Page 106 of 179 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 3576

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [RELEASE] Apple inav mod

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    well i've managed to avoid springboard from crashing by not installing the spring jumps and putting blanks instead. you use less memory in theory i think. lol

now i've got the theme up and running, i'm going to edit the wallpapers to fit the app description i've placed.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iTJ View Post
    Navigate to /var/mobile/Library/Webclips and look for that one and delete it.
    Did the trick! (I can't believe how big a dunce I feel for not thinking of that!)

Hey guys, i had some issues but am finally getting this theme to work properly. I have having a few issues that maybe you all can help me with.

1) When i receive an sms popup (outside of sms app) and the bubble pops up, the font color it white and the background is white as well, making it extremely difficult to read. How might a change this?

2) The status bar tends to disappear everytime i enter an app and exit the app. (I deleted the info.plist) and this seemed to temporarily fix the problem. This has caused certain applications to have a black status bar and black text making it difficult to read as well. Should I add the plist back and make a change in order for this to successfully work?

Thanks in advance for helping me out as I am extremely new to this type of editing.

2) The status bar tends to disappear everytime i enter an app and exit the app. (I deleted the info.plist) and this seemed to temporarily fix the problem. This has caused certain applications to have a black status bar and black text making it difficult to read as well. Should I add the plist back and make a change in order for this to successfully work?
    This is a OS 3 problem with this theme and also other themes. This will be solved with the release off White3 i heard.

Default Blank Null Problem
    I am on 3G OS 3.0 , everytime i download blank null from cydia i always get the error message hash sum mismatch. Does anyone experience this? How can i fix this since i need blank null as itj explained to fix the safari opening whenever i touch the wallpaper screen. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by macview9; 2009-07-27 at 07:27 PM.

Default New White Version?
    Hey guys,

Just checking to see how it is progressing on the new version of White? I am excited to try the new version out and see all the new improvements!

A.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 95rr900 View Post
    OK, I watched the tutorial on customizing wallpaper... I gotta say LOL! It is way too fast to learn from, for a photoshop noob like me. Very impressive though

Thank you so much if anyone does this for me!! I'll upload the icons I need yet also, This would complete the theme for me.

I hope I did it right. Thanks again in advance!!
    Here are your icons.

Name them exactly the way they appear on your springboard.

Quote Originally Posted by rodima View Post
    iTJ sorry your right
    Here are your icons. I made two different ones for 3D Hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Cree View Post
    Blah.
    Thanks for your help everyone.. but still it's not working.
    I understand what your saying ITJ.. but to no avail.
    Here's what I did.. I deleted everything on my computer and phone that had to do with white apple. Installed a fresh white apple 1.0 from the first post. Unzipped it, and went into the PSD files, (the ones with the Wallpapers to edit) and I edited them to my liking. I saved as them all as Page0.png, Page1.png, etc etc. In the Save As box, there are 2 options. You choose a name to save your file as, and then there it the format you save it as. I chose the Photoshop format.. and I think this might be where I am going wrong? But I really don't know.. and I am still saving it as a Page0.png with the Photoshop format. So.. maybe this is it? Anyways, from there I take my new Page0.png, Page1.png,etc and replace them with the Page0.png, Page1.png, in the White Apple folder. I SSH White Apple 1.0 into /var/stash/themes. Go to Winterboard, check White Apple, respring, and nothing happens. What's wrong? =(

Again, thanks for all your help. I really appreciate your time.
    Inside the White Apple 1.0 folder is a White Apple folder which is the theme. Try just SSHing that folder and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by icharles View Post
    Hey guys, i had some issues but am finally getting this theme to work properly. I have having a few issues that maybe you all can help me with.

1) When i receive an sms popup (outside of sms app) and the bubble pops up, the font color it white and the background is white as well, making it extremely difficult to read. How might a change this?

Thanks in advance for helping me out as I am extremely new to this type of editing.
    Inside the Add-Ons folder is a darker pop-up window. Just replace the old one with this one.

Yeah the status bar is weird since the 3.0 update, but I have fixed it and gave littleboy all my files and they will be included in the White Apple 3.0 update.

Quote Originally Posted by macview9 View Post
    I am on 3G OS 3.0 , everytime i download blank null from cydia i always get the error message hash sum mismatch. Does anyone experience this? How can i fix this since i need blank null as itj explained to fix the safari opening whenever i touch the wallpaper screen. Thanks in advance.
    I'm not sure what that error actually means, but their server my be down right now, so try again again in a little while.
    Last edited by iTJ; 2009-07-28 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Added icons :D
    New MacBook Pro - $1199.99
    New iPhone 3Gs - $199.99
    AT&T iPhone Plan - $89.99/month

Modding your new iPhone against Apple's wish with friends on MMi - Priceless

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iTJ For This Useful Post:

95rr900 (2009-07-28), rodima (2009-07-27)

Here are your icons. I made two different ones for 3D Hunt.

Nice work iTJ happy,thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey,
    I currently have the original iNav.
    I REALLY want this theme, but can you make the SMS in the dock, and put the Email on the wallpaper bit?
    I use the SMS alot more then the Email.

Or maybe, just include this in as an alternative in the White Apple 3.0 update?
    (When is that goin to be released? jw)

Thanks!

ITJ,

I did exactly what you said, and it works just SSHing the White Apple folder.
    Now the only problem is, when I go to edit the PSD files and save them as Page0.png etc, and replace the new ones I edited with the old ones, the theme no longer works. On my phone the background is white, and all the icons work, but none of the descriptions for the icons are there, (ie. Facebook, connect with your friends)
    Just a white background with icons.

*edit*
    YES. I figured it out.. wasn't saving it as a PNG format file, just saving it as a .png extension.
    Thanks so much for all your help.

Now I have icon requests =)

FML, Bloons, Pocket God, StoneLoops!, Pandora.

Not to sure how to get the icons for them though =(
    Last edited by Cree; 2009-07-28 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by macview9 View Post
    it happened to me as well. but i found out that the blanknull from the source listed in the instructions is the one not working properly. i stumbled upon another blanknull package probably from another source i've got installed and they worked.

the source is the big boss repo which should already be in your cydia but in case it isn't there here's the url.
    http://apt.bigboss.us.com/repofiles/cydia

on the other hand: i've finally gotten the theme to work properly minus the springjumps. it's fine, i don't mind swiping my finger to change pages.

i have a couple of icon requests though for my homepage. pocket god and vector tanks.

cheers.
    Last edited by jnskyliner34; 2009-07-28 at 02:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome. View Post
    Hey,
    I REALLY want this theme, but can you make the SMS in the dock, and put the Email on the wallpaper bit?

Thanks!
    yep that's exactly what im planning to do, include a few alternative dock icons in the 3.0 update

Quote Originally Posted by Antonius138 View Post
    Hey guys,

Just checking to see how it is progressing on the new version of White? I am excited to try the new version out and see all the new improvements!

A.
    Me and itj are still working on it and everything seems to be coming along smoothly
    Last edited by littleboy683; 2009-07-28 at 03:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Default Making White3.0 that much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by littleboy683 View Post
    yep that's exactly what im planning to do, include a few alternative dock icons in the 3.0 update

Me and itj are still working on it and everything seems to be coming along smoothly
    Hi guys,

I registered just now because I have a few thoughts before you release White3.0. I saw this theme last thursday while browsing around and installed it over the weekend. I still have some more tweaks but Im liking it so far, so thanks.

Now, with that out of the way, there is a couple of things I think you should try to make this theme even better.

1. Reduce the size of the png files. Use pngOut on all the files. I did this and got a savings on average of 25%

2. The biggest pain with this theme is the app descriptions in the page wallpapers. (i.e. YouYube Watch YouTube videos Tap to view)I know you guys are offering to create them as requested but this cannot scale. Either it will be too much work as more people install this theme or you will get bored of it when you move on to your next project. Have you considered using CSS and HTML and some javascript with a config file so that these can be generated automatically? In fact, you can do the same for the title bar also and possibly the dock area too. That way you only need to supply sets of icons and and let your users create their own pages.

When I started this post I knew I had a few more things I wanted to bring up but can't think of them now. Thanks for the theme. Its awesome.
    Last edited by n00bie; 2009-07-28 at 05:44 AM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to n00bie For This Useful Post:

eonC4PDA (2009-07-28), littleboy683 (2009-07-29)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome. View Post
    Hey,

Thanks!
    Check out page 107. I had made some for someone, so go by and snatch them if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Cree View Post
    ITJ,

I did exactly what you said, and it works just SSHing the White Apple folder.
    Now the only problem is, when I go to edit the PSD files and save them as Page0.png etc, and replace the new ones I edited with the old ones, the theme no longer works. On my phone the background is white, and all the icons work, but none of the descriptions for the icons are there, (ie. Facebook, connect with your friends)
    Just a white background with icons.

*edit*
    YES. I figured it out.. wasn't saving it as a PNG format file, just saving it as a .png extension.
    Thanks so much for all your help.

Now I have icon requests =)

FML, Bloons, Pocket God, StoneLoops!, Pandora.

Not to sure how to get the icons for them though =(
    Good to hear that you got it going now. Check out page 127 for Pocket God and FML. I'll make the others when I can.

Quote Originally Posted by jnskyliner34 View Post
    i have a couple of icon requests though for my homepage. pocket god and vector tanks.

cheers.
    Look at page 127 for Pocket God and some others. I'll make the other one when I can.
    New iPhone 3Gs - $199.99

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iTJ For This Useful Post:

Awesome. (2009-07-28), jnskyliner34 (2009-07-28)

@ITJ,

Iv'ed managed to setup my 5h page. However, from that page I would not be able to spring back to pages 1-4, am I right? But from any page 1-4 I can jump to page 5.

Pls advise if this is correct. Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Look at page 127 for Pocket God and some others. I'll make the other one when I can.
    ah thanks for pointing it out.

is this theme ever gonna be available in cydia? sorry if thats a dumb question.
    If I helped then hit the thanks button...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Check out page 107. I had made some for someone, so go by and snatch them if you like.
    Thanks, Works a treat

I dont think so, as you have do alot of aranging & SSHin' manualy.

Also, is there any point me setting up this theme now?
    (if the White Apple Update is coming along V. soon?)

hmm i guess not.

i just wanted it really bad and i didnt want to have to ssh it

but i see your point because of the arranging stuff
    If I helped then hit the thanks button...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bagwis View Post
    @ITJ,

Iv'ed managed to setup my 5h page. However, from that page I would not be able to spring back to pages 1-4, am I right? But from any page 1-4 I can jump to page 5.

Pls advise if this is correct. Thanks.
    Yes and no. Originally the theme was setup for 4 pages, but as more people started using/modding it, it gave the possibility for using 5 pages. Basically, the original files on the first page have extra Springjumps for up to 4 pages. I created a set, because several people were wanting to use the fifth page. I posted the 5 page SpringJump set on page 128

Quote Originally Posted by mattharris85 View Post
    Yep it's on Cydia now under the MMI repo. It's been on there for a little while now.
    New iPhone 3Gs - $199.99

24. The Following User Says Thank You to iTJ For This Useful Post:

mattharris85 (2009-07-28)

Page 106 of 179 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156 ... LastLast