Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [preview] Zen

Delark do you make your themes from scratch?

The little bonsai was a photo from google, also as the bamboo used for the dock (but i'm going to change that, because I find it not detailed enough.
    Icons like the filmroll are stockphotos whom I redo with pentool, and icons like the Sms envelope are entirely made from scratch. For some icons like the maps, I use free icons.

But the charging screen etc are entirely made from scratch, and thus take a lot of time

And phreakwenci,

The dock is made for 3 icon, with more icons, they overlap the wood on the left and the right.

I could make a 4 and 5 dock version tho, if that is really wanted.

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. I really have to look into the icons...

I have changed the dock, because I thought that it didn't match the theme any more...
    It's now a "zen garden", and I think it worked out well.

Last edited by delark; 2009-03-27 at 04:02 PM.

For me a 5 Icon dock is a must. I like the zen garden dock better than the bamboo dock btw. Much cooler. For the 5 I'd imagine just take away the bonsai yea? Actually you could use the bonsai as an Icon... say like settings or weather? just a thought.

I like the old style icons. I think that way that it is so simple is very nice. It keeps the theme consistent. Though I do agree about having different options for the top left of the icon so that there can be a little variety.

Also, I am not normally a fan of docks that don't look right with less than 4 icons. I prefer 5, but it's hardly a must for me.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I think the way you make icons for the dock is great ... the new dock is a lot more classier ... let's test the icon style from the dock to the spring board ... see how they'd look ? ..

That might even work, I'll sure try that option!

Things that needs to be done in the future are now:

*Lock and unlock sound.
    *Icons! yay!
    *4 and 5 iconstyle dock.
    *Skin the keypad

If you'd like to see something changed into the "zen" style, please tell me! As this is only my second theme ever!

I think I fixed the icons, in my opinion, they fit the theme, and keep the style consistent.

Please, tell me your opinion!
    Last edited by delark; 2009-03-28 at 04:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I hope you make a version for the 3 icon dock, I think it looks great with just 3. 5 icons would clutter the whole "zen garden" look, IMHO. Also, I liked the first version of that zen rock garden style dock, the second version is blurrier and looks undefined. But wow, the icons are very nice now! This is looking very sharp. Keep up the great work!

Dig it. Still want a 4 & 5 icon dock option tho. How are you going to make the icons accessible so that we can make them on our own without bugging the hell out of you when we need new icons?

i will include a psd with the 4 icon templates, so you guys can add an image to it.
    I'm glad you like the icons, and I will release the the with a 3, 4 and 5 icon dock

Small update; the top bar has changed, and the notification bubble is changed to (Located here above the Cydia icon)

The dock now has a small grass field on the right, and a dragon statue. Also, the sand is changed.

---

Here are the images from the charging sequence, see how when your battery would be in red, the actual incense is burning.

---

Normal lockscreen; (Updated)
    Last edited by delark; 2009-03-30 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. The Following User Says Thank You to delark For This Useful Post:

predator13 (2009-03-29)

It's looking very nice.

A four icon dock, when released, PSD files will be included for regular and dock icons, so you can add your icon to the dock/springboard.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to delark For This Useful Post:

btownxtreme (2009-04-20)

Quote Originally Posted by delark View Post

Here are the images from the charging sequence, see how when your battery would be in red, the actual incense is burning.

So just a question, as the battery charges will the incense burn lower and lower and once its fully charged it will be completely burned out, or are you doing it the other way

edit: I personally think it would make the most sense that when the battery is fully charged then the incense is burned all the way down, cuz it doesnt really make sense that the incense would burn and grow in length

A four icon dock, when released, PSD files will be included for regular and dock icons, so you can add your icon to the dock/springboard.
    i really like the writing used in the calendar app in this screen shot, you should definitely incorporate more of that into the theme, by the way, this theme is so nice I actually registered just to comment
    Last edited by Newton1221; 2009-03-30 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Indeed, I'm going to change the time font in the lockscreen to that font, as it suits the theme very good. You have a point with the incense, but I see it this way.

Your battery is fully charged, so you lit the incense, and it burns down gradually. I know, you don't see the incense burning down...

I might even go with another version for the battery, as the placement isn't quite what I want. (And I'm restricted, as the battery placement is locked.)

Indeed, I'm going to change the time font in the lockscreen to that font, as it suits the theme very good. You have a point with the incense, but I see it this way.

Your battery is fully charged, so you lit the incense, and it burns down gradually. I know, you don't see the incense burning down...

I might even go with another version for the battery, as the placement isn't quite what I want. (And I'm restricted, as the battery placement is locked.)
    sounds good, perhaps you can implement the sand raking into the battery somehow, like low battery is really messy disorganized sand and as it charges it gets more and more tidy and designed

Thanks

Nice work I really like this theme and cant wait for the release....keep up the good work
    Mess with the BEST... Die like the rest

Thanks

its DELARK who died already...lol no answer from him a month already
    DoNt ForGeT to Say "THanK You" using tHe THANKS ButToN if you found my post helpful

Apple iPhoNe 3GS Factory Unlocked 3.1.2 All working flawlessly!!

Thanks

ya I would really like to see this theme released looks great hope its still in works
    Mess with the BEST... Die like the rest

looks good to me - my .02 i would make it less brown, maybe lighter color for the sandbox dock - and make the notification icons transparent and lighter - but im just picking it looks great - needs a bugged eyed lizard also >

I know, I've been dead for a month No, I'm still alive! Just don't have that much time anymore... Girlfriend, restoring a Mustang and school, so I'm quite busy!

But as I see that 'many' people would like to see my themes released, I feel guilty!
    I'll get back on them whenever I find some time!

Cheers, and sorry for the huge delay!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast