Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Preview] aStyle 1.0

Talking [Preview] aStyle 1.0
    This is just something I spent a couple of hours working on. I really wanted a navigation bar that interacts a little better when switching pages.

The style is simple and at the moment colourless, but could do with some design help for each page if someone wanted to collaborate?

Here are a couple of screenshots so far, although seeing the way the pages animate do make it look a-lot more slick!

I included a modded version of my Weather Widget in this screenshot too.

Let me know what you think people

EDIT: I have added some icons, and moved a couple of things around!

Here is a video of how it runs:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QDWDGQx68Q[/ame]

Here is a reflective clock i'm working on for the lockscreen.. looking good so far!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7giOTmlZ2Q[/ame]

-tm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0007.png   -img_0008.png   -img_0009.png   -img_0010.png   -img_0011.png   -lockscreen-capture.png  
    Last edited by technominds; 2009-03-24 at 10:32 PM.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to technominds For This Useful Post:

angelecour (2009-07-17), Bender! (2009-04-02), drain (2009-12-01), Esricvil (2009-04-04), georgefx (2009-03-30), HellsBoyz (2009-03-31), iphone_pro (2009-05-09), joorgiitoo (2009-03-31), Marjan (2010-03-20), Marr0n0 (2009-11-05), rakan (2009-04-03), RonnyT24 (2009-03-27), sidh7 (2009-06-18)

i think the main icons could be better if there was a picture instead of big writing

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ekidd For This Useful Post:

rakan (2009-04-03)

Good ideda, lifting the bar off the bottom like that. I agree with the icons instead of text, but I'd keep it very simplistic. As far as collaborating on style, go for it, but maybe avoid mixing colors. I don't know if it's just me, but the clusterf*cked-rainbowness of the default icon colors annoys the heck out of me lol.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Caffeineighted For This Useful Post:

rakan (2009-04-03)

Updated the theme, and added a video and screens for you!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to technominds For This Useful Post:

rakan (2009-04-03)

nice.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jayteez For This Useful Post:

rakan (2009-04-03)

iPhone? More like MyPhone uglyboygq's Avatar
    Thanks

Awesome work. I was actually working on an idea similar to this for personal use. I'm interested in seeing this through. Then I'll have to favorite themes. : )
    Don't take life so serious...no one comes out alive anyways.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to uglyboygq For This Useful Post:

rakan (2009-04-03)

This theme looks cool, as far as colour I think white looks great its very minimal and clean. Maybe you could try removing the words on each page to make it super clean

14. The Following User Says Thank You to m-klass For This Useful Post:

rakan (2009-04-03)

Quote Originally Posted by m-klass View Post
    This theme looks cool, as far as colour I think white looks great its very minimal and clean. Maybe you could try removing the words on each page to make it super clean
    Two versions could be cool, one with and one without!

I'm also going to work on a dark version (much like coverflow)

Yes Sir!!! This is realy good mate!! It looks clean cut!!
    Quick question though do these main pages store sub folders to ad there respective cataglory headings? eg games (monopoly,ect.ect)
    Do u actually select the categlory then enter its contens?
    Sorry if i sound new, but really excited about ur theme should have put it in the contest!!!

Quote Originally Posted by technominds View Post

I'm also going to work on a dark version (much like coverflow
    Sounds like an excellent idea, what about an exact opposite of the white? so where your original is white it would be grey and vice versa?

I also quite like the colours black and electric blue I think they work well together as the blue really stands out against black.

Just a few thought...

Any way dude any ETA on a release of these beautiful themes?

Cheers...

I'm also going to work on a dark version (much like coverflow)

I think you could maybe have one version but have the writing as an opptinaol extra that could be turned on or off in winterboard that way the user could choose if they wanted it on or off + the user would only have to download one theme. I think that would be cool

Quote Originally Posted by dancin_smurf View Post
    Yes Sir!!! This is realy good mate!! It looks clean cut!!
    Quick question though do these main pages store sub folders to ad there respective cataglory headings? eg games (monopoly,ect.ect)
    Do u actually select the categlory then enter its contens?
    Sorry if i sound new, but really excited about ur theme should have put it in the contest!!!

Yes my friend, well certain folders like games and apps. you have to download a app from Cydia called Categories then create the folders. After this has been done you then go in to the Categories app create the folders and then add all your apps and games apart from the ones that show on each page of the springboard.
    Last edited by m-klass; 2009-03-23 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

This is what the second style will look like...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -wallpaper.png  

This is what the second style will look like...

I defo think that the white one is looking better....

what about bringing the weather widget to the top, use the dock for the five icons, and just a background for each page and that way you don't have to use a ton of blank icons. nice theme so far

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

I think I would rather have it without the weather widget... I think they use too much battery, and slow things down... If I want the current weather for my area, ill just look outside.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Very nice looking theme. Great job.

iPhone? More like MyPhone compnerd88's Avatar
    Thanks

I like it man....keep up the work on it

-Compnerd88

i like the concept

and eagerly anticipating it

ETA on release?
    Last edited by trkwch; 2009-03-23 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i dont like the widgets in the dock and also i think that the wallpapers should take up the whole screen not having that white stuff on the sides

another thing i do not like is the way it functions. if you set it up with springjumps the way i have demonstrated in the attatched image you could press the icon once to go to the page and again to launch the appjust theme the jumps and you would have to use the springjumps mod

i love the look of it though, just need some tweaking
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -fixed-idea-copy.png  

looks awesome! are you going to release it? I would love that theme.

READ THIS !!!!

do not start harassing him about releasing it, if you can wait make your own theme

it isnt a very complex theme but you dont know what plans he has for it so dont everyone start asking him "when when when"

28. The Following User Says Thank You to JStraitiff For This Useful Post:

wfansl01 (2009-04-26)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast