Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [RELEASE] - Animated WeatherWidget Slider with scrolling text (for Winterboard)

Default [RELEASE] - Animated WeatherWidget Slider with scrolling text (for Winterboard)

Updated weather conditions for your location, plus cycling detailed conditions, plus 6-day forecast.

Even though the screenshot image is an animated gif, the widget is actually animated on your lockscreen with webkit-marquee animation. The settings are such that it will not cause your phone to lag.

Download Here

2.20.09 ** Updated to get rid of the "Slide to Unlock" text.

IF anyone's interested I can make a version that doesn't replace your slider. I like it there to conserve space on my lockscreen for the lock calendar.

Instructions:

1. Download
    2. Unzip
    3. Open the configureMe.js file in a text editor and replace "01945" with your zipcode or location ID from accuweather
    4. Copy to Library/Themes on your device
    5. Activate in winterboard
    Last edited by Spamdumpster; 2009-02-20 at 03:32 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spamdumpster For This Useful Post:

Blik (2009-02-21), JStraitiff (2009-02-19), Zehlek (2009-02-19)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Zehlek's Avatar
    Thanks

Awesome, Thanks. Anything to edit to be able to get it to show up on the main springboard?

Quote Originally Posted by Zehlek View Post
    Awesome, Thanks. Anything to edit to be able to get it to show up on the main springboard?
    Sure. You have to do two things:

First, rename "LockBackground.html" to "Widget.html." This will put the widget on the springboard. However, it will be in the same position -- under the dock, and so not very useful. Thus ...

Second, open Private/stylesheets.twoline.css in a text editor and edit the second line that says "margin-top:390px". Lowering the number 390 will move the widget higher on the springboard. You'll have to experiment to get it exactly where you want it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Spamdumpster For This Useful Post:

wfansl01 (2009-05-13)

cool i will try this out

i dont really need to look at my fone to know the weather here in buffalo...... lol

Any way to make this work for a Canadain City? I have changed the code in the config file but with no luck. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by JMD08 View Post
    Any way to make this work for a Canadain City? I have changed the code in the config file but with no luck. Any suggestions?
    What city?

Try adding your location to the end of this URL "http://apple.accuweather.com/adcbin/apple/Apple_find_city.asp?location=" For example, for "Springfield", you get non-us results that look like this (except more results)

location city="Springfield" state="Australia(Victoria)" postal="OCN|AU|VIC|SPRINGFIELD|"/>
    <location city="Springfield" state="Australia(Tasmania)" postal="OCN|AU|TAS|SPRINGFIELD|"/>

Copy the part after "postal" and enter that after "var locale = " in the configureMe.js file.
    Last edited by Spamdumpster; 2009-02-19 at 11:24 PM.

Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Took your suggestions but with no luck.....just shows "loading"
    I changed the source file to yahooweather and that kind of worked. But it will only show City name, temp and current conditions with no icons showing.
    Last edited by JMD08; 2009-02-19 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

JMD08 - have you been able to get other weatherwidgets to work with the accuweather source?

Spamdumpster, I am using your widget for the lock screan that doesn't have the scrolling text. I am using accuweather as the source. And it works great. I like it a lot. It that case in the config file I have it set for "Waterloo, Canada".
    Last edited by JMD08; 2009-02-20 at 01:29 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JMD08 View Post
    I use exactly Hamilton, Canada and it works for me

Zehlek, I gave that I try and it works. I tried a couple of closer cities to me, and Cambridge is the closest one that works. Thanks for the advice.

Spamdumpster, Thanks for making the program, works great. I like it a lot.

Default slider text "slide to unlock" still visible
    hey, thanks a lot for this awesome addition to my lock screen!

regardless of whether I'm using the default apple theme or the smoog theme, the "slide to unlock" text is still visible, and makes it hard to read the weather. did i screw up the install? i'd be psyched for help getting rid of the slider text.

thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    hey, thanks a lot for this awesome addition to my lock screen!

regardless of whether I'm using the default apple theme or the smoog theme, the "slide to unlock" text is still visible, and makes it hard to read the weather. did i screw up the install? i'd be psyched for help getting rid of the slider text.

thanks again!
    zanderpants, thanks for this post. I inadvertently deleted the folder that gets rid of the slider text. It's gone now, and I uploaded a new version (link in the first post). Try and let me know if it works for you.

Thanks
    how is the battery usage with this being animated? love the idea and want to give it a go but need to find out.

iPhone 2g 8gb 2.2 pwned

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mcca21 View Post
    how is the battery usage with this being animated? love the idea and want to give it a go but need to find out.
    I haven't notice too much of a difference, but I'd like to hear from others on this.

Default Fix works, thanks
    The fix works great for me Spamdumpster, thanks very much. Love the app!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spamdumpster View Post
    zanderpants, thanks for this post. I inadvertently deleted the folder that gets rid of the slider text. It's gone now, and I uploaded a new version (link in the first post). Try and let me know if it works for you.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Spamdumpster Ive been using the weatherwidget you posted in the lockcalendar post and i love it. Someone had modified it to be a tap to unlock as oppose to slide. Could you modify this one to be a taptounlock?

Thanks

Thanks

Nice work S/D.. a quick question is it possible to run this with a clock widget as well? I can figure out how to do it.
    iPhone 4 | iMac 24" | MacBook Pro 15" | ATV | iPod Classic | Time Capsule | iPad 16 Gb |

Quote Originally Posted by ripped53 View Post
    Spamdumpster Ive been using the weatherwidget you posted in the lockcalendar post and i love it. Someone had modified it to be a tap to unlock as oppose to slide. Could you modify this one to be a taptounlock?

Thanks
    Here's a tap to unlock version: http://spamdumpster.googlepages.com/...nimatedTTU.zip

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast