Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Loring Summerboard 2.1 Themes..

GREAT STUFF!!!!!! thanks for sharing them!
    I have one request you had a few themes with icons with reflections, any chance you can upload those?

thanks.

Another newbie question. Do I delete my original packagesources.plist? I copied over the packagesources.xml, but nothing changed even after a reboot. Both packagesource files were showing up.

I also saw the post for the .pxl file. Does that do it automatically for you?

Don't mean to be a pain just trying to learn this stuff. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg View Post
    Just installed your package. Thanks for the hard work.
    Question - I tried a theme - Tattoo 1 but none of the icons seemed to change. Am I missing something? The wallpaper was there and the top bar changed but that's it.
    How do I get the icons to change too?
    ETA - Now I tried the Fine Art theme and most of the icons changed (Apollo, Lights Off and Tetris did not.)
    So do some themes have icons and some don't?
    Yes. For now some sets are just wallpapers. You must understand I am trying to keep up with 84 Post iphone applications! And rather then have the same icon sets per theme... I would like to be able to create matching icons sometime in the future for them. Thus, being able to just put out an update.
    I will fix the Apollo, lightsoff and tetris soon =) Wait for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    GREAT STUFF!!!!!! thanks for sharing them!
    I have one request you had a few themes with icons with reflections, any chance you can upload those?
    thanks.
    Those icons are too big! Summerboard throws them off and down to the right. I can offset them.. but its lame. Im hoping to see this resolved and you will see some better sets.

Quote Originally Posted by CrookedSoul View Post
    Another newbie question. Do I delete my original packagesources.plist? I copied over the packagesources.xml, but nothing changed even after a reboot. Both packagesource files were showing up.
    I also saw the post for the .pxl file. Does that do it automatically for you?
    Don't mean to be a pain just trying to learn this stuff. Thank you
    You just copy the " PackageSources.plist " as listed below in my signature.
    And yes.. I have not tried.. But im 99.999 sure that Gregs PXL file with install it for you.

On another note. Phweew. lol
    Ill fix that other stuff
    Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.
    Graphic Design | Vehicle Wraps | Website Design | Large Format Printing

oo i got a theme named after me

Thanks for the themes LS!

Quote Originally Posted by Casetay View Post
    HOLY SHIAT!! This is amazing man. You do amazing work. Right now I have the Fine Art theme only I have an orange battery and orange signal bars and it looks amazing being the only color on that wonderful home screen!! Thanks so much you truly are a pioneer. Oh one more thing, could u possibly make an update for Fine Art where it says Loring Studios a little higher... It covers up a crucial part of the picture lol Thanks again

Hmm.. I suppose I can do that Look for an update later on.
    Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.

Loring,

Love the new updates! Just 1 question. Is there any place we can preview all of these springboard themes before installing? or am I just missing it?

Thanks
    Gan

UPDATE UPDATE

I have CHANGED.. YES I AM SORRY.. But I changed my packagessource to become a part of the community sources... Sorry but you will need to change your package source =(
    Sorry guys. I updated the file in my signature. Redownload and install.

OR.. if you wanna type it just change the
    <key>category</key>
    <string>Your Theme Source!</string>
    into this...
    <key>category</key>
    <string>Community Sources</string>

Thats it!

Okay, where do I go to select these themes in my phone? I can't seem to find summerboard's preferences to change the theme.

Quote Originally Posted by gannon145 View Post
    Loring,

Love the new updates! Just 1 question. Is there any place we can preview all of these springboard themes before installing? or am I just missing it?

Thanks
    Gan
    No. There no ability in installer to "preview" .. Maybe in the future? However you can uninstall just as easy as you can install.

Quote Originally Posted by captnroger View Post
    Okay, where do I go to select these themes in my phone? I can't seem to find summerboard's preferences to change the theme.
    You have to have summerboard 2.11. When you install my packagesource,.. you still have to go to installer and install the ones you want. Then they will appear in summerboard prefs > themes.
    Does that help?

I'm loving these!

I think I've settled on this one for now.

Quote Originally Posted by LoringStudios View Post
    No. There no ability in installer to "preview" .. Maybe in the future? However you can uninstall just as easy as you can install.
    We can all hope... preview and ver. change notes would be amazing.

However I know since you are hosting your own packets now, would it be possible to have a page where we could get preview of these packs? With possible updates and all I just don't see install/uninstall being an efficient way of viewing these themes.

I know it would be like #1000 on your list of things to do, but I think it would really help. I would offer my time, but I am the last person you would want working that.

Either way, keep up the good work.

K, so I'm pretty proud of the amount of things I HAVE figured out on my own, but I have a couple questions for you guys...

1) Is there a list online somewhere of ALL package sources available? I'd like to see what everyone has to offer...

2) When I'm downloading icon sets, themes, etc from the forums, how do I get them onto my phone? I have iBrickr installed, and I understand how to use it...I'm just not sure where to drop things.

3) Is there anyway to unzip on the iPhone? I've downloaded tons of themes that are compressed in zip folders, now what do I do to get those onto my phone?

God, I'm lovin' this phone and these boards!

I'm loving these!

YEah that is the one I have been using as well! awesome job man!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Duuuuuuuuuude... I finally got Massacare on my phone. Thanx Loring. The funny things you can do with renaming the apps..

Last edited by tonydrone; 2007-09-19 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGreg View Post
    Pxl package for all three 'rogue' Installer sources, iSwitcher, HighTymes and Loring Studios
    RIGHT HERE
    I installed this .pxl through iBrickr and your source and hightymes source shows up but not Loring's. Any way you can post an updated .pxl? Or am I doing something wrong?

Which theme is this one named?

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    YEah that is the one I have been using as well! awesome job man!!!

I think since we change the loring plist Greg has to update the pxl package.

-If you have ibrickr.. install installer and from installer install the community sources, bsd subsystem and summerboard 2.11. One you have summerboard.. install the packagelist by uploading file from ibrickr as mentioned in my signature below.

Ya guys. Theres a lot going on. Ill get you all the tetris update soon! The icon is BOMB. And Ants and some others popping up. Damn I'll never keep up!

60pxSquareIcons

I'm loving these!

Quote Originally Posted by itsdchz View Post
    Which theme is this one named?

60pxSquareIcons
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2007-09-19 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

SWEET! Thanks! Saves time downloading them all and changing each theme.

No problem I know what you mean I speant a long time going through each theme and deleting the ones I did not like. I still have about 20 or so on my phone right now.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast