Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Loring Summerboard 2.1 Themes..

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

holyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...thankyou Loring.

thanx for the great work

where can we preview the themes before downloading them?

Pxl package for all three 'rogue' Installer sources, iSwitcher, HighTymes and Loring Studios
    RIGHT HERE

Is there any way to update my source from my phone? I'm stuck at work with no web access!
    Last edited by Augie23; 2007-09-19 at 07:38 AM. Reason: typo

My server can handle it
    ok, so I'm going to bed... Really LOL
    Also, some of those are not done. So just wait for updates. Your installer will chime when your sources refresh if i put out updates.

Quote Originally Posted by X-ception View Post
    thanx for the great work

where can we preview the themes before downloading them?
    No previews yet. But you can uninstall them faster then installing them! So if you don't like just uninstall. Its that easy.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGreg View Post
    Pxl package for all three 'rogue' Installer sources, iSwitcher, HighTymes and Loring Studios
    RIGHT HERE
    nice greg! Ha ha "rogue"
    Last edited by LoringStudios; 2007-09-19 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.
    Graphic Design | Vehicle Wraps | Website Design | Large Format Printing

Thanks

why does in installer app....i first go to it and i see a whole lot of new app but when i install one of then i go back to installer and all the new apps arent there no more

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

not sure if this the answer you're looking for, but if you install anything on there, it is removed from the list. it will show up under the 'uninstall' tab instead.

Quote Originally Posted by iphonejeff View Post
    why does in installer app....i first go to it and i see a whole lot of new app but when i install one of then i go back to installer and all the new apps arent there no more
    When you install. Whatever you installed leaves the install page and you can only view it on the uninstall page.
    I dont know why you would loose things, try refreshing sources
    Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.
    Graphic Design | Vehicle Wraps | Website Design | Large Format Printing

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Augie23 View Post
    Is there any way to update my source from my phone? I'm stuck at work with no web access!
    I'm assuming you have Installer... Load it up and install BSD Subsystem if you havent already... then MobileFinder and MobileTextEdit.... and get ready for a lot of typing.

Using mobile finder browse to:
    (root:)/var/root/Library/Installer/ and open SourcePackages.plist

Find this text at the very bottom (should be last 2 lines)
    </array>
    </plist>
    you need to add this text to the file right before that text (and after your last source's </dict>):

<dict>
    <key>category</key>
    <string>Your Theme Source!</string>
    <key>contact</key>
    <string>[email protected]</string>
    <key>description</key>
    <string>ytivitaerc Re-Written</string>
    <key>location</key>
    <string>http://loringstudios.com/iPhone-schnapps/index.xml</string>
    <key>maintainer</key>
    <string>J.Loring</string>
    <key>name</key>
    <string>LoringStudiosDotCom</string>
    <key>url</key>
    <string>http://loringstudios.com/iPhone-schnapps</string>
    </dict>

Good luck, should be some good thumb excersize! Careful though, especially with the URLs, there isn't any auto-correct.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to unclear For This Useful Post:

Augie23 (2007-09-19)

Quote Originally Posted by LoringStudios View Post
    ha ha thanks, i can send updates too. So ill start working on certain mods now that a bulk is out. Ill fix the apollo one and noticed tetris too.,
    theres some REAL basic stuff and once the big icon thing gets fixed ill release the goog stuff!!
    Night guys have fun
    A couple things I found for ya:

-It is iFlashCards, you have it as a lower case C. That seems to be on all of them.
    -On IconsColorTransparent, you have Lights-Off instead of Lights Off.

sorry for being a noob.. but how do i even get the themes on the phone. i did ibrickr and i dont understand how to use MobileFinder and MobileTextEdit. please help

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitxstyle View Post
    sorry for being a noob.. but how do i even get the themes on the phone. i did ibrickr and i dont understand how to use MobileFinder and MobileTextEdit. please help
    You don't need either one of those for themes. Download summerboard through ibrickr.

Quote Originally Posted by unclear View Post
    I'm assuming you have Installer... Load it up and install BSD Subsystem if you havent already... then MobileFinder and MobileTextEdit.... and get ready for a lot of typing.

Using mobile finder browse to:
    (root/var/root/Library/Installer/ and open SourcePackages.plist

Find this text at the very bottom (should be last 2 lines)
    </array>
    </plist>
    you need to add this text to the file right before that text (and after your last source's </dict>):

<dict>
    <key>category</key>
    <string>Your Theme Source!</string>
    <key>contact</key>
    <string>[email protected]</string>
    <key>description</key>
    <string>ytivitaerc Re-Written</string>
    <key>location</key>
    <string>http://loringstudios.com/iPhone-schnapps/index.xml</string>
    <key>maintainer</key>
    <string>J.Loring</string>
    <key>name</key>
    <string>LoringStudiosDotCom</string>
    <key>url</key>
    <string>http://loringstudios.com/iPhone-schnapps</string>
    </dict>

Good luck, should be some good thumb excersize! Careful though, especially with the URLs, there isn't any auto-correct.
    I couldn't figure out how to do this on a mac so I did it manually too...
    "My fingers hurt"
    "Well now your backs gonna hurt cause you just pulled landscaping duty"
    HAHA Happy Gilmore

ok my bad. but how do you load the theme to the phone. i do have summerboard and iswitcher. i got a file from the download area. but still would like to see loring themes..

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitxstyle View Post
    ok my bad. but how do you load the theme to the phone. i do have summerboard and iswitcher. i got a file from the download area. but still would like to see loring themes..
    open iBrickr go to
    var/root/Library/Installer
    copy the original file for back up and then replace it with the one u downloaded. and then restart ur phone and go to installer n you will see all the new themes.

thats how i did it.try at ur own risk hehe

the iSwitcher Theme packs wont download it keep saying i need iSwitcher on the phone which i already have ... anyone else having that problem?
    Last edited by X-ception; 2007-09-19 at 09:24 AM.

HOLY SHIAT!! This is amazing man. You do amazing work. Right now I have the Fine Art theme only I have an orange battery and orange signal bars and it looks amazing being the only color on that wonderful home screen!! Thanks so much you truly are a pioneer. Oh one more thing, could u possibly make an update for Fine Art where it says Loring Studios a little higher... It covers up a crucial part of the picture lol Thanks again
    Last edited by Casetay; 2007-09-19 at 11:05 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Casetay View Post
    HOLY SHIAT!! This is amazing man. You do amazing work. Right now I have the Fine Art theme only I have an orange battery and orange signal bars and it looks amazing being the only color on that wonderful home screen!! Thanks so much you truly are a pioneer. Oh one more thing, could u possibly make an update for Fine Art where it says Loring Studios a little higher... It covers up a crucial part of the picture lol Thanks again
    definitely liking that fine art theme...

Quote Originally Posted by X-ception View Post

the iSwitcher Theme packs wont download it keep saying i need iSwitcher on the phone which i already have ... anyone else having that problem?
    If you are going to use Installer for iSwitcher themes, then you need to install iSwitcher with Installer. Unfortunately Installer is only aware of apps that 'it' installs, not all the apps you have on your phone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGreg View Post
    If you are going to use Installer for iSwitcher themes, then you need to install iSwitcher with Installer. Unfortunately Installer is only aware of apps that 'it' installs, not all the apps you have on your phone.
    What's weird is apparently it doesn't keep tracks of Apps it uninstalls.. I can't install the "Stock Theme" on Installer.app because I get a dialog saying "you can't install this theme with iSwitcher installed". I go and uninstall, but still get the same dialog afterwards. iSwitcher is off my uninstall list and back under install... =/

Just installed your package. Thanks for the hard work.

Question - I tried a theme - Tattoo 1 but none of the icons seemed to change. Am I missing something? The wallpaper was there and the top bar changed but that's it.

How do I get the icons to change too?

ETA - Now I tried the Fine Art theme and most of the icons changed (Apollo, Lights Off and Tetris did not.)

So do some themes have icons and some don't?
    Last edited by lgreenberg; 2007-09-19 at 02:40 PM.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast