Page 85 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 2887

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [RELEASE] i'Elegance

It would be nice if some more people could show some appreciation. We are talking about ALOT of time invested.
    Last edited by barsoverbeats; 2009-06-04 at 10:22 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to barsoverbeats For This Useful Post:

azndrago123 (2009-06-04), Silverado87 (2009-06-05)

@ bishopazrael
    your right, i haven't shown my appreciation much, but there isnt much i can do.
    Donations - don't even have a paypal/credit card. (I'm only 11)
    Helping out - I cant really see how we can really help out. If you ask I can do some light photoshop but I'm still sorta new to it all. The main reason i jailbroke my touch was to get the free games - according to my brother. The themeing part was just something my bro showed me and I thought i could get into it, and something fun to do to take my mind off of finals.
    Thanks - I personally think the thanks button is overrated, but if you really want me to, Ill thank every post..

yes bishopazrael we understand your "concern" but you dont have to be so harsh. even at my age i understand that all this is online haha.
    Don't think im saying that bar's hard work is just wasted on us. Im sure all of us appreciate it, and we are taking it for granted. Bars is a pro, and we simply are not.

Quote Originally Posted by bishopazrael View Post
    wow... feeling left out?

So tell me again, whats wrong for standing up for whats right? I'm honestly baffled how this community can push someone this far for free.

And your problem with that is..... what again?

Translates to:

You pretty much hit the nail on the head with me. I love getting all this great work for free and I don't intend on giving anything back as long as I don't have to. And the day they charge is the day I switch to another theme.
    LOL, yeah it totally translates to that. I donate if I can. But I don't do paypal, I don't trust em. If bars played online poker, he would already have money from me as I have offered.

The point isn't really the donations, it's the long winded holier than thou rant you felt like posting. Give us all a break.

Quote Originally Posted by barsoverbeats View Post
    It would be nice if some more people could show some appreciation. We are talking about ALOT of time invested.
    No argument here, it takes a lot of time. You can also release the PSD and then a lot of the time you get help for the icons. This is what has been my experience with other themes. I have made my own icons for several themes using the PSD file.

bars...bro....amazing work!! This is by far the best and most complete theme I've seen! I admire the time and effort you've put into this and I'm sure others will join me thinking "thanks" is not enough. I will send donation your way tomorrow (payday :-/ )

Quick question. I d/l this just yesterday (v1.6), does that release include your latest icon pack? If not I've got a couple to request:

AP News (previously Mobile News)
    Banking
    Calc
    Cell Minute Tracker
    DobotTodos
    kingdoms
    UnitsConvertor
    MafiaWars

Obviously you're busy, so whatever you can do. Thanks again!!

@ bishopazrael
    Man...there's SO many things wrong with your post. Obviously you are upset and probably have every right to be, but there's certainly better ways to express your frustration. Go take a nap, drink some beer, do some yoga...who knows. You're just going to piss a lot of people off and scare a lot more away. I didn't read all 100+ pages of this thread so I don't know the whole story, but it doesn't matter...I'm still offended by your belligerence and it doesn't even apply to me. Also, there's a lot of people that aren't in a position to donate and I'm sure they would if they could.

One thing that would reduce bars's workload on this is to release a PSD file. I'm sure people would be more than happy to create their own icons. I'm sure bars could stop providing his services any time he felt it was too much, but he probably enjoys doing this. Not to detract from the importance of people to donate and/or show their appreciation, but to tear everyone a new *** hole is totally uncalled for IMO.
    Attached Images Attached Images         

6. The Following User Says Thank You to w3rk3d For This Useful Post:

barsoverbeats (2009-06-06)

Quote Originally Posted by xcdogx View Post
    LOL, yeah it totally translates to that. I donate if I can. But I don't do paypal, I don't trust em. If bars played online poker, he would already have money from me as I have offered.

The point isn't really the donations, it's the long winded holier than thou rant you felt like posting. Give us all a break.

No argument here, it takes a lot of time. You can also release the PSD and then a lot of the time you get help for the icons. This is what has been my experience with other themes. I have made my own icons for several themes using the PSD file.
    You don't trust Paypal, but you want to pay out via a POKER game? Wow. What an excuse. We all seem to have NO problem with paypal. But you.. you're the light and wisdom around here. So we're all wrong to trust paypal is what you're saying?

Azn I get that you're a kid. I don't expect kids to donate. Just be a useful member around here. Take, no problem. Take some more. Eventually you'll start knowing enough that sooner or later you're going to see a question you know how to answer. Answer it and start your version of giving back.

See this whole thing, "holier than thou" isn't about me. Its not even about Bars. Its about doing what's RIGHT. Most of these guys have to be shocked into seeing that. They've been used to taking for so long that when someone asks for donations, its mostly just ignored.

And it shouldn't be. There should be some kind of give back. And when asked you can see the reaction. Wow. Way to show appreciation.

Bars giving out the PSD would enable other folks to potentially profit off of his work. The PSD is the equivalent of owning your masters in the music world. Giving it out is something that every artist has to figure out for themselves.

And its your first post. You're right. You don't know whats going on. Try reading first before wading into the deep end. I love how you just wade in and basically insinuate that you know what's right or wrong in this situation in your first post on this site.

I expect that those that are able to give, and those that can't don't.

Here's a question for you w3rk3d (holy crap another l33tsp33ker):
    If my post had not been here... you would have come here, and I'm willing to bet any amount of money that had my post not been up here, you would have just asked for the icons and went on your merry way. You wouldn't have donated.

But that's right... we won't ever know the truth of it because it WAS up there and you DID say you'd donate tomorrow because saying "thanks" wasn't enough. Too bad, I'd love to be proven right. Thing is.. I think we all know what the truth is. You wouldn't have donated without my post being there. You were shamed into it.

Thanks for playin kid.
    Last edited by bishopazrael; 2009-06-05 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Who made you Sheriff bishopazrael?

Personally I'm sick of your ridiculous rants and didn't even bother reading yet again another one from you. Just remember barsoverbeats did this theme in his own time and for his own enjoyment and provided it for all to enjoy. At the time of release he didn't ask for monies nor did he 3/4 of the way through this thread. It wasn't until a few members suggested it that he posted his PayPal details on his site, which BTW also came about 3/4 of the way through this thread.

Anyways your analogy re the release of the .psd is a joke and I won't even go there as that's another issue.. I do pages and requests for another theme on here and have done quite a lot but not once have asked nor interested in money as I do it for the enjoyment and for others to enjoy.

Enough from me, get off ya high horse and my god you rambled on for hours only to offer $5, are you serious! Oh BTW no I haven't donated and won't be either and I have my reasons as I'm sure many others do also.

barsoverbeats - great theme mate, well done, but if it means ya gotta have guys like this begging for money for ya and you won't release .psd for all to help out, sorry but I'm going back to stock. Thanks..

Nice to see how the community feels about it. Good show Scooter.

hey bars
    my internet stopped working as i was writing this yesterday
    just wanted to say thanks for the icons and the great theme
    would donate if i could
    but you know im just 13

oh by the way i barely noticed today when i put a passcode and my iPod
    im not so crazy about the lockkeypad
    Want It. Buy It. Hack It. Enjoy It.

I will not complain if you take your phone back to stock. I will continue on as I always have. I have said many times throughout this thread the PSD was not to be released until I heard back from two TOP DOGS of the Jailbroken community. As SOON as I get word, the psd will be released with action script. I dont LIKE being put into this position TRUST ME. I do feel that people could pitch a buck or two for the effort. If you take the theme off and go back to stock there will still be the other 100,000 users.

Play nice kids......or there will be no playing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by barsoverbeats View Post
    I will not complain if you take your phone back to stock. I will continue on as I always have. I have said many times throughout this thread the PSD was not to be released until I heard back from two TOP DOGS of the Jailbroken community. As SOON as I get word, the psd will be released with action script. I dont LIKE being put into this position TRUST ME. I do feel that people could pitch a buck or two for the effort. If you take the theme off and go back to stock there will still be the other 100,000 users.
    bars like I said your theme is great and hats off to you for designing it, but having grovelling gremlins like the one above turns me and surely others off what is a great theme. I know you have a lot of supporters and I am one of them, but, ah don't worry, won't go on as enough said and I'm only 1 member in many, not like 'the community' as someone above so stupidly thinks.

Scooter I love that you're proving my point for me man. Thanks!

Look I'm not groveling for anyone. That doesn't make any sense at all. My whole point has been that there ARE a LOT of people here who can contribute. Hell Scooter I gotta tell you, some of the themers around here feel the way I do, the just don't want to say it because they're scared of getting the reaction you're giving. Nice job on basically disrespecting the very people you depend on for your "entertainment". You've already said you have no intentions of donating. Thats fine.

My whole point is that those that can, should. You don't want to, thats up to you, but the community is going to start hurting because of it. I mean you cannot really expect a themer to do 113 pages of icon requests without people kicking in now can you? I bet you do. I bet you expect it all to be free.

Anyways my point's been made. I found it thoroughly disheartening to see the community disregard its core members like so much free entertainment. I feel that they deserve more. Scooter doesn't. I'm not the sherriff, nor the admin so my peace has been said. Now its time for the core members, the guys and gals that make the themes to stand up for themselves. If you want a donation, ask for it. If you want to give it away, great. If you want to make your theme free, build it up, then sell it for a buck a theme I don't think thats an unreasonable price. After all.... a buck in the app store will buy a proggie they'll use maybe 3 hours tops. A theme on the iphone, well that gets used for upwards of 100 hours or more before being changed. Just ask bars' fans how long they've kept iElegance on their phones. A dollar for a total and complete theme for hundreds of hours of enjoyment?

A small price to pay.
    Last edited by bishopazrael; 2009-06-05 at 02:44 AM.

Just to let you know, I donated $5 to the cause

Thanks for the great theme!

Next useless argumentative post in this thread is an instant infraction.

thanks for the donation! its very much appreciated.

Guys, I am wrestling with a desktop, trying to get it set back up. I am at a lack of a flash drive, and a bunch of drivers including the ethernet. I have to work on it for a bit longer and I will try to complete the outstanding icon requests...

Check the first post guys!! We will hit HALF A MILLION downloads tonight!!
    Last edited by barsoverbeats; 2009-06-05 at 03:30 AM.

I have a few icon requests for icons I couldn't find. I'll just take a screenshot of the page of the apps I'm missing. I used the stock theme so you could have the labels, too .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0001.png  

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Sportsmaniac1322 For This Useful Post:

barsoverbeats (2009-06-05)

ahaha nice site bars. We Made You - Instrumental scared me at first

@sportsmaniac1322 - some of those have already been made, try using the cydia app - "rename" to allow the theme to put the icon.png to the correct icon. You can also rename the .pngs in the icons folder to the correct app.
    For instance - "the moron test" is known as "Idiot Test" in the icons folder. Capitals do matter apparently ._.
    Last edited by azndrago123; 2009-06-05 at 04:38 AM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to azndrago123 For This Useful Post:

Infraction or not, I've gotta defend myself here.
    And its your first post. You're right. You don't know whats going on. Try reading first before wading into the deep end. I love how you just wade in and basically insinuate that you know what's right or wrong in this situation in your first post on this site.
    My point was that it doesn't matter how many posts I have or whether I'm just a guest. The fact is that your post was offensive to anyone that read it...just look at the reception it's got.
    Here's a question for you w3rk3d (holy crap another l33tsp33ker):
    If my post had not been here... you would have come here, and I'm willing to bet any amount of money that had my post not been up here, you would have just asked for the icons and went on your merry way. You wouldn't have donated.

But that's right... we won't ever know the truth of it because it WAS up there and you DID say you'd donate tomorrow because saying "thanks" wasn't enough. Too bad, I'd love to be proven right. Thing is.. I think we all know what the truth is. You wouldn't have donated without my post being there. You were shamed into it.
    Honest to god truth is I found this thread looking for more information about the author of this theme so I could donate. You obviously won't believe that, but that's what I do...help people out that deserve it. If you think your post was anything but offensive (least of which inciting shame or being influential) then that proves what a ridiculous ego you have.

Lastly, I do agree with some of your points...it's just the manner in which you expressed it. I think the web is full of leechers and that is really what motivates me to donate to those authors of good apps, graphics, themes, whatever, that deserve it.

Enough said from me on the matter. Keep up the great work bars and you'll get yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsmaniac1322 View Post
    I have a few icon requests for icons I couldn't find. I'll just take a screenshot of the page of the apps I'm missing. I used the stock theme so you could have the labels, too .
    here you go....
    Attached Images Attached Images           

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to barsoverbeats For This Useful Post:

azndrago123 (2009-06-05), Sportsmaniac1322 (2009-06-05), xxfr0stbytexx (2009-06-06)

Hey Bars, just wanted to let you know I am still running the theme and love it more and more everyday, great work. Sad to say (or maybe a good thing) I have no icon request but even though I do not I am still going to donate again soon just to show the appreciate for all the hard work you do for everyone. Keep up the awesome things you do. Best theme and creator I have seen on the site.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Kawi2004 For This Useful Post:

Page 85 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135 ... LastLast