Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Release] Time Weather Calendar Springboard Theme v1.1

Quote Originally Posted by smacterd View Post
    Hey Ichwohneinloche - It looks like a made some mistakes with the names of some of the mods. The lockscreen uses Tap Lock Widget. You can find that here: Lock Widgets - Free Alternative to IntelliScreen [Updated, 2/6] - iPhone 3G | iPod touch Forums

And just in case anyone was wondering the icons are named Glasklart not Glaskart like I previously posted.
    thanks a ton dude! and yeah i forgot to mention the glasklart typo.

now i cant seem to get my lockscreen to display the wallpaper.
    Last edited by Ichwohneinloche; 2009-04-23 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

[/QUOTE=I have a lockscreen version, but it uses a 5-day forecast. I don't use it and do not intend to support it. The same configuration instructions apply.

http://www.wilcoxdesigns.com/iphone/...lockscreen.zip.: [/QUOTE]

Once again, Thanks a lot for your hard work, it's really nice, I like it a lot, i'm gonna keep it for a long time.
    Keep up the good works.

HVC
    Last edited by HVC; 2009-04-23 at 11:19 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone bootleg's Avatar
    Thanks

any way to use this as a substitute in either the weather & clock apps only?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bootleg View Post
    any way to use this as a substitute in either the weather & clock apps only?
    I'm not sure of your question. Any more detail would be good.

Thanks,
    - Dean

OK, now I got it working and the only thing not working is the inotifier notification, because the slider widget is off and even if turned on it gets overwritten by the 5-day-forecast theme.

OK, download the 5-day-forecast-theme from the above link.
    Place it into your Themes Folder on the iphone.
    Move the 5-day in winterboard to the top or turn off widget slider/tap.

Then the wallpaper will change like it does on the springboard, but if you have a missed call etc. you will have the standard iphone notification.

Well, this is where my mod-knowledge ends, I have no idea how to make that:

look like:

Maybe somebody can help me how to get the wallpaper and weather into the slider widget.

Answer: iBlacklist.
    Last edited by dogdaysunrise; 2009-05-08 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone mahgninnuc93's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok, so I SSH'd in. I cant get the weather to change location. Can someone post a screen shot of the areaq I need to put in my zip and city??
    I appreciate the assistance. Have a great day!

Hello everyone,

Firstly a massive thanks to the OP for sharing. This is a truly awesome theme!

Unfortunately I am having a slight problem with the theme not showing in the lockscreen, I am seeing the default Earth view screen. I have tried turning everything off in winterboard with the exception of the Time Weather Calendar but it still appears? Any ideas?

Cheers
    Dave

Cheers

Dave

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mahgninnuc93 View Post
    Ok, so I SSH'd in. I cant get the weather to change location. Can someone post a screen shot of the areaq I need to put in my zip and city??
    I appreciate the assistance. Have a great day!
    Once you get into your phone, the weather theme files are either here:

/Library/Themes/Time Weather Calendar/Private/configureMe.js

or

/private/var/stash/Themes.xxxxxx/Time Weather Calendar/Private/configureMe.js

Change your location (the pink text).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -configureme.js.png  

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dgwilcox For This Useful Post:

halfnhalf1971 (2009-06-08)

Quote Originally Posted by spenge View Post
    Hello everyone,

Firstly a massive thanks to the OP for sharing. This is a truly awesome theme!

Unfortunately I am having a slight problem with the theme not showing in the lockscreen, I am seeing the default Earth view screen. I have tried turning everything off in winterboard with the exception of the Time Weather Calendar but it still appears? Any ideas?

Cheers
    Dave

Cheers

Dave
    If you want the same theme in your lockscreen, you need to download this:
    http://www.wilcoxdesigns.com/iphone/...lockscreen.zip

Unzip it, and place it into your themes folder on your iphone.

Now, after a respring, you should have 2 themes in your winterboard.
    1 time weather calendar
    1 5-day-weather lockscreen

Check both. Respring......

This should do it.

Once you do that though, you won't have the neat notifivations of the slider or tap widget though.
    You will be back to the blue standard iphone popups.
    That's exactly what I tried to make work, combine the slider/tap widget for the time and date and the missed call notifications with the 5-day forecast icons and wallpaper.
    No success so far.......
    Last edited by dogdaysunrise; 2009-05-11 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dgwilcox View Post
    I gotcha now. Yes the notifications for the dock icons DO float. I've basically ignored it. I don't believe you can eliminate them. But maybe the red line solution would at least help.

Good Luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by spike98 View Post
    The notifications that appear at the top right corner of the phone, sms, email ect icons. Like if you have two unread SMS it shows a 2 in a red circle.

Because the icons are blank on the dock they seem to just float in the middle of nowhere.

I installed the taskbar notifier which places the notifications in the taskbar but they are still added to the icons in the dock. Ideally i would like to have a icon width thin red line that appears over where it says phone, sms, mail ect to signify that an unread messege is available.

If that is not possible i would like to get rid of them all together and just have the ones in the taskbar appear.

Sorry for the lack of explaination last night, it was late ha ha

I too was looking for a solution..what I thought about doing was changing the order of the weather and time, then move the phone/mail icon (Using 5 dock) over to the right. That way they will float but at least be not floating over the weather text. Another thing I thought was just to go into the other them. I am using and blank out those icons..but that means I may miss them from other apps. I figured with the TAP widget and stats notifier I dont need them over the mail/phone ones. The other option was moving them out of the dock and put them on the main screen....oh well gives me something to play with on a holiday

dgwilcox
    thanks again for this AWESOME theme. I really liked how you laid things together. I thought about upping the number of images that get swapped out (going to every hour during the day). I was wondering where did you get your back ground images as I like your taste in them I think I know where to hack to code (so it changes every hour) as I saw that part in the html file...

