:

rrrrramos (2009-05-30)

My only option is Lucida Sans Unicode and PhotoShop won't let me make it bold :/

Edit: NVM I'm going to edit the files on a Mac and go that route. Much easier an no extra charge!
    Thanks for the ID on the next best choice though!
    Last edited by rrrrramos; 2009-05-30 at 02:15 AM.

I'm not currently using the Dark Apple theme, but I think I can help. Two Questions:
    1. Are those icons ones you made or did they come with the theme?
    2. Where did you place the icon image?

One thing I noticed about your icons is they are the correct size, but have a layer mask on top of them. One thing I'm guessing at is that you placed the icon image inside the app itself by replacing the original image. If one did that the icon image is not recognized by WinterBoard and the iPhone OS automatically places that layer mask on top of the icon image. WinterBoard disables that feature, so your icon will look exaclty the way you made it. Another thing I'm guessing at based on the pic, is if you turn off all themes, the icon will still look like it does now, but it's just a guess.

You shouldn't need to place the icon image you want inside the app. You need to place it inside the "Icon" folder of the theme. It needs to be named correctly though. For example, I have Amateur Surgeon. I made an icon for it named it Amateur Sugreon.png, and it didn't work. I tried with and with out the space between names, even in lower case. I found otu that it needed to be called A.Surgeon.png and it work.

So try renaming the images within the "Icon" folder and see what happens. Let me know if I'm wrong about any of this.

Thanks iTJ, it works.

Thanks to all who help in this post!

hi can someone help me do a 5 page things? been trying to photoshop, but i cant even do copy and paste.

Page 0
    Notes: Jot things down
    Clock: Alarm
    Bible: Word of God

Big icon: Calendar

Page 1: Media
    Cycorder: Record shows
    Camera: Take photos
    Photos: Picture Gallery

Big Icon: iPod

Page 2: Tools
    Things: To do
    Air Sharing: Access to files
    SBS Bus: Guide to Travel

Big Icon: iExpenseit

Page 3: Misc
    Beejive: IM for all
    Dictionary: What's that word

Big Icon: Maps

Page 4: Games
    ExZeus: Save the humans
    Hearts: Light hearted card game
    Sentinel: Modern tower defence

Big Icon: RS Soccer

Can just ignore the big icon for now. mainly for my own reference also. However, if you guys are free, your can help me make too!

Thanks alot! i really need a lot of help in the photoshopping department. And the video not easy to understand as the pace to way too fast for me. Thanks again!

btw, how do i add an addition spring jump for page 4?? cant seem to get it.
    Last edited by celestial517; 2009-05-30 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Scooterpig View Post
    Not sure why you'd want to rename apps as such, but each to their own I guess. Simplier quicker way to confirm an icon name is to just turn off the theme, respring and read it confirming spelling and spaces etc.
    It's not renaming the app itself, it's taking the name between <string></string>, copying it and naming the icon correctly so it shows up.

I'm new to this stuff, thought there might have been an easier way, so if just using default theme, and copying the name that way works, Thanks.

Thanks

Once again I'm posting something random. I was fooling around with the calendar. I don't normally use the calendar on any of my main pages and I was moving icons around and noticed the day/date were really big, white, and not centered. I didn't like it and wanted to make look like it belongs with the theme, so I modded it.

Inside the info.plist in the main theme folder, I adjusted the Date/Day like this:
    Code:
    <key>CalendarIconDateStyle</key>
    <string>color:8f8f8f; margin-top:-2px; font-size:26px;</string>

<key>CalendarIconDayStyle</key>
    <string>color:8f8f8f; margin-top:6px; font-size:7px;</string>
    And this is what I have now:

It's 50x50px and looks great with the theme. I just wanted to share this.
    New iPhone 3Gs - $199.99

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iTJ For This Useful Post:

95rr900 (2009-07-23), kelly029x (2009-06-01), Snowy82 (2009-05-30)

Once again I'm posting something random. I was fooling around with the calendar. I don't normally use the calendar on any of my main pages and I was moving icons around and noticed the day/date were really big, white, and not centered. I didn't like it and wanted to make look like it belongs with the theme, so I modded it.

Inside the info.plist in the main theme folder, I adjusted the Date/Day like this:
    Code:
    <key>CalendarIconDateStyle</key>
    <string>color:8f8f8f; margin-top:-2px; font-size:26px;</string>

<key>CalendarIconDayStyle</key>
    <string>color:8f8f8f; margin-top:6px; font-size:7px;</string>
    And this is what I have now:

It's 50x50px and looks great with the theme. I just wanted to share this.
    Sweet. I wanna figure out how to clone the calendar app so I can have the date on every page. Widget's use memory.

Page 81 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131 ... LastLast