Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [PREVIEW] Retrofuturist rebooted

Default [PREVIEW] Retrofuturist rebooted
    Some time ago, I posted a preview of Retrofuturist, my work in progress.

Shortly afterwards, my iPod died and the project went down with it. Until I recently received and jailbroke my 2nd gen iPod, and felt like reworking the theme.

I changed the wallpaper a bit, adding wood panelling and a slight 3d effect. The flipclock got moved to the lockscreen, and I added a couple of icons. In the screenshots I also use the ReflectiveDock app, which adds a lot to the look.

Stuff I'm planning to add:
    More icons (lots of them). Please tell me what apps you'd like to have icons for.
    A custom keyboard matching the style
    A skin for SBsettings

Stuff I'm considering but not actively working on:
    Skins for individual apps
    Skins for iPhone interface stuff the iPod doesn't have. I'll have to take a good look at other skins to work this out, since I don't have an iPhone to test it.

Apart from those, I'll seriously consider anything you guys would like me to add. Don't hesitate if you've got a request.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0002-1-.png   -img_0003-2-.png   -img_0004-1-.png  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Quister For This Useful Post:

astrosplatt (2010-08-17)

I think it looks great, and would love to try it on my iPhone - will you be including a phone icon? When do you expect to release it?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i would like to try this too. it look really sharp!

Quote Originally Posted by steve17360 View Post
    I think it looks great, and would love to try it on my iPhone - will you be including a phone icon? When do you expect to release it?
    I will include it, now that you asked for it. I'm a bit hazy on the release date, since my job is really busy and hectic at the moment. I'm really working all hours. Once I made a bunch of additional icons and the keyboard I'll go for the launch, and add the rest in updates.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Quister For This Useful Post:

steve17360 (2009-02-25)

Great thanks. Looking forward to it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me 24trepid's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks pretty sweet, keep at it ........

this looks f'n sweet

finish this baby up and get it out there

I probably won't be able to work on this until early next week (did I already mention I'm busy?), so the impatient people can download the .rar, unrar it, ssh it to their device and enjoy this early version.

Like I already mentioned, it looks best with the ReflectiveDock app (find it on Cydia), and google can lend a hand in hiding the original lockscreen clock.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Quister; 2009-02-27 at 04:09 PM.

PM a zip file of the theme so i can mod it to look the way i want it, please.

You can download the zip at http://www.incarnations.nl/temp/retro.zip and modify it as much as you like. If you publish it, please be so kind as to mention "based on 'Retrofuturist' by Frans van Bellen" or something like that in the credits.

The zip contains four different .theme folders. The "base" is the main theme, the other are modifications that can be applied to the base.

If you need information or help, feel free to ask.

How about: Retrofuturist Rebooted ~ Modded

And in the description: Based on the "Retrofuturist" By Frans Van Bellen.

Cool name btw.

I'm digging it alot. Too bad you don't have more time to yourself to work on it but that's life right?

Hey, how about making a theme together?

Quote Originally Posted by MindGem View Post
    How about: Retrofuturist Rebooted ~ Modded

And in the description: Based on the "Retrofuturist" By Frans Van Bellen.

Cool name btw.
    Just "Retrofuturist Modded" is fine too, the Reboot isn't really part of the name.

Reboot sounds cool!

Than you can call your version Retrofuturist Reboot, since mine was just called Retrofuturist

Very nice, it looks very "Bioshock"!
    Is it compatible with iOS 4?