The other thing I thought about doing is trying to hack in the change of backgrounds into that tap widget. But if I read the right post I heard that others have tried that as well...

Thanks again!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default 3.0 Update?
    Just curious if anyone has tried this mod with the 3.0 update. Will it still work? Has anyone tried? My guess is that it will not function properly...

I almost did not upgrade because I loved my set-up. Copy and paste, Spotlight, etc. won out in the end though.

Any thoughts dgwilcox?

It works fine on 3.0

I'm currently working on modding it to my liking based off an earlier screen shot and come up with this so far:

Lock Screen:
    http://i41.tinypic.com/mt1jk.jpg

Home Screen:
    http://i42.tinypic.com/vdcyh5.jpg

The bottom four icons in the top group and the bottom right icon in the dock are all categories, so there is no need for scrolling. The only issue so far is with categories and apps that are in them will no longer show up in spotlight, which is a little annoying but nothing major.

I'm in the process of redoing the transition images at the moment and then do some other little tweaks here and there. Once StatusNotifier is working properly (When you can load the config menu without it crashing) Going to work on the lock screen and adding those notifications in a similar style to the screens posted earlier (Using Slide Lock Widget). I had a small crack last night but sleepiness got the better of me, so the lock screen is using the standard zip posted earlier.

can you get me the code without the backgrounds? i already have a rotation/random wallpaper setup on my theme. ive been trying to figure it out with no luck. your using a table to place the calendar, date, and time and it seems to overlap/misplace my current wallpapers. i would like just info placed on my spring board.

thanks, AJ

Thanks

I'm going to try to release a new version that I have been working on that is compatible with 3.0. It will have both the lockscreen and homescreen widgets as well as much more. I have most of it done but the lockscreen is still buggy.

First of all, thanks for sharing the theme. After seeing the screenshots, I finally had a reason to install Winterboard.

After modifying (mostly positioning) the theme a bit, I began to wonder if there was a way to get the 5-day_weather_lockscreen to work as the wallpaper as well (so both the lockscreen and wallpaper would have the same functionality). I've spent a few hours trying to get it to work, but have hit a dead end. Is there some functional reason that it isn't possible? [If it matters, I'm on 3.0]

Thanks again for the theme and any advice you might be able to offer.

Can anyone tell me how the create the dock icons? I would like to change the dock icons by removing settings. Then i would add text and ipod. But i cant figure out how to create new icons for the dock/remove. can anyone please let me know, thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default 3.0 and New Updates
    Well looks like this mod is alive and well!

Kussie - Your screens look great. Glad you were able to get everything working - well most everything. The category apps row is brilliant. I noticed that Spotlight icon seems to be lurking around still but not a deal-breaker. I'm going to try and jailbreak tonight (if I get the time) and I'll post my pics/results.

LaX 911 - Very curious as to what you come up with. Can't wait to see the pics.

btw - has anyone seen the MultiBarLockscreen over at the MacThemes Forums?: MacThemes Forum / [Theme] MultiBarLockscreen v1.6.6 + 2.0 Public Beta 6

It looks interesting but I'm curious if anyone can get it to match up with the TimeWeatherCalendar look that dgwilcox created.

Any takers?

I'm trying to change the weather location, but I can't open the configureme.js. What's the problem?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by walkman2001 View Post
    Can anyone tell me how the create the dock icons? I would like to change the dock icons by removing settings. Then i would add text and ipod. But i cant figure out how to create new icons for the dock/remove. can anyone please let me know, thanks.
    Just rename the icons that come with the theme. They are just blank .png files. The text is the dock label text.

smacterd - I have most of it done. Since StatusNotifier doesnt work 100% with 3.0, I dont have that implemented yet. I was thinking about adding a twitter widget as well, but i'm not sure how many ppl would actually use it.
    Last edited by LaX 911; 2009-06-25 at 12:28 AM.

Default My Recent changes
    I've done some tweaking of the theme and put up some new screens showing each of the transitions.

Night:
    http://i43.tinypic.com/246outj.jpg

Sunrise:
    http://i43.tinypic.com/2l8ywbt.jpg

Morning:
    http://i39.tinypic.com/2ppzczq.jpg

Day:
    http://i40.tinypic.com/2csj41e.jpg

Afternoon:
    http://i39.tinypic.com/smtuza.jpg

Sunset:
    http://i42.tinypic.com/2ld7wqf.jpg

Category View: (This is a work in progress each category has a different folder appear that matches what the category is. But i'm going to refine this and make it look better then just plonking a folder icon down the bottom right)
    http://i44.tinypic.com/14v5ht3.jpg

I've also moved the categories row and placed all of them down the bottom. I did this because some of the apps i previously had down the bottom would look a bit odd with a floating notification bubble attached to the transparent icon. This solution is a bit more elegant.

Unfortunately you can't see some of the recent changes i did too it in the screens but i'll list them here:
    - Spotlight Icon is gone
    - Colours of the calendar and other text now change depending on the time to suit the wallpaper
    - Changed the duration that some of the wallpapers appear for (For example sunset will only show for an hour - mostly because it's winter down here and the sunsets a lot earlier)
    - I also fixed a bug with a small difference between the calendar on the lock screen and the home screen (The lock screen used to show as S M T W T F S where as the home screen was M T W T F S S, they both now show as M T W T F S S).
    Last edited by Kussie; 2009-06-25 at 04:04 AM.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast