Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [RELEASE] - Liquid Metal Theme - By BriTown

Thanks
    Default [RELEASE] - Liquid Metal Theme - By BriTown
    Includes wallpaper, dock and numerous icons. First attempt at themes, so go easy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0001.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by scottdog129; 2009-02-27 at 11:02 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scottdog129 For This Useful Post:

saigon999 (2009-12-02), sele (2009-02-28), West- (2009-02-28)

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

its got a nice start to it.

however. all the icons are the same(from what i can tell by checking a odd few)

maybe you could add a design to the icons for each app. ipod sort of shape, pen and brush for appstore. things like that. dont have to be full shape but like
    ipod is a rectangle.. with a bit missing at the top for the screen..
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

Thanks
    Thanks, Sean. I actually wanted just the steel ball for the icon. The next one Im doing is going to be a pool of mercury with the logo on the icon. More to follow!

To take a screenshot for it, just have your iphone on the set screen (Lockscreen, Battery, Home Page, etc.) and push the home and sleep/awake button at the same time...the screen will flash and the pic is now located in your photo album...connect to the computer and get the pics to your computer and then upload them here...hope that helps

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hec-POA View Post
    To take a screenshot for it, just have your iphone on the set screen (Lockscreen, Battery, Home Page, etc.) and push the home and sleep/awake button at the same time...the screen will flash and the pic is now located in your photo album...connect to the computer and get the pics to your computer and then upload them here...hope that helps
    THANKS, Hec!! Never knew that. HUGE help!!

No Problem

not bad... i like the icons

Thanks

Nice work.

good job!

Thanks for sharing, I really like it, simple, clean, and unique.
    For Updated Orbz Icon packs:
    **NEW** Orbz 3.0: http://rapidshare.com/files/208451088/Orbz3.0_v1.3.rar
    Glare: http://rapidshare.com/files/19829084...te_2-15-09.rar
    Non-Glare: http://rapidshare.com/files/20086806...n_Pack_1.0.rar

Make sure to thank the guys:
    1hihum (Uploader/iconmaker), JoOosty (iconmaker), Sele (Iconmaker) and last but not least H0ckey (Does Not Need Introduction)! And special thanks to everybody else I forgot to mention, Sorry!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sele For This Useful Post:

scottdog129 (2009-03-04)

Wink Soooo gorgeous!
    I think your theme is perfect as it is. I'm using it right now, and I can't stop looking at it. As a matter of fact, it inspred me to make a sci-fi sound theme to go with, as well as some page dots (which go with your theme perfectly).

I'm going to upload the page dots, maybe you'll like the way they feel with your theme. If you don't mind, can I call them Liquid Metal Page Dots? Is that breaking some sort of code by naming them that way? If so, I appologize in advance. I just want you to be able to find them.

Quote Originally Posted by scottdog129 View Post
    "Includes numerous icons"
    LOL they are all the same, I bet it was hard to make numerous icons... sorry, I just had to point that out.

But really, I would take the advice of the first replier and make unique icons for each app... Maybe, since it's your first theme, just create a nice overlay that still has the liquid metal look that can go around the default icons.

Quote Originally Posted by justarry21 View Post
    LOL they are all the same, I bet it was hard to make numerous icons... sorry, I just had to point that out.

But really, I would take the advice of the first replier and make unique icons for each app... Maybe, since it's your first theme, just create a nice overlay that still has the liquid metal look that can go around the default icons.
    Why do u always have to say something jerky? I've seen ur comments in a couple of other threads where people are "first-time" themers and u always seem to have something stupid to say...try to just leave constructive criticism that will help "newbies" in the future..after all, we all start off as noobs

Good start w/ ur theme BriTown..don't let negative people discourage ur efforts...cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by toyvan View Post
    Why do u always have to say something jerky? I've seen ur comments in a couple of other threads where people are "first-time" themers and u always seem to have something stupid to say...try to just leave constructive criticism that will help "newbies" in the future..after all, we all start off as noobs

Good start w/ ur theme BriTown..don't let negative people discourage ur efforts...cheers!
    That was only semi-negative, and you forget to mention that I actually gave some decent advice to counteract my so-called "insult"

(and don't tell me that you didn't notice that as well)

EDIT: Another piece of advice for BriTown... the dock.png can be just a blank image so u don't need to match the dock with the wallpaper.
    Last edited by justarry21; 2009-09-29 at 01:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by toyvan View Post

well said and agreed!

i think what could be funky is that some icons could be different shapes and sizes to blend in with the wallpaper (kinda camouflaged in) but im feeling the theme regardless

Quote Originally Posted by justarry21 View Post
    That was only semi-negative, and you forget to mention that I actually gave some decent advice to counteract my so-called "insult"

(and don't tell me that you didn't notice that as well)

EDIT: Another piece of advice for BriTown... the dock.png can be just a blank image so u don't need to match the dock with the wallpaper.
    there's nothing wrong with constructive criticism if you're really trying to help, but there are nicer ways to "insult' people...lol ...I'm not trying to start any thread wars here, but I just see way too much negativity going on in these threads when we should all be more supportive of each other's efforts in making this the best and biggest iPhone community..cheers! (best if u read this post w/ some soft, poignant music playing in the background)

thanks toyman I figured out my problem: I listen to heavy metal while I post to newbie themers! lol jk.. yeah I respect the advice and all and I agree with it, just don't call me out as being consistently jerky next time