Page 135 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,700 of 3576

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [RELEASE] Apple inav mod

Actually ITJ, I don't understand what the FSO is, I'm really new to this...my other issue with my icons...I changed a couple of the large icons, like Appstore, and my games icon, no problem, just any of the others I change have that black around them...you said to make sure I named them the same as on springboard, are you referring to the name on the wallpaper? and then copy to var/stash/themes/white apple 3/icons? Maybe I have done something that I need to go back and start over?

OK guys, tried to post this once already, hope I don't get a double post . Can someone tell me how to get red of this "icon" beside Navigon? I deleted the icon but it only removed the small icon from the top of this...can't figure out how to remove the rest of it...any help will be GREATLY appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0003-1-.png  

Thanks
    Thanked 3,634 Times in 926 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iJunkie68 View Post
    OK guys, tried to post this once already, hope I don't get a double post . Can someone tell me how to get red of this "icon" beside Navigon? I deleted the icon but it only removed the small icon from the top of this...can't figure out how to remove the rest of it...any help will be GREATLY appreciated.
    go into the icon folder and delete whatever you have named for Navigon.png

respring

go back into the folder and add the proper icon

respring

give that a try

Cyberduck always asks me to overwrite, so i know its making the change

OK, somehow I got the NAVIGON icon fixed(LOL can't figure out what I did to fix it), but for some reason, I can't get the Hero Of Sparta icon fixed....am I supposed to leave the original icon in the program itself in var/mobile/application/HeroOfSparta.app? And also, the icon I put in the stash/themes/white apple 3/icons folder...should it be named HeroOfSparta.png? Sorry for being a noob...but thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by iTJ View Post
    Thanks . Things are good now.

What about this?

NOTE: I didn't realize how many people were having problem changing the Weather/Clock widget, so I'm going to try and throw something together that explains what changes can made. The widget that is included is actually my settings/adjustments. I know some html/css coding, but only enough modify certain aspects, so the guide probably won't be complete, just the stuff that I have figured out just by playing with it.

Yep, my main problem with the widget is idk what code is the widget expecting from weather.yahoo.com. Can't use a zip code because I am not in the US and also when I installed it, clock and date are not centered.

Regarding the icons. I am on Windows, do artworks need to be on a specific format? I am thinking on pasting them to Paint and save them as jpg. Is that ok?

I got it fixed, just removed Hero Of Sparta, changed it to Mazefinger, redone my wallpaper and put the icon in and it worked, have no clue what I was doing wrong with HOS. By the way....anyone know a fix, or can explain to me how to fix the OVERLAY problem on the Carrier logo, and 3G/Edge logos when opening programs? ITJ mention FOS or something, in an earlier post, but I being a noob have no clue what that is . Thanks guys

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roryjai View Post
    Thank you so much for such a quick reply itj. Hope you had a good vacation.

My quick question is, how much memory should be available usually while the theme runs? sometimes i go from 21mbs to 12. Only applications I have running are the ones I had to dl for this theme. Any suggestions on freeing up more memory permanently? I don't have a clock/time widget either.
    Well I really don't know what is needed to run, but the more memory the better. I have a iPhone 2G and with just the theme and all processes killed (except for the Phone) I get anywhere between 36-42MB and sometimes as high as 53MB. With the widget I get between 26-34MB. It just depends sometimes. One big memory hog is the iPod. I drop down to about 11MB , but when I'm down I make sure to kill the process. Mail and Safari can drain memory as will. Don't worry about killing any process, because as soon as you access them, the process will start right back up.

Actually ITJ, I don't understand what the FSO is, I'm really new to this...my other issue with my icons...I changed a couple of the large icons, like Appstore, and my games icon, no problem, just any of the others I change have that black around them...you said to make sure I named them the same as on springboard, are you referring to the name on the wallpaper? and then copy to var/stash/themes/white apple 3/icons? Maybe I have done something that I need to go back and start over?
    Basically, all the images in the status bar consist of two images (the status bar itself is three). They are FSO (springboard) and Default (inside some apps, others use FSO). So let's say we're changing the carrier logo. This only applies to US AT&T customers (I haven't done any other carriers). Inside the "Bundles" folder of the theme make a folder called "com.apple.ATT_US". Inside that will be the carrier logo. The carrier logos are images, not text. Find an image that's no higher than 20px that you want to use. Now the carrier logo is two images. They will be called: Default_CARRIER_ATT.png and FSO_CARRIER_ATT.png. If you want the logo the stay the same all the time, make sure both images are the same. This is want mine looks like on the springboard and in the Settings app. The same applies to the EDGE logo as well. It's located in the com.apple.springboard folder and they are called: Default_EDGE_ON.png and FSO_EDGE_ON.png. I hope this isn't too confusing.

If you have an icon you want to use, do this. Turn off the theme via WinterBoard and check out the way the app is spelled on the springboard. Name/rename the icon exactly the way it appears on the springboard. Place the newly named icon the "Icons" folder of the theme, reactivate the theme via WinterBoard and you should have your new icon without the border. The OS automatically places a overlay mask on all the icons installed on the device. That's way if you replace the icon in the app itself, it places the overlay and you get that border, because the OS thinks that it hasn't changed. Part of the WinterBoard coding gets rid of that.

Quote Originally Posted by map1978 View Post
    yes exactly but without the camera, maps, cydia added....just blank home, media, apps, games, search pages

also, instead of a seach page, maybe a misc page like this?
    Here. Are you happy now? LOL just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by NGLZL View Post
    Yep, my main problem with the widget is idk what code is the widget expecting from weather.yahoo.com. Can't use a zip code because I am not in the US and also when I installed it, clock and date are not centered.
    I don't don't know the country code, but try this this. Go to the configureMe.js file and look towards the bottom that looks like this:
    Code:
    var source = 'yahooWeather'
    Now change it to this:
    Code:
    var source = 'appleAccuweatherStolen'
    That changes the source of which the widget will retrieve the data. Last step, in the same file look towards the top for:
    Code:
    var locale = "29841"
    Now between the " replace it with where you live. Example I live in North Augusta, South Carolina (in the US) so it would be:
    Code:
    var locale = "North Augusta, South Carolina"
    Now since you live outside of the US, it would be something like:
    Code:
    var locale = "Moscow, Russia"
    Hope you understand and isn't too confusing.

I'm working on the time part, because it moves with the widget, but the date is separate. As soon as I get that down, I'll post back.

Regarding the icons. I am on Windows, do artworks need to be on a specific format? I am thinking on pasting them to Paint and save them as jpg. Is that ok?
    It doesn't matter which format, just as long as I can pull it off the thread. I use it as a template for the icon. Doesn't matter what size, just nothing smaller than 70x70px. It's hard to do anything with it if it's smaller.
    Last edited by iTJ; 2009-09-03 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    New MacBook Pro - $1199.99
    New iPhone 3Gs - $199.99
    AT&T iPhone Plan - $89.99/month

Modding your new iPhone against Apple's wish with friends on MMi - Priceless

Here are some dialers with letters.

The sets of letters are all the same size even though they don't really look it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -dialerkeypad-alt.png   -dialerkeypad_pressed-alt.png  
    Last edited by theanyday; 2009-09-03 at 01:34 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to theanyday For This Useful Post:

NGLZL (2009-09-03)

NOTE: I didn't realize how many people were having problem changing the Weather/Clock widget, so I'm going to try and throw something together that explains what changes can made. The widget that is included is actually my settings/adjustments. I know some html/css coding, but only enough modify certain aspects, so the guide probably won't be complete, just the stuff that I have figured out just by playing with it.
    That would be great iTJ. I've been messing with the weather widget for a week now trying to get it to work but no luck. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong and I followed your steps from pg 105. I'd really appreciate it if you can help me/us out.

Just so you know what my problem is, I followed your steps exactly, enabled the theme and moved it below my main theme and nothing happens at all.

Quote Originally Posted by iTJ View Post

I don't don't know the country code, but try this this. Go to the configureMe.js file and look towards the bottom that looks like this:
    Code:
    var source = 'yahooWeather'
    Now change it to this:
    Code:
    var source = 'appleAccuweatherStolen'
    That changes the source of which the widget will retrieve the data. Last step, in the same file look towards the top for:
    Code:
    var locale = "29841"
    Now between the " replace it with where you live. Example I live in North Augusta, South Carolina (in the US) so it would be:
    Code:
    var locale = "North Augusta, South Carolina"
    Now since you live outside of the US, it would be something like:
    Code:
    var locale = "Moscow, Russia"
    Hope you understand and isn't too confusing.

I'm working on the time part, because it moves with the widget, but the date is separate. As soon as I get that down, I'll post back.

It doesn't matter which format, just as long as I can pull it off the thread. I use it as a template for the icon. Doesn't matter what size, just nothing smaller than 70x70px. It's hard to do anything with it if it's smaller.
    I got it. Damn, idk what to set the locale to, gotta try with "DF, Mexico" o "Mexico City, Mexico"
    I've attached a few artworks. I will post the rest tomorrow.

You're so kind.

EDIT: I am guessing locale is just an alpha string that will show whatever you write? Anyways, got it working.
    It needs centering and will look for the post where someone got the weather icon background changed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0187-1-.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by NGLZL; 2009-09-03 at 03:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by theanyday View Post
    Here are some dialers with letters.

The sets of letters are all the same size even though they don't really look it.
    What about one with lowercase

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iBone3G View Post
    That would be great iTJ. I've been messing with the weather widget for a week now trying to get it to work but no luck. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong and I followed your steps from pg 105. I'd really appreciate it if you can help me/us out.

Just so you know what my problem is, I followed your steps exactly, enabled the theme and moved it below my main theme and nothing happens at all.
    If I made a mistake, I apologize. The WA Clock and Weather widget goes ABOVE the White Apple theme in WinterBoard. Sorry if it wasn't clear. The way the widget is written is that it requires a Wallpaper.png to be able to display the widget. They're written that way, so it can be used a separate widget and can used with any theme. In WinterBoard, the top most theme takes presidents before any other, so if the widget is placed below the theme being used, the widget doesn't recognize there being a Wallpaper.png, and that's way it won't show. I'm going to try and explain it a little more in the tut. I know this is going to sound funny, but I've only being playing with html and css files for just a couple of months.

I got it. Damn, idk what to set the locale to, gotta try with "DF, Mexico" o "Mexico City, Mexico"
    I've attached a few artworks. I will post the rest tomorrow.

You're so kind.

EDIT: I am guessing locale is just an alpha string that will show whatever you write? Anyways, got it working.
    It needs centering and will look for the post where someone got the weather icon background changed.
    No problem I just try and help out. Good to know that is working for you. I've got to play the date/time a little more to get to explain how to center them together. I'll get to some of the icon when I get a little more free time.
    New MacBook Pro - $1199.99
    New iPhone 3Gs - $199.99
    AT&T iPhone Plan - $89.99/month

Modding your new iPhone against Apple's wish with friends on MMi - Priceless

What about one with lowercase
    The dialer doesn't switch between caps and lowercase unless you just want one as lower case just because?

ITJ....Thanks for the detail in explaining, I can tell you've been at this a while ...most of this is still german to me, but I'm learning a little more each day. On the issue of the overlay for the US AT&T carrier logo, you said to get one that is less than 20 px? any idea where I might find it....also, if I use MakeItMine....and modify it, it's the same way, that is what confuses me...I can live with it like this, but with a great theme like this, any little bug needs fixed. On the Icon issue, I got that worked out, I just removed Hero Of Sparta from that page, and put in Maze Finger, maze finger already had the icon in there...I'll keep working with the carrier stuff, but if you know where I could locate that carrier logo, let me know. Thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by theanyday View Post
    The dialer doesn't switch between caps and lowercase unless you just want one as lower case just because?
    Just to make it match the 3 buttons.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0188-1-.png  

OK, just found somthing on my setup....the SEARCH feature does nothing, and as I remember in setting this theme up, there are blanks, where the search is located...so am I correct in assuming this does nothing, or should it actually open a search engine?

ITJ, just to make sure we are on the same page....I have not installed a new carrier logo, it seems like the status bar from the home page, and the status bar from the app pages doesn't line up, may still be what you are talking about, anyway, as you can see from the pics I attached, the only change I did was with MakeItMine, I changed from AT&T to MINE....first pic of homescreen is clear, when I open up any other window, it's like the status bar from that window just doesn't line up, and even if it does, the word MINE is hard to see, as it it is dark....is this the same problem with the FSO? I looked in the com.apple.springboard folder and the only Edge file I found was Default_Edge_ALT_ON.png, was no FSO for Edge, so I'm just getting more confused lol....Anway....thanks for bearing with me here..and helping a rookie out.
    Last edited by iJunkie68; 2009-09-03 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

OOPS...forgot to attach the files...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0005-1-.png   -img_0004-1-.png  

Hello,
    is anywhere a tutorial how to use Stack in this theme?

Thanks.

Default Wallpaper request.
    Hi there!

First to say,this is the best theme ever!!!
    I have a wallpaper request and some icon too..

Page 0:
    Contacts:A bunch of numbers.
    Settings:Preferences...
    And a big Calendar icon

Page 1, Media:
    iPod: Let's rock!
    YouTube: Watch video online...
    Pictures: See your photos

Page 2, Apps:
    App Store: Legaly app's
    Installousss: Is time for app's free
    Winterboard: Mod your i!
    And a big Cydia icon!

Page 3, Games:
    Crash Kart:Let's drive!
    Tetris:Play tetris...
    Touch Grind: I love a kickflip.

And a big Bejeweled 2 icon pls.

And i have a lil bit more icons request:

Apps:

iAcces,Searcher,iGO My way,springjumps,Flash for free,

Games: MyFC)my football club),metal gear solid,racer,silent hill,smack talk,sticky wars,toki tori,TouchKO!,Labyrinth 3D,Gl Golf,Cube runner II,Fast & Fourios.

Thanks to the theme creator and all the moderators.

Cheer's from croatia.

Thx in advance!

iLuka

P.S: iTJ here is the link for the rar archive whit all the artwork for my icon's request...

Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

Sorry, but you need to clarify your page request. I'm not sure which pages need to be changed and if you're using 4 or 5 pages. Check out the first post on the thread to see how it should be done.
    Ah, sorry bout that.. And Thanks for making all our requests and welcome back!

Now, where would I start..

instead of media/various/games/search
    can you make it media/apps/games/books

page0
    Camera : Say cheese!
    Maps : I am here!
    Cydia : You're everything!

page1: Media
    Movies :Pizzas, popcorns & Sodas!
    Photos :Showing off!
    Music : Let's Jazz!

page2 :Apps
    Clock - tick tock
    Calendar - Payday is Funday
    Connect - Stay in Touch!

page3:Games
    Scrabble : Sowpod, Zyzzyva & Bingo!
    Monopoly : Chances, Riches & Debts
    Bookworm : Book burner, Book keeper & Librarian

page4 : Books
    Novels : Once upon a dream
    Comics:Heroes,heroines & Villains
    Dictionaries:Your brain swells!

I hope it's clear now. =/

Thanks in advance ~ ^_^

ps.. I love the white pages but I love that dark pages, too.
    Last edited by jasmine76; 2009-09-03 at 03:46 PM. Reason: change of heart ~ :p

Page 135 of 179 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145 ... LastLast