Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [release] Rock Band theme for Winterboard

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thumbs up [UPDATE] Rock Band theme for Winterboard
    Now avaiable on Cydia!

Hi everybody. This is my first theme, so bear with me. I've always loved customizing my electronics so I figured it was about time I tried my hand at iPhone theming.

This theme is based around the video game Rock Band, specifically the guitar/bass portions.

UPDATED: 4/3/2009 external mirror

Features:
    - icons for default dock applications [Safari, SMS, Phone, Mail, iPod]*
    - sliders
    - lock background and wallpaper
    - SMS background and bubbles
    - battery
    - volume and notification badge
    - lock/unlock sounds
    - iPod Touch support**
    - Notes
    - Weather
    - dialer

Notes:
    - requires five icon dock installed
    - dock applications need to be in the specific order of Safari, SMS, Phone, Mail, iPod to display properly [see below for iPod]

Known issues:
    - alerts for mail/SMS/phone are a bit off as the badge becomes partially obscured by the adjacent icon. I tried my best to limit it though.
    - there's a tiny graphical glitch next to the green fret button where a few pixels are misaligned. It's hardly noticeable but it bugs me so I thought I'd point it out.
    - the unlock sound seems kinda muffled. I'm gonna have to try to get a better copy of the sound clip.
    - in the SMS app, if someone sends you a message with any kind of link (phone numbers, URLs, email addresses, etc) the background behind the bubble won't display properly. I've experienced this with other themes as well so I think it's an overall Winterboard glitch, but I wanted to point it out regardless.

* This can be customized fairly easily through SSH however. In the icon folder just rename the png files to whatever you'd rather put down there instead. [i.e. if you want the blue button to launch contacts instead, rename Mail.png to Contacts.png]

** In Winterboard there will be two themes, "Rock Band" and "Rock Band(iPod)." For use on the iPod Touch check both themes, but make sure to drag the iPod version above the default one. The dock needs to be in the order Safari, Videos, Music, Photos, Mail. Although as stated above, that can be changed via SSH.

I don't take any credit for creating any of the images, as most of them where extracted from the Rock Band mod for Frets on Fire. The lock background comes from the Rock Band forums, but unfortunately I can't recall the name of the fellow who made it. Update: his name is pwnage1232 and he is awesome If you are the creator of anything I've used and want to be credited specifically let me know and I'll gladly comply.

Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by savageboredom; 2009-04-03 at 09:22 AM.

Thanks

Great

Thanks
    Thanked 1,386 Times in 344 Posts

I like it, well done.
    Twitter: @reecouk

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks!

I also want to include an iPod Touch version, I just have to figure out which icons work best on the dock. Since I dont have one I don't really know.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've updated the theme.

New features:
    - iPod Touch support
    - SMS bubbles and background
    - batery
    - volume icon
    - notification badge

More screenshots in the first post.

BTW, how would I update the version available in Cydia? Just submit it again?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Couple of things:
    - found the original creator of the lock background. Appropriate credit given in first post.
    - I noticed a new bug. Detailed in first post.
    - v1.1 now available on Cydia!

According to the live stats it's been downloaded over 4500 through Cydia. I don't know if that's a lot or little versus the typical Winterboard theme, but that's still a huge number in my head. I just want to extend my thanks to everyone who's tried it out and I hope you're all enjoying it.

Updated again!
    - added custom Weather, Notes, and dialer.
    - edited power and answer sliders. They looked junky before and now I think they're a lot cleaner.

I'm hoping I can get this moved to the "complete themes" section on Cydia as well. There's a whole lot less other stuff in that folder so hopefully more people will see it.
    Last edited by savageboredom; 2009-04-03 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Awesome!!
    Currently addicted to Modern Warfare 2! add me on PSN: A_Mexican_guy

I've got problem, Text icon does not change to red strip, it stay like in original theme. What to do with it?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah, that happened when 3.0 came out and I haven't gotten around to resubmitting the package since then. But it's a pretty easy fix. SSH into your phone and go to Library/Themes/Rock Band/Icons and rename Text.png to Messages.png

There are a few other things that 3.0 broke that I still need to fix, but that's the most obvious one.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Looks awesome!

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,217 Times in 2,596 Posts

Cool concept

+1
    #eli7e revived me

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey everybody, if you haven't seen it in Cydia already there's an update to the theme. I fix the things that broke in 3.0 (Messages.app and Notes.app, primarily) and updated a few other things. Probably the biggest change is the new dialer, I like it a lot better. Go on, check it out